• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

luuktele14 #1 Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5832 battles
  • [ORDR-] ORDR-

Hello everyone!,

I want to keep my elc amx because I like it so much. On my first crew skill I took sixth sense for my commander and camo for my driver. 

What should I take for my second skill and why?

I play my Elc as an active (and sometimes passive depends on the map) scout. And later on in a battle I go to deal as much damage as possible. I got gun rammer, coated optics and vertical stabiliser.

Thanks! Luuktele14

War_of_Genius #2 Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:08 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28989 battles

u should go for camo on commander (u got only 50% camouflage for the whole tank) and Smooth ride for driver (to be able to fire earlier) and in third skill both BiA.

Alternatively 2nd skill BiA, third camo+smooth ride.

Instead of smooth ride u could take clutch braking, to make tighter turns. I personally think Offroad Driving is not as good, cause it gives 2,5% better handling only on soft terrain. It does not work on hard terrain like streets and though u would get 10% in marsh and wet terrain, I would not advise anybody to go there if not immediately necessary.

Edited by General_Jack_D_Ripper, 04 February 2015 - 12:11 PM.

KhublaR #3 Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34358 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

Go for viewrange (commander and radio guy skills) and gun control (accuracy on the move, more accuracy on turret Rotation).

General rule: improve the main points of a vehicle through skills, in the case of elc, scouting and shooting stuff.

Edited by C1BO, 04 February 2015 - 12:25 PM.

War_of_Genius #4 Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:11 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28989 battles

Recon on Commander gives 7m view range, situational awareness on cammander grants 10m.

I would not advise on that, camouflage is more important than view range.

<- on ELC/ any tank with 160m view range.

Edited by General_Jack_D_Ripper, 04 February 2015 - 01:17 PM.

Eokokok #5 Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:24 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18621 battles
I might be mistaken but isn't Recon buffing max view range, not spotting range? Or maybe I mixed up something, or the tooltips just suck donkey balls...

War_of_Genius #6 Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:32 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28989 battles

U r completely right Eokokok. View range is just "max spotting range".

May I ask u were u read "spotting range"? I checked the tooltips, it is called "view range" - as it should be - there, too.

PoIestar #7 Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32638 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

To add: do camo on your commander as well. Camo gives more bonus if applied to all crewmen. (Not 100% sure)

I'd say don't bother with anything that encourages shooting on the move - even with RNG so random as in WoT you will not hit 9/10 times.

Camo, repairs, and things that maximize your view range. Add Binocular telescope, camonet and maybe even optics (although a gun rammer could be useful as well) and you have a very hard to spot scout tank.

Eila_Juutilainen #8 Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:26 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21300 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

View PostLoekie5500, on 04 February 2015 - 10:20 PM, said:

To add: do camo on your commander as well. Camo gives more bonus if applied to all crewmen. (Not 100% sure)

Actually, the opposite. The effect of the Camo skill is divided by the amount of crewmen.

PoIestar #9 Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:01 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32638 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
That's why I said not 100% sure :P but thanks.

Cheradanine #10 Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:12 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 35443 battles

Most people say camo, but I would argue its something you don't prioritise early on (unless you more often than not passive scout). Part of the elcs role imho is drawing enemy fire at mid-long range while ducking behind low hills etc. All the time those big guns are firing at you (and lets face it, missing), the enemy aren't moving and they are hopefully getting taken apart by your team. OK, so you get no extra credit for all those misses but you will have just helped your team avoid a lot of damage which will definitely help you win.

BIA, off road driving, clutch braking, sixth sense will all keep you alive just as well as not being seen at all because your mobility is even better with them, and you will have a fair idea of when there will be incoming fire so you can either erratically swerve (pls avoid using a zig-zag too often cos better players will compensate!) or get the hell out and go spot or harass the other team elsewhere.

Hope this helps - its one of the most fun tanks in the game and I too made the decision to keep it a long time ago. The fact that my crew are 50% into their 5th skill shows that its still fun even after a lot of battles.

narrwass #11 Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36473 battles
  • [NN9] NN9

Lamp/camo/bia/situational awareness/recon/snap shot/signal boost(radio sux)  

camo/smooth ride/bia/clutch/off road/controlled impact (not to lose hp when trolling)

later u can put perks between like deadeye and retrain for gold or credits

Eq  EGLD/Bino or optics/vents

Thats my setup

Edited by narrwass, 23 February 2015 - 12:33 PM.

Laatikkomafia #12 Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:36 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 23076 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Commander: Sixth sense/Camo/Situational awareness/Recon.
Driver: Camo/Smooth ride/Clutch braking/Off-road driving.

Equipment:
Vents, binocs, camo net.

Edited by Laatikkomafia, 23 February 2015 - 12:57 PM.

eMDB #13 Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:43 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2700 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostGeneral_Jack_D_Ripper, on 04 February 2015 - 12:08 PM, said:

u should go for camo on commander (u got only 50% camouflage for the whole tank) and Smooth ride for driver (to be able to fire earlier) and in third skill both BiA.

Alternatively 2nd skill BiA, third camo+smooth ride.

Instead of smooth ride u could take clutch braking, to make tighter turns. I personally think Offroad Driving is not as good, cause it gives 2,5% better handling only on soft terrain. It does not work on hard terrain like streets and though u would get 10% in marsh and wet terrain, I would not advise anybody to go there if not immediately necessary.

I thought Off-road Driving was proven to be more effective than clutch braking..

Edited by eMDB, 23 February 2015 - 02:17 PM.

MetalManiac69 #14 Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23402 battles

OK guys, stop the BS river! smooth ride? does any of you realize how small is the bonus from smooth ride? 4%, four goddamn percent! that bonus is so small that you can't even notice the difference, AT ALL! smooth ride is a waste of time and exp because dispersion is so high that you won't hit anything on the move anyway, unless shooting from 5m away, and from that distance, smooth ride is useless. 

off-road gives you 10% bonus on terrain passability on soft terrain, and that's something you CAN notice because of high P/w ratio (35 HP/t).

this is the best possible skill setup which improves mobility and camo, the ONLY important things on ELC:

Commander- 6th sense, Camo, Sit. Awareness, Recon, Repairs, anything else (because it doesn't matter anymore and won't make ELC any better)

Driver- Camo, Off-road driving, Clutch Braking, Repairs, same as above

View PosteMDB, on 23 February 2015 - 01:43 PM, said:

Smooth ride is proven to be more effective than clutch braking and clutch braking only works when standing still, thus not moving..

BS, go to wot wiki and straighten your facts. clutch braking works all of the time, not only when sitting still.

Edited by MetalManiac69, 23 February 2015 - 01:54 PM.

eMDB #15 Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2700 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostMetalManiac69, on 23 February 2015 - 01:47 PM, said:

OK guys, stop the BS river! smooth ride? does any of you realize how small is the bonus from smooth ride? 4%, four goddamn percent! that bonus is so small that you can't even notice the difference, AT ALL! smooth ride is a waste of time and exp because dispersion is so high that you won't hit anything on the move anyway, unless shooting from 5m away, and from that distance, smooth ride is useless. 

off-road gives you 10% bonus on terrain passability on soft terrain, and that's something you CAN notice because of high P/w ratio (35 HP/t).

this is the best possible skill setup which improves mobility and camo, the ONLY important things on ELC:

Commander- 6th sense, Camo, Sit. Awareness, Recon, Repairs, anything else (because it doesn't matter anymore and won't make ELC any better)

BS, go to wot wiki and straighten your facts. clutch braking works all of the time, not only when sitting still.

I meant off-road driving and apparently they changed clutch braking while moving... Must find the proof of being better also so don't take my word on what I said. :D

Laatikkomafia #16 Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:02 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 23076 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMetalManiac69, on 23 February 2015 - 02:47 PM, said:

Repairs is just a waste of skill on ELC. If you are tracked, you will most likely die - or use a repair kit to fix the tracks and move on.

Edited by Laatikkomafia, 23 February 2015 - 04:10 PM.

luuktele14 #17 Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:38 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5832 battles
  • [ORDR-] ORDR-

Thanks for all your tips!

Last weekend I got my first skill on the 100% mark. I decided to go camo and smooth ride.

For the third skill I was thinking about designated target for my commander (because when sniping in the elc amx it is good to have when you spot someone he stays spotted for 2 more seconds) and offroad or clutchbraking for my driver. 

For my fourth skill I may go BIA.

After my fourth skill I start thinking about viewrange and radio skills because if you have all of them you only get 5% better viewrange (3% sit. awareness and 2% recon)

My last question is:

Offroad or clutchbraking for my third skill?

Thanks for all those helpfull posts!!

Luuktele14 

Edited by luuktele14, 24 February 2015 - 07:39 AM.

MetalManiac69 #18 Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23402 battles

thanks for -reps, clueless newbs! 

repairs is most certainly not a waste of skill, because if you're not careful, you WILL break your tracks by accident, and you really don't want to waste your repkit on that. with repairs on 100%, you will be repairing tracks in ~4 seconds. that's fast enough to save your arse. of course, you will get blasted if you're stupid enough to drive in front of several campers waiting for an easy kill. 

War_of_Genius #19 Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:52 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28989 battles

View PostMetalManiac69, on 23 February 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

Hi genius, I marked the spot on malinovka on which 10% passability is granted.

It only grants 10% on marsh land aka soft ground. It gives 2,5 on every surface that isn't hard nor soft (like regular grass/field) and 0% on hard terrain (like streets)

U told somebody to go to wiki and get his facts straight. Y don't u do the same?

The Off-Road Driving Skill enables the Driver to reduce the terrain resistance penalty that is applied to a vehicle's maneuverability and acceleration when it is moving over soft or wet ground or a terrain other than a road. On soft or wet terrain the effectiveness is progressive by an amount of 0.1% per percentage point of the Skill's Training Level up to a maximum of 10.0% when the Skill level reaches 100%. There is no effect when driving on roads, cobblestone, or asphalt. When driving on all other terrain the effectiveness is progressive by an amount of 0.025% per percentage point of the Skill's Training Level up to a maximum of 2.5% when the Skill level reaches 100%. The effect of the Off-Road Driving Skill is cumulative with that of any installedAdditional Grousers equipment.

U r 100% pathetic. Or to use your words:

View PostMetalManiac69, on 24 February 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

newbs!

And what a giant one u r.

Edited by General_Jack_D_Ripper, 24 February 2015 - 05:05 PM.

MetalManiac69 #20 Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23402 battles

well, genius, 2.5% on terrain resistance is still better than 4% on gun dispersion. acceleration and maneuverability are far more important than firing control. and do you think malinovka is the only map with soft terrain? what about Karelia, Komarin, Swamp, Tundra, Live Oaks, Mountain Pass, Pearl River?

and about that repairs skill, you obviously just don't get it, so please, more downvotes! ELC is easily de-tracked either by bumps on terrain or even by light contact with other tanks, so in a 1vs1 situation it can and will save you. of course, those of you which are smarter will go with BIA and wait to train it to 100% while wasting time and EXP, instead of getting repairs and dropping skills when reached 100%.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users