Jump to content


One of the worst win chances I've seen so far...


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

D3rpFox #1 Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:20 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16348 battles
  • 152
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

Not saying I did well, but come on!

All I can say is damn this was one clunky team :bajan:


Edited by TheGreatWolf, 11 February 2015 - 04:46 PM.


Shaka_D #2 Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:03 PM

    Colonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 37657 battles
  • 3,761
  • Member since:
    10-18-2010
Yep, the mm is definitely not broken, not, oh wait, not that it's not broken, just saying it's not right that we say it's not broken. Not being funny, not ever.

John_Preston #3 Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:06 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 17436 battles
  • 6,373
  • Member since:
    10-13-2012


Desyatnik_Pansy #4 Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:07 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 16677 battles
  • 25,900
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013
Though your team certainly looks worse-off, funnily enough the stats don't seem to be that different so the fact that XVM Gives it only a 8% Win chance baffles me. I've seen games where it's a team of nought but reds and deep reds vs. all greens and blues and though I don't have win chance turned on it sure as hell probably gives me a better chance of winning in that scenario. :amazed:

Lol_N00b #5 Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:03 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 8561 battles
  • 3,077
  • [BL33T] BL33T
  • Member since:
    09-03-2014

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 11 February 2015 - 08:07 PM, said:

Though your team certainly looks worse-off, funnily enough the stats don't seem to be that different so the fact that XVM Gives it only a 8% Win chance baffles me. I've seen games where it's a team of nought but reds and deep reds vs. all greens and blues and though I don't have win chance turned on it sure as hell probably gives me a better chance of winning in that scenario. :amazed:

 

There's a notable discrepancy in WN8 values and we know XVM is all about WN8. 7 tomatoes & carrots in own team and only 1 in enemy team. 

John_Preston #6 Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:01 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 17436 battles
  • 6,373
  • Member since:
    10-13-2012
It's amazing how many of you still fail to understand what "random" means.

1ncompetenc3 #7 Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:13 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 36945 battles
  • 11,492
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013
XVM win chance is mostly bovine fecal matter. And frankly your team doesn't even look that bad... not much worse than the average team in fact.

RegularLogic #8 Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:20 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 38519 battles
  • 977
  • Member since:
    01-26-2011
oh look! someone has XVM win chance turned on! it's as if they give up at the start of battle! :facepalm:

John_Preston #9 Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:24 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 17436 battles
  • 6,373
  • Member since:
    10-13-2012

The matchmaker does not care about your or your teammates xvm stats.

OP has more than 10k battles. OP, what about the ones where you had >90% win chance? What about the other >10k? Did you make a thread about every single battle of yours? No? What's the point then?

You had 1 battle out of 10000 where you had much worse players on your team than the enemy team(at least according to some 3rd party statistic thingy). Yeah, matchmaking is totally broken.



Lol_N00b #10 Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 8561 battles
  • 3,077
  • [BL33T] BL33T
  • Member since:
    09-03-2014

View PostVonnis, on 12 February 2015 - 01:13 AM, said:

XVM win chance is mostly bovine fecal matter. And frankly your team doesn't even look that bad... not much worse than the average team in fact.

 

Are you looking at the tank composition, WRs, or what? You don't think the 858 WN8 vs 1318 WN8 and that two of the own team top tiers are utter tomatoes makes much of a difference? Maybe the home team doesn't look that bad but enemy team I much better than an average team, I believe.

Edited by Lol_N00b, 12 February 2015 - 10:32 AM.


1ncompetenc3 #11 Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:06 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 36945 battles
  • 11,492
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostLol_N00b, on 12 February 2015 - 10:23 AM, said:

 

Are you looking at the tank composition, WRs, or what? You don't think the 858 WN8 vs 1318 WN8 and that two of the own team top tiers are utter tomatoes makes much of a difference? Maybe the home team doesn't look that bad but enemy team I much better than an average team, I believe.

 

I don't mean OP's team is equal to the enemy team; it's not. But both the composition of his team and the difference in average WN8 between the teams don't look exceptionally bad to me. I see much worse on a regular basis.

D3rpFox #12 Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:07 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16348 battles
  • 152
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

View PostRegularLogic, on 12 February 2015 - 12:20 AM, said:

oh look! someone has XVM win chance turned on! it's as if they give up at the start of battle! :facepalm:

 

The fact that I went ahead and tried to  try take a key position so we had a slim chance to win only to realize nobody left the cap determines that what you just said was complete [edited]mate...

Edited by TheGreatWolf, 13 February 2015 - 01:09 PM.


A_N00B #13 Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:47 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17022 battles
  • 453
  • Member since:
    07-20-2014

View PostJohn_Preston, on 11 February 2015 - 11:01 PM, said:

It's amazing how many of you still fail to understand what "random" means.

In WOT, random is supposed to apply to a number of things, those being -

Map

Game mode

Players

 

It is not supposed to have anything to do with once side being so much better than the other that there is not even a chance of one side winning.



A_N00B #14 Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:48 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17022 battles
  • 453
  • Member since:
    07-20-2014

View PostRegularLogic, on 11 February 2015 - 11:20 PM, said:

oh look! someone has XVM win chance turned on! it's as if they give up at the start of battle! :facepalm:

 

When I see win chances like that it makes me want to win even more, purely for the entertainment of taunting the 'much superior team' at the end of the battle.

Homer_J #15 Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:53 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29215 battles
  • 30,671
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postjinx_uk, on 11 February 2015 - 04:03 PM, said:

Yep, the mm is definitely not broken, not, oh wait, not that it's not broken, just saying it's not right that we say it's not broken. Not being funny, not ever.

 

XVM win chance is broken.

A_N00B #16 Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:03 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17022 battles
  • 453
  • Member since:
    07-20-2014

View PostHomer_J, on 15 February 2015 - 10:53 PM, said:

 

XVM win chance is broken.

 

XVM win chance seems fairly accurate when there's a difference of > 10%.  Obviously it's not always right, but it's certainly right a lot more than wrong.

D3rpFox #17 Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:00 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16348 battles
  • 152
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

View PostWaIIet_Warrior, on 15 February 2015 - 11:48 PM, said:

 

When I see win chances like that it makes me want to win even more, purely for the entertainment of taunting the 'much superior team' at the end of the battle.

 

Hey! This guy gets it!




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users