Will you miss the awesomepanther?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

Turtle_Team #41 Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30128 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

I sucked in the awfulpanther and its constant tier 10 games so just played it for x2s and was so happy to finally sell it and get the RU 251.

I think if it had been tier 6 light or had standard mm or just been a medium tank it would have been an ok tank though and so I would buy a premium version if wg done one under those conditions.

Lord_Squinty #42 Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6367 battles

Still haven't seen anything from WG officially saying the Aufkl is being removed, but I'll take everybodys word on it.

I will hate it if this tank is removed.

Ive only just got it and really struggle to see why the hate for it?

Its fast, better gun than its T7 scouts in other lines, Im regulary popping T9 and T10 in it. (or if not getting the actual kil, doing a fair chunk of damage and distracting it for freindlys to get the kill)

Its an excellent tank, easily my favourite.

Hope they keep it.

Marlekin #43 Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:23 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33482 battles
Last i heard it will simply be gone. 

icyeagle92 #44 Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13159 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Won't miss it.

It's big target, most enemy tanks you will meet are T9&T10 which means most enemy medium tanks has same view range or better.

High alpha guns will eat you, they won't have hard time hitting you since you are nice big target for them. 

Enjoy your meh pen against heavy tanks and trollish soviet medium armors when most maps are now corridors or city maps, you will need to carry plenty of gold ammo with you, 157 average pen is not reliable. When 1vs1 against enemy light one miss/low damage roll can cost you your life who has usually higher average dmg per shot and it's not easy to ram another light driver who knows your weight.  

And so on, from my point of view I see awful panther is worst or second worst from T7 lights on par with sluggish 13 75 both are outdated, it might have have good dpm or good ramming but there are better tanks for that that's my opinion.

This is awful panther replacement:

http://ritastatusrep...light-tank.html

Suits much better for current meta. 

Tazilon #45 Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:13 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 966 battles

Block Quote

Enjoy your meh pen against heavy tanks and trollish soviet medium armors when most maps are now corridors or city maps, you will need to carry plenty of gold ammo with you, 157 average pen is not reliable.

This is part of the reason so many people dislike the Auf Panther.  They complain about the "meh" pen.   BUT...  if you use premium ammo...

PEN for PREMIUM AMMO:

AMX 13 57:  195

AMX 13 75:  202

M41 Bulldog:  210

T71:   210

LTTB:  216

Auf P: 221

WZ-131: 241

Its a whole new ballgame.  The Auf P actually has the second best pen of the T7 Scouts and <wink, wink> the people who play it a lot understand and exploit it

TheR3dBaron #46 Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:45 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 36089 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

I bought it this weekend as I wanted to take advantage from the x5 weekend not to waste a lot of free XP. I need around 10k for the top engine to get it elite. That gun is awesome, lightning fast and accurate and that ramming ... I've already murdered a few light tanks with it. I won the duel against a AMX 13 90. Arty tracked him, shaving off 100 of his health. He died with 2 shots and a full speed ram. Too bad my driver doesn't have the ramming ability. I was still alive, but it needs damage control.

Edited by TheR3dBaron, 14 May 2015 - 08:01 AM.

paulus61 #47 Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:27 AM

Private

• Player
  • 36700 battles

I have to confess that it was with some trepidation that I started playing this tank, and perhaps due to these misgivings I watched a few replays on youtube. Armed with the insights gleaned from these, I found that playing the elited version to be the most enjoyable in the German line since the Luchs! It is simply a matter of rebalancing your expectations between scouting, flanking, and sniping (all of which it can do to some extent) compared to most other lights in the game.

The elite version may be a bit of a fantasy, and from that point of view, I can see why WG might want to replace it. On the other hand there a fantastical elements and configurations to many of the tanks in this game, and I for one would like to see this one remain as an alternative branch in the tree.

Save the Awful Panther!

Trooper909 #48 Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:34 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3338 battles

I bought it..I regret my decision.

Tank has full camo skill and paint and I still get spotted first by even heavys 1v1.Sniper? we all know that is just code for sucky German tank that can't perform any good role..The stug is a sniper and an excellent one at that. this? this is crap in any role.

Edited by Trooper909, 15 May 2015 - 11:35 AM.

lord_chipmonk #49 Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:48 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35755 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
When it first came out, it was bad. Now, after a succession of buffs, both direct and indirect, it is alright, but I won't be sorry to see it go. For me, it feels like a decent tier 7 medium tank...with terrible matchmaking. It can sure wrack up the damage, and the ability to ram things is nice, the mobility is also fairly decent, but it just isn't for me. 

DeathByDribbling #50 Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28805 battles

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 15 May 2015 - 11:48 AM, said:

When it first came out, it was bad. Now, after a succession of buffs, both direct and indirect, it is alright, but I won't be sorry to see it go. For me, it feels like a decent tier 7 medium tank...with terrible matchmaking. It can sure wrack up the damage, and the ability to ram things is nice, the mobility is also fairly decent, but it just isn't for me. 

+1, it's a panther with a big engine.  That doesn't turn it into a scout, just a more mobile panther.  Played that way it does ok, but in comparison to the real scouts it can't compete.  Most of them can not only scout properly but they get better guns too.

Lancasthor #51 Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19049 battles

Along with ELC AMX, Aufkl. Panther is my favourite vehicle in the whole damn game.

How is that possible, it is an "obsolete piece of junk" afterall? Actually no.

Aufkl. can be impossible as stock, extremely difficult without multiple skill -crew and just undergunned to its tier without any gold apcr. BUT when you have fully equipped vehicle, it suddenly becomes a various task contributor.

Combining speed, view range and even some camo with manageable penetration turns this vehicle from "meh" to fun when applied from careful or endgame balls-deep ways, without forgetting about artylike rng euphoria of smashing a lighter enemy against the wall with a perfectly violent ram.

To players who appreciate originality and fun over overperforming advantage in competition, tuned aufkl would actually be a choise.

I will end up playing it to the last day, hoping that it would return in a form of a premium or a prize vehicle.

lord_chipmonk #52 Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35755 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostLancasthor, on 18 May 2015 - 03:34 PM, said:

Along with ELC AMX, Aufkl. Panther is my favourite vehicle in the whole damn game.

How is that possible, it is an "obsolete piece of junk" afterall? Actually no.

Aufkl. can be impossible as stock, extremely difficult without multiple skill -crew and just undergunned to its tier without any gold apcr. BUT when you have fully equipped vehicle, it suddenly becomes a various task contributor.

Combining speed, view range and even some camo with manageable penetration turns this vehicle from "meh" to fun when applied from careful or endgame balls-deep ways, without forgetting about artylike rng euphoria of smashing a lighter enemy against the wall with a perfectly violent ram.

To players who appreciate originality and fun over overperforming advantage in competition, tuned aufkl would actually be a choise.

I will end up playing it to the last day, hoping that it would return in a form of a premium or a prize vehicle.

I can understand that. It certainly has its moments, but at the moment, I'm having more fun in (and I think doing better in) the 1375 (the only other tier 7 light I've played recently). 

Edited by lord_chipmonk, 18 May 2015 - 03:54 PM.

Ajimbura #53 Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 34313 battles

I like it, but I tend to play it more like a med rather than a scout.

Depends on map and opponents, if arty is involved or not, being more of an opportunist than active scouting all the time.

When you can ram-kill an IS7 with 200HP left I'm happy :D

When opponents tries to ram you and they die instead :D

The gun is great if you don't expect to pen HT in the front, know thy weekspots.

SirDixie #54 Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19902 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I was expecting something terrible but you seem to have lied to me! :teethhappy:

I think I like this tank, decent gun against most things I'm likely to fight (for a change!). I've only seen a couple of tier X games, one where I sucked badly (damn you city maps!) and one in Murovanka with 8.5k spotting damage. I think it'll be gone when I can get an Ru, but I do like the AufPanther.

Doppelsoldner #55 Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11643 battles
I liked my first battle in it, maybe I'm gonna regret it but for the moment I love that tank. It's only con I think it's the size, the mobility is OK, but his size is useful as long as he can ram even HTs so I don't see the problem there. Awful Panther is not that awful :)

Pete_SB #56 Posted 13 June 2015 - 12:54 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10688 battles
I wasn't sure about it 'till the last two battles before I got my RU251. I got Ensk top damage top exp, Then an Abbey map, head on ramming a T54 lwt, shooting him a few times before pushing him off a cliff. Keeping this tank now, it's precious to me :ohmy:

Bowser_nl #57 Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:47 AM

Full-time Seal Designer

• Beta Tester
  • 33570 battles

I always kept the Afk panther, because i think its fun! Being so heavy and fast at the same time it has a completely unique playstyle. Put controlled impact, spall liner and 10% gasoline on it and you'll have tons of fun just ramming other lights out of the way. I really hope they keep the tank in the game, because WoT has enough generic clone tanks already. It needs the diversity the AFK panther offers.

1100hp rammed in one go, vs a higher tier tank. No other tank in this game can do that.

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #58 Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:27 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles
And how many chances you get to ram a LT yoloing you full speed and not turning/shooting you? 1 in a million.

azakow #59 Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 80426 battles

View PostFluffy_The_Destroyer, on 23 June 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

And how many chances you get to ram a LT yoloing you full speed and not turning/shooting you? 1 in a million.

I am always amazed by your post.

This one shows alot about your understanding of sucessful LTing while commanding Aukl. Panther.

There are alot more targets than LT that can be fought by ramming, i.e. Rhm, WT Pz IV, MT6 in general, some MT7 and even some MT10.

It is all about awareness and timing and other LT are the hardest to catch by ramming.

For me successful ramming higher tier vehicles occured 17/207 times.

P.S.:

I assume you have not even considered rammin on T-54 LW at all.

Edited by azakow, 23 June 2015 - 09:25 PM.

armholeeio #60 Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17752 battles
Epic Rams in this tank, God I'll miss that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users