A-44: Wow!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

PoIestar #1 Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32646 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

When buying this tank, I honestly didn't know what to expect. A rear turreted fast medium tank? Hmm.

And guess what? I love it. It's just totally worth it. It's a bit weird though, and it suffered from the 9.6 accuracy nerf.

Essentially you have a gundepression-less not very well armored fast moving med tank with a great gun.

That gun works so well on a medium tank, which is odd. You can do so much damage!

I think I have found myself the best tier 7 medium tank, from the least expected corner.

Replays:

Well, I suck, so they are not that impressive, but here you are:

Top xp tier 9 game:

Top damage overall:

Do you like this tank?

And if you have a nice replay in it: share it!

Eokokok #2 Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18621 battles

There is only one thing that is wrong with this tank - it is better in every single way then same tier TD aka 100m1. It is simply not fair, you have a turret, mobility, better gun... ehhh, will get one soon enough, same can't be said about grinding out the 100m1 I bought.

Also, I think that the gun is in fact great for a med, even as awkward as this. 300 alpha, so much fun packed in such a strange package...

Omnichr0n #3 Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13550 battles

The A-44 is a typical hate/love tank. Either you love it for the big alpha, nice speed with the amount of armor and such, or you hate it for the bad aiming and the amount of module damage you take.

I enjoyed mine, especially as it is a crude tool that can outright bash out other mediums and lights at close quarters. It's a mean machine that works very well if given the correct positions and situations.

Eila_Juutilainen #4 Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:08 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21323 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND
I kept mine after getting Object 416, although I haven't played either in ages. Probably should do so again soon.

PoIestar #5 Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32646 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostEokokok, on 12 February 2015 - 02:37 PM, said:

There is only one thing that is wrong with this tank - it is better in every single way then same tier TD aka 100m1. It is simply not fair, you have a turret, mobility, better gun... ehhh, will get one soon enough, same can't be said about grinding out the 100m1 I bought.

Also, I think that the gun is in fact great for a med, even as awkward as this. 300 alpha, so much fun packed in such a strange package...

The gun does do a lot of damage indeed. And it adds up very, very quickly. Had a decent "blue-unicum WN8" game in my FV215b today where I did 3.2K damage. Then realised: I did that in the A-44 as well...

View PostOmnichr0n, on 12 February 2015 - 02:43 PM, said:

The A-44 is a typical hate/love tank. Either you love it for the big alpha, nice speed with the amount of armor and such, or you hate it for the bad aiming and the amount of module damage you take.

I enjoyed mine, especially as it is a crude tool that can outright bash out other mediums and lights at close quarters. It's a mean machine that works very well if given the correct positions and situations.

I hated it on test. IDK why. It didn't feel that good. Then I tried it out on live, and I love it. Very weird tank it is indeed...

View PostEila_Juutilainen, on 12 February 2015 - 04:08 PM, said:

I kept mine after getting Object 416, although I haven't played either in ages. Probably should do so again soon.

Great idea :)

leoneazzurro #6 Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:19 PM

Major

• Player
  • 4628 battles
  • [S3RPE] S3RPE

View PostEokokok, on 12 February 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

SU-100M1 is way more accurate and its DPM is WAY higher. Camo also quite better on the TD version. Not really comparable on a 1: 1 basis, they have different playstiles... 

Skiferu #7 Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30784 battles
Did not adapt to this tank, to long aimtime. Dead crew and module damage.. Felt like i missed a lot but had 70% hitrate. A lot of frustrating games and some few outstanding when i manage to get close, ding and not caught fire. Sold ended up with 1971 WN8  a result that was better than i belived (checked for first time today).:coin:

Edited by Skiferu, 12 February 2015 - 10:56 PM.

XrN1 #8 Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14360 battles
  • [NRC] NRC

The A-44 is awesome. The long aim time can be a bit annoying, and the lack of gun depression can be a bit frustrating. Even though it has a lot of frontal armor, you don't really want to use it when facing big guns. Often you just get hit and lose your engine. 

However when you can pick your fights, using it's speed, weight and frontal armor, this tank is awesome to charge around the map and ram things. While with other medium tanks you usually want to circle your target, with this tank, you want to run straight at it full speed, use your frontal armor to block shots and then ram your target to destroy it or prevent it from moving away. 

With 150mm frontal armor you can even ram almost all the medium tanks without taking much dmg yourself (as most medium tanks don't weight as much or have that much hull armor)

Just a random replay, not a particularly good game but it shows how fun it can be to drive around aggressively, surprise people and laugh at them shooting at your armor:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1640908

(and yes it was top tier, and the opponents are bad and yes you should be more careful when trying this against T8s and you really shouldn't try this against T9s but usually there are still some light tanks around the map that you can chase around)

A-44, pretty awesome weapon on it, pretty good as a flanker, decent sniper but bad aim time... you can do really well with this tank, but there are many other tanks that are similar. What makes this tank unique to me is how much FUN it is to race around the map and ram other tanks. (Anyone know any other tanks that can do this?)

Outfielder #9 Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:19 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24090 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View PostXrN1, on 20 February 2015 - 04:11 PM, said:

The A-44 is awesome. The long aim time can be a bit annoying, and the lack of gun depression can be a bit frustrating. Even though it has a lot of frontal armor, you don't really want to use it when facing big guns. Often you just get hit and lose your engine.

However when you can pick your fights, using it's speed, weight and frontal armor, this tank is awesome to charge around the map and ram things. While with other medium tanks you usually want to circle your target, with this tank, you want to run straight at it full speed, use your frontal armor to block shots and then ram your target to destroy it or prevent it from moving away. 

With 150mm frontal armor you can even ram almost all the medium tanks without taking much dmg yourself (as most medium tanks don't weight as much or have that much hull armor)

THIS! A 40 ton tank travelling at 50 km/h does MASSIVE ramming damage. I am laughing my head off every time I drive the thing.....

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #10 Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:08 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles
I enjoyed the A-44, big gun bad aimtime and all that but its fast. troll armor at times and you can use the rear of the tank at high angles around corners to play peekaboom. shame engine keeps getting hit every time and the 150mm armor is only on some spots of the front.

dennez #11 Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:56 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17984 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Seriosuly?? For me the A-44 was just a horrible obstacle on the way to the glorious Obj 416. Its just.. so.. bad..

Jolac #12 Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21943 battles

it's a keeper...deffinitly!

:harp:

Thrael7 #13 Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:49 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24074 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Good tank, didnt expect much after t-34 and A-43 but that alpha makes it good. What ruins it though is the engine damage in many battles and the inaccuracy. With its RoF you can't afford to be in the open and miss... well, you can't afford to miss in general with this tank. It's not worthless, it's a good grind I guess. My 1st rear turret'ed tank so it was an interesting experience.

VonKafe #14 Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:26 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20415 battles
The A44 is surprisingly good and after A43 you get a punchy gun. But when you get the Obj. 416 with top gun you will forget A44 quickly.

StringWitch #15 Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12576 battles

I only noticed like yesterday that it gets the ZiS-6 gun. I think it's ugly as hell but I'll have to try it someday. Maybe it looks better from behind.

nighttrain123 #16 Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:42 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16845 battles

I'm really struggling in this tank, although I got frustrated and played badly, had 4 games in a row when I did almost zero damage, which might have ruined my stats. Should have gone for a walk and something to calm down.

I struggle with the poor gun depression, rear turret making peak-a-boom hard, and the engine constantly being damaged.

Apathia #17 Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12770 battles
This tank is utter garbage! Horrible accuracy with terribly slow aim time, 0 gun depression, awkward rear mounted turret and module damage on every hit received (usually ammo rack or engine or both at once!) The only redeeming factor this tank has is it's speed/traverse and to some extent, camo. Every battle playd in this is painful. Much preferred the A-43.

_underscored_ #18 Posted 05 April 2015 - 07:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 59624 battles

View PostVonKafe, on 02 March 2015 - 09:26 PM, said:

The A44 is surprisingly good and after A43 you get a punchy gun. But when you get the Obj. 416 with top gun you will forget A44 quickly.

Speak for yourself :) I had to keep the A-44 and train another crew for it.

It's the most evil tank in the game when it's top tier, just so incredibly troll.

The bad accuracy is a good thing - it keeps you from camping!

samuelx43a #19 Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24843 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostXrN1, on 20 February 2015 - 05:11 PM, said:

Just a random replay, not a particularly good game but it shows how fun it can be to drive around aggressively, surprise people and laugh at them shooting at your armor:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1640908

(and yes it was top tier, and the opponents are bad and yes you should be more careful when trying this against T8s and you really shouldn't try this against T9s but usually there are still some light tanks around the map that you can chase around)

A-44, pretty awesome weapon on it, pretty good as a flanker, decent sniper but bad aim time... you can do really well with this tank, but there are many other tanks that are similar. What makes this tank unique to me is how much FUN it is to race around the map and ram other tanks. (Anyone know any other tanks that can do this?)

IS-8. in CT i rammed and 50km/h full speed at a tier 9 waffle. 1kdmg i took off him. i came out injured tho XD

Iron_Snake #20 Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40674 battles
  • [EFE-S] EFE-S
Just bought this tank (played 10 games, all modules researched) and I found its really troll tank as you said. You can do amazing things in it (ding tones of shells, ram ram ram, side-scrape for impunity, flank other tanks etc) but then, some games you will be missing on close range, getting multiple damages, fires, crew kills...and you will go comet! I was wondering to put back the old 76 mm and troll even more with some gold sometimes :) What do u think about it, have you tried? 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users