• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

GrumblingGrenade #21 Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:22 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 6008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSalsify, on 03 February 2015 - 03:50 PM, said:

For a snorkel, a lot of the puddles are too deep and many have slopes which are unclimbable. I can't see it working without a major overhaul of the maps and I can't honestly see WG doing that.

True, true. However, there are also many inclinations that are climbable, some of which may be in the bodies of water that you are thinking of, though are just in a minute number of places. In order for it to become easier to enter and escape bodies of water, maps would need to be reworked, and yes, it is hard to imagine WG doing that! Thank you for this feedback, another true and much-appreciated response!

:)

View PostBrutaluc, on 03 February 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

You think we can have trucks?

That would be awesome, i've got some really slow tanks. Trucks for transport!

My TOG approves of this suggestion...

:trollface:

View PostCeeb, on 03 February 2015 - 03:55 PM, said:

They haven't put Submarines into WoWS and you want snorkling tanks. ? 

Cant see it happening. 

Perhaps, though you have to bear in mind that the tank equivalent of a submarine would be a tank that can drill through the earth beneath an unsuspecting victim; not wade through water. You also have to bear in mind that WoWS and WoT are two completely different games, and Naval warfare, I should imagine, is quite different to armoured warfare. Yes, there may be similarities in principles and tactics, though submarines in WoWS would be hideously OP. Wading tanks in WoT, however, if done properly, shouldn't be.

View Postcellaman7, on 03 February 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

Fun idea but I tend to stay away from any water on most maps. Something like that is starting to cross the line from arcade to simulator.

Not going to be able to cross through Lakeville. Dev's have made most maps water friendly lately.

They even took away Port so when you get in from the pub drunk, you don't hit the wrong key and drive backwards off the dock! :teethhappy:

Despite their being many occasions where certain bodies of water are not crossable, there are, or should be, occasions where they are. By the way, thanks for adding some humour into the thread; I miss Port. It was a good map.

:(

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 03 February 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

As no one else has said it, I will. Yes, I know that doesn't mean it should be said 

It needs to be mandatory equipment on arty to stop them suiciding instead of fighting, but with a 5 min wade time.

On a more serious note, nice idea OP, good to see an orignal thought in this place - very rare indeed :-)

Thank you very much!

:great:

Edited by GrumblingGrenade, 03 February 2015 - 06:23 PM.

Chimeratech #22 Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:35 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19051 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
impact on gameplay would be huge and like someone said above it would require a lot of map rework

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users