Jump to content


T-34-1


  • Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Dr_ownape #61 Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:12 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 42514 battles
  • 5,406
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

Just unlocked it and started the grind and on paper it seems awful. The aim time is shocking but been lucky so far as its going well so far but im waiting for the fall to happen:

 

t-34-1 17 games.jpg



Gkirmathal #62 Posted 01 May 2016 - 08:47 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8125 battles
  • 1,506
  • Member since:
    01-14-2013

View Postbrownape, on 27 April 2016 - 06:12 PM, said:

Just unlocked it and started the grind and on paper it seems awful. The aim time is shocking but been lucky so far as its going well so far but im waiting for the fall to happen

 

And your verdict? :P

 

Edit: I looked up your performance on it (avg 1700dpg/3700+ wn8 in 107 games!) and hot damn...that performance *claps*

How did you manage it, shoot exclusively gold or just lucky not being the barrel scrubber in t9 games for the most part?

 

Personally absolutely fail with it at the moment. But I'm also failing with all my other tanks in general, the past week and a half. Maybe I need to go see a doctor xD


Edited by Gkirmathal, 02 May 2016 - 09:19 AM.


Dr_ownape #63 Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:53 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 42514 battles
  • 5,406
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

View PostGkirmathal, on 01 May 2016 - 07:47 PM, said:

 

And your verdict? :P

 

Edit: I looked up your performance on it (avg 1700dpg/3700+ wn8 in 107 games!) and hot damn...that performance *claps*

How did you manage it, shoot exclusively gold or just lucky not being the barrel scrubber in t9 games for the most part?

 

Personally absolutely fail with it at the moment. But I'm also failing with all my other tanks in general, the past week and a half. Maybe I need to go see a doctor xD

 

I chased the 3rd MoE in the end and fired a reasonable amount of gold (1/3).

 

1st mark = 29 games

2nd mark = 69

3rd mark = 112

 

 

I was hoping for under 100 games but I'm not that good. The tank is not a brawler at all unless you can face hug them and make them shoot your turret and the aim times means you need to find your targets at range and use your excellent VR and camo to remain hidden whiolst shooting. I also tracked a lot of enemies to farm assisted damage for the MoE.

 

 



Gkirmathal #64 Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:21 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8125 battles
  • 1,506
  • Member since:
    01-14-2013

@Brownape, well I applaud your performance :)

Wish I could have that output with it, though for me the tank's performance is (after 9.6) just too unpredictable, too inconsistent and too RNG sensitive for me.

 

It has driven me to rage the last 3 weeks, ever since having dusted it off (had parked it after 9.6) and actively working to get my 3rd skill on it now.

Sometimes it magically 'works', though for me most other times all the aiming in the world can't make it hit a barn at point blank range, nor not getting consecutive module damages and those fires.


Edited by Gkirmathal, 09 May 2016 - 03:37 PM.


tnk_x5000 #65 Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:43 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28516 battles
  • 446
  • Member since:
    01-01-2013

This tank can dominate tier 7. But I still would like to have some more mobility...

http://wotreplays.com/site/2846586

Regardless, this tank is still one of my reasons for tier 7 to be enjoyable for me.



Volfrahm #66 Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:41 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 8576 battles
  • 2,621
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    10-24-2014

Hate it, hate just about every (except turret) about it.

 

You are better off with a proper medium, not this tier 4 hull armor failure.

 



Gkirmathal #67 Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:19 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8125 battles
  • 1,506
  • Member since:
    01-14-2013

View PostVolfrahm, on 23 December 2016 - 11:41 PM, said:

Hate it, hate just about every (except turret) about it.

 

You are better off with a proper medium, not this tier 4 hull armor failure.

 

 

Agree.

IMO, before 9.6, this thing was absolutely fab. Nowadays it just...completely uncomfortable to drive.

It needs a slight aim time buff, or be able to equip Vstab.



VarzA #68 Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:41 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 19204 battles
  • 1,197
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    06-17-2011

Just got it myself .... i had high hopes, even spent 4.5k to finally unlock the turret and mount the big gun .... what a piece of crap.

 

Mobility is meh, not too good but not too bad.

Type 58 was certainly more mobile.

You can't rely on the turret .... it's the kind of armor that increases the change of a bounce, and not actually bounces (it's not a guarantee).

Gun depression and low profile makes hiding the hull hard.

DPM is low.

Everything that pens you, will ammo rack you.

 

So i got clobbered 5-6 games in a row where i ended up vs t9's trying to secure good positions ahead.

I only started having success in it when i started playing it like a coward early game, using that camo

I have horrible stats in mine, but i am advancing fast towards 1st MOE .... it means most ppl find this tank horrible. :(

 

It will be an interesting grind. :P



dennez #69 Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:37 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 17104 battles
  • 4,755
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-26-2013

View PostVarzA, on 24 October 2017 - 10:41 PM, said:

Just got it myself .... i had high hopes, even spent 4.5k to finally unlock the turret and mount the big gun .... what a piece of crap.

 

Mobility is meh, not too good but not too bad.

Type 58 was certainly more mobile.

You can't rely on the turret .... it's the kind of armor that increases the change of a bounce, and not actually bounces (it's not a guarantee).

Gun depression and low profile makes hiding the hull hard.

DPM is low.

Everything that pens you, will ammo rack you.

 

So i got clobbered 5-6 games in a row where i ended up vs t9's trying to secure good positions ahead.

I only started having success in it when i started playing it like a coward early game, using that camo

I have horrible stats in mine, but i am advancing fast towards 1st MOE .... it means most ppl find this tank horrible. :(

 

It will be an interesting grind. :P

 

Its horrible with the current gun handling.. And it will get worse with the T-34-2.. A LOT worse :-)

You will suffer before you get to the WZ-120 and then better hope you did the heavy line first or you're looking at an XP sink of about 200K.. 



VarzA #70 Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:36 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 19204 battles
  • 1,197
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    06-17-2011

View Postdennez, on 26 October 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

 

Its horrible with the current gun handling.. And it will get worse with the T-34-2.. A LOT worse :-)

You will suffer before you get to the WZ-120 and then better hope you did the heavy line first or you're looking at an XP sink of about 200K.. 

 

I finished the t-34-1 and i ended up loving it, had some amazing games, especially with the chinese new yr thing going.

I got the T-34-2 and i'm 2k xp from getting the tracks (my final upgrade).

The last 100mm on the 34-2 is significantly better, it feels like you are really doing damage, more precise, etc ....

After i get tracks, i might try the 122mm .... so far the costs of the tank are bankrupting me.

 

I did do the 5A before, and i'm about 202k from 113.

Once i finish the t-34-2 and get it fully unlocked, i will finish the 113 grind, so i can also unlock the top 122mm for the wz-120.

Only after that (and maybe after i get the top engine on the wz-111 1-4 as well) i will do the wz-120.

 

I know it's got a horrible grind, and looking at the grind for the Object 430U quite frankly fills me rage .... but i just hope in the end it's worth it, because i really like freaky tanks. :)



Hoche #71 Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:18 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 9359 battles
  • 87
  • [LBG] LBG
  • Member since:
    12-18-2010
I've sacked this line now with the 440U line being easier (for me) getting to the 121 no longer has any appeal. I've struggled with this tank with module/crew damage and the fact it simply misses so much. Type 59 crew is my best crew looks like they're resigned to just grinding credits again :(




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users