Crew skills ELC AMX

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

War_of_Genius #21 Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:03 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28989 battles

View PostMetalManiac69, on 24 February 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

well, genius, 2.5% on terrain resistance is still better than 4% on gun dispersion. acceleration and maneuverability are far more important than firing control.

As a matter of fact: No. And it isn't the opposite round. It completely depends on the priorities of the driver. That's I made suggestion and explained different possible setups. U failed to understand the subject matter and claimed only one possible "best" setup was available. And this is just plain wrong.

and do you think malinovka is the only map with soft terrain? what about Karelia, Komarin, Swamp, Tundra, Live Oaks, Mountain Pass, Pearl River?

Oh, I am sure soft ground makes up for about 1% of terrain in WoT. That's a huge factor. And as I wrote in my post, which u obviously did not care to read completely, it is generally not advised to go through such terrain on a LT, unless necessary in the particular situation. Or would u seriously advise anybody to go through the middle on Karelia in an ELC, or drive a lot through MT territory on Mountain Pass, or go through the swamp in live oaks, drive in a lot in the lake in pearl river, or go east on Lakeville, or drive around crazy through the swamp on Swamp. I hope not, I really do.

And then, there is always 0% on hard terrain.

That's y I said, I would not recommend it. A MT is a whole different story, but in a LT I never go into these areas, because I lose the biggest advantage of this class. Now listen, before u think "wuhaaa, camouflage is clearly the biggest advantage of LTs.", let me tell u again, that these are not facts and completely depend on the driver.

and about that repairs skill, you obviously just don't get it, so please, more downvotes! ELC is easily de-tracked either by bumps on terrain or even by light contact with other tanks, so in a 1vs1 situation it can and will save you. of course, those of you which are smarter will go with BIA and wait to train it to 100% while wasting time and EXP, instead of getting repairs and dropping skills when reached 100%.

I did not talk about repair, but I generally do not use it. I tend to drive so that I do not detrack myself. But this is actually a viable choice, u r right in this regard.

TL/DR: Open your mind, stop being so arrogant, don't use your opinion as fact.

luuktele14 #22 Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5868 battles

View PostGeneral_Jack_D_Ripper, on 24 February 2015 - 07:03 PM, said:

As a matter of fact: No. And it isn't the opposite round. It completely depends on the priorities of the driver. That's I made suggestion and explained different possible setups. U failed to understand the subject matter and claimed only one possible "best" setup was available. And this is just plain wrong.

Oh, I am sure soft ground makes up for about 1% of terrain in WoT. That's a huge factor. And as I wrote in my post, which u obviously did not care to read completely, it is generally not advised to go through such terrain on a LT, unless necessary in the particular situation. Or would u seriously advise anybody to go through the middle on Karelia in an ELC, or drive a lot through MT territory on Mountain Pass, or go through the swamp in live oaks, drive in a lot in the lake in pearl river, or go east on Lakeville, or drive around crazy through the swamp on Swamp. I hope not, I really do.

And then, there is always 0% on hard terrain.

That's y I said, I would not recommend it. A MT is a whole different story, but in a LT I never go into these areas, because I lose the biggest advantage of this class. Now listen, before u think "wuhaaa, camouflage is clearly the biggest advantage of LTs.", let me tell u again, that these are not facts and completely depend on the driver.

I did not talk about repair, but I generally do not use it. I tend to drive so that I do not detrack myself. But this is actually a viable choice, u r right in this regard.

TL/DR: Open your mind, stop being so arrogant, don't use your opinion as fact.

You da real MVP

jwu #23 Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:18 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 24829 battles

View PostMetalManiac69, on 24 February 2015 - 05:36 PM, said:

well, genius, 2.5% on terrain resistance is still better than 4% on gun dispersion. acceleration and maneuverability are far more important than firing control. and do you think malinovka is the only map with soft terrain? what about Karelia, Komarin, Swamp, Tundra, Live Oaks, Mountain Pass, Pearl River?

I like to deal a lot of damage and carry games, so gun control matters a lot to me. Smooth Ride provides a bigger bonus on the gun control than e.g. BIA or vents do.

And i do spend a lot of time sneaking into firing position in a straight forward motion, or simply jousting with enemy tanks at short to medium distance. Smooth ride is useful for both and every bit of accuracy/aiming time improvement helps.

IMHO focusing on scouting foregoes a lot of the strengths of the ELC. I scout when it's needed, but in most situations there are other tanks that do that job (and they wouldn't stop doing it if i did a scout run either). In those situations the ELC can and should contribute to the battle as a small TD. 

Block Quote

this is the best possible skill setup which improves mobility and camo, the ONLY important things on ELC:

I disagree that these are the only important things. The gun is just as important as these three, and the aspect that is most in need of improvement.

Block Quote

and about that repairs skill, you obviously just don't get it, so please, more downvotes! ELC is easily de-tracked either by bumps on terrain or even by light contact with other tanks, so in a 1vs1 situation it can and will save you. of course, those of you which are smarter will go with BIA and wait to train it to 100% while wasting time and EXP, instead of getting repairs and dropping skills when reached 100%.

I bring two repair kits for that reason, and no fire extinguisher. However, i rarely get myself detracked on terrain, but if an enemy shot detracks me, then i want to be able to repair it instantly. The reason is that many bigger guns with a slow reload would likely kill my ELC instantly (especially if it took some damage before), but those small pesky guns that are around have a faster reload than i would repair even with repair skill. Hence i prefer two repair kits over repair skill, as the repair skill either is not needed in most cases against the slow firing big guns, or not enough against the fast firing small ones.

Edited by jwu, 25 February 2015 - 08:56 AM.

pignouf_2 #24 Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9983 battles
well said jwu.
for my elc i have or will put:bino, ram, aim
small repair, small heal, food
commander: 6th, camo, bia, gun control, designated target/recon/awareness (idk yet)
driver: camo, smooth, bia, preventive maintenance, clutch breaking 
my playstyle: snipe/scout (but without risk) at the beginning then shot and run in their back/flank

Thundyuk #25 Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14644 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

I got controlled impact on mine. It helps a lot.

MrRadar #26 Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7388 battles
  • [WLHLM] WLHLM

Is anyone here running it with enhanced suspension? I feel it helps a lot with involuntary airtime. Or  do you think it's just a wasted slot?

Apart from that I have rammer and camonet equiped. I don't feel like optics would do much with that crappy view range.

jwu #27 Posted 09 September 2015 - 02:25 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 24829 battles

Methinks it's better not to do any involuntary airtime in first instance.

I'm not a fan of the camo net either. When i'm behind a bush i won't need one. When i'm not behind a bush then i'm not sitting still.

MrRadar #28 Posted 10 September 2015 - 08:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7388 battles
  • [WLHLM] WLHLM

View Postjwu, on 09 September 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

Methinks it's better not to do any involuntary airtime in first instance.

I'm not a fan of the camo net either. When i'm behind a bush i won't need one. When i'm not behind a bush then i'm not sitting still.

Of course it's better to stay on the ground but sometimes when I'm running away from those big guns it's hard to do.
I exchanged the camonet for the binos already. Improved my spotting damage quite a bit.

levisuiker1 #29 Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:18 AM

Private

• Player
  • 675 battles
hes repairs are very cheap and ammo too. so u can easiely make profit.

ARES_IV #30 Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15621 battles

View PostMrRadar, on 04 September 2015 - 12:29 PM, said:

Is anyone here running it with enhanced suspension? I feel it helps a lot with involuntary airtime. Or  do you think it's just a wasted slot?

Apart from that I have rammer and camonet equiped. I don't feel like optics would do much with that crappy view range.

I used it. It makes you notable less prone to accidental detracking by reckless driving. However, once you learnt to properly drive your ELC it is imho a wasted slot.

Consider getting improved vents. At 50000 they are damm cheap and will help with all stats. Most importantly with stats that you CANNOT improve otherwise like accuracy.

I would not use repair skill on ELC. Big guns you will escape with repair kit. Fast firing guns will kill you anyway with more shots.

Especially not as there is so much better stuff - imho - to have on ELC.

First Skill:

Commander: Sixth Sense --> most vital in learning the real camo value of your tank

Driver: Camo --> Elc has a great base camo, but that does not make it invisible. 50 % camo rating will notably help.

Second Skill: Personally I will go for BIA, because it is a perk that only begins to work at 100 % and that is not something you want necessarly do with your third skill that costs 4 times as much as the first one.

Third Skill:

Camo for Commander to finally be invisible.

Havent decided on the Driver skills yet.

I am not using a rammer on my ELC and just binocs and camo net. Camo net because my current camo skill is still rather low and binocs because ELC viewrange - as drawback of the small size .- is not that great.

However take notice, that I play my ELC as a micro TD and not a light. If you race across the battlefield, you wont profit much from camo net or binocs.

I am quite a fan of vents + BIA in general. Because it buffs most stats and while it may only be arround 5 % (of 10 % displayed for both BIA and vents) it still buffs a lot of stats you CANNOT otherwise buff. Like accuracy, which is important for me because I dont use gold ammo and as such need to hit weakspots more reliably.

Send_Him_Off #31 Posted 14 November 2016 - 10:46 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9390 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

So I'm not even a 'good' player (4300) rating, got only 4210 games under my belt I'm now at 666 games in my ELC. I've got both female crew members trained on 3 skills (Inc sisters in arms) and the next is about 90% Commander and 20% Driver. I'm about 92% on my MoE and I can't get any bloody higher.. I couldn't tell you all the skills right now but for one thing I don't feel the need to use Repairs as I don't find myself in a position to not use 3000 credits for an instant repair instead of waiting 4 seconds. I do both Passive and Active scouting due to the amazing Alpha damage of the T5 tank and then the amazing camo rating to allow to me passive scout. I don't use a rammer, I rarely find myself needing to show more than once in a row and think that maybe using Vents is a better option due to better all round performance. Anyone with 3 marks on their gun, give me a bit of insight on how to get my own trio as I'm stuck with just the 2. I run Optics (used to use binos, still undecided what's best) camo net and vents. Premium food too as I don't really care about the money side of playing in my Favourite tonk. I'm also using an AMX 13 57F to trian my crew. Anyone who's an expert in ELC driving, hit me up if you wanna play a few in a platoon. 

Edited by Send_Him_Off, 14 November 2016 - 11:09 AM.

Onicorn #32 Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:51 AM

Private

• Player
  • 33183 battles
  • [READ] READ

Commander: camo, BiA, snap shot

driver: camo, BiA, smooth ride

vents, camo net, binocs

food, small repair, small first aid

6th sense is a waste in my opinion since when I'm scouting or sniping I already know when I'm going to get spotted. I'd rather focus on the strong points of the tank which are the cloaking device (in a good bush most tanks can only spot me with the 50m proxy) and the gun which is absolutely lethal for it's tier. Fire extinguisher is pointless as well since the tank rarely burns or if it does you are dead anyways.

thuering #33 Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:19 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 40735 battles
  • [KNOUT] KNOUT
A scout without 6th sense -.-

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users