• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

shane73tank #1 Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:39 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29080 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

Hi Tankers,

I would appreciate some advice.  I’m not a great player, have played a lot since I started 12 months ago, but my play time will drop by approx. 60% real soon. I have had premium account for 3 months and have it for another 3.  I have a Jag Tiger 8.8 to make credits and a T-34-85M as a crew trainer. 

I have the T54 and have researched the obj140, I intend to enjoy the T54 to the max and research the T62a.  Having read the forum and started to concentrate on this line I’m really glad I did as I am really enjoying the game and once I had second skill in T54 my damage output and win ratio has increased.   I still have the T44 and am training the crew from that in the T3485M with the aim of using gold to convert them into the obj140 or T62A – then I only need to train one crew from scratch.  

I find I’m more of a brawler right now but perhaps that will change when my skills develop,  I think I’m a good team mate as I will cover back for Arty and try and rescue tanks that are in trouble – even if it means I get nuked, other times I just make a bad decision and have to accept an expensive ( in the T54 ) ar*e whoopin ! 

The T54 is set to vents, rammer and vert stabiliser, here are the crew skills

T54.jpg

The T34-85M I have Rammer, EGLD and Optics ( have left optics on as I seem to constantly be on sand river in this tank ).   Crew skills :

T34.jpg

Note: All bar the radio man are from my T44 and this guy will always be in the T34-85M

Tactics and advice

I am thinking of going for 4th skill as BIA for all of these, this way my crew training T3485M is not badly impacted, I think BIA as 4th on all of these tanks is the one for me. 

I’ve not yet platooned so it’s all random games, right now I don’t see myself in a clan due to work, wife and the kids – I might play 3-4hrs max at a weekend.   The tactic is no more money to WG, use the JagT and developing skill levels to just really focus and enjoy the top of the Russian med tree.

Any thoughts/advice from those who’ve been there before would be appreciated – I now realise how much better I would be by now had I used the forum much earlier but hey – you gotta make mistakes to learn from them.

Thanks

Fullgatsu #2 Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:01 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14420 battles
Deadeye for the gunners isn't a great perk to have you'll be better of with full camo, snapshot or BIA when you retrain. You might start thinking about getting deadeye as the 5th perk/skill because it does very little. For the T-34-84M Radioman I would probably have taken situational Awareness over firefighting since the first fire will be taken cared of by fire extinguisher and if you get set on fire again you're most likely screwed anyway. For the T-54 I prefer optics over vents but vents works so you don't need to change it but for the tier 10 I would strongly advice using optics over vents.

shane73tank #3 Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:03 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29080 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI
thanks, especially re the optics, it's one of those things that I was uncomfortable about, I had a feeling that every everyone else would champion optics I need to have a little think re the order of some of the skills in order to work in BIA 

nipitiri #4 Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 107123 battles

On T-54 Loader is also Radio Operator and can choose Situational Awarenenss but on T10 russian meds Commander is also Radio Operator and can choose Situational Awareness. So, if you don't want to use gold to reskill later you should avoid choosing Situational Awarenenss for T54 (or t-55A), otherwise it is waste of skill on T10 russian meds on Loader.

And yes, it is generally better to use Coated Optics in your case but wents isn't too bad choise too.

Vents is better options after you have reached 5th crew skill and your commander has Jack of all trades skill, then you can replace Med-kit with food if you can afford it and use vents while still maintain awesome viewrange and have slight boost to gun at the same time.

Edited by nipitiri, 26 February 2015 - 04:11 PM.

shane73tank #5 Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:41 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29080 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

Cheers I'm keep in the current crew in the t54. - I love it too much to sell 

My game time has dropped so much I don't think I will ever get to 5th skill

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users