Jump to content


Video: Inside the Tanks – The AMX-13: Part I


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:55 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 26,042
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
In this episode we leave the museums far behind and venture to the home of private collector Mr. Warwick Bolton to visit his pride and joy – The AMX-13.

Full news text


Cobra6 #2 Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:14 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • 15,770
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

Nice one! Funky "small" tank :)

 

So when will we get another one from Chieftain?

 

ps: Why is Challenger always looking at the camera panicked as if the thing is holding him at gunpoint? :teethhappy: I know presenting is scary but you don't have to forcefully open your eyes wide, it makes you look panicky.

 

Cobra 6


Edited by Cobra6, 13 February 2015 - 05:27 PM.


Hokum15 #3 Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:26 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33470 battles
  • 1,949
  • [HO_PO] HO_PO
  • Member since:
    06-06-2012
The format of this video is much better the an the older ones.

ThunderboltZ #4 Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:17 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25713 battles
  • 288
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Yay! This is what i've been waiting for :teethhappy:

guest273 #5 Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:09 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 35394 battles
  • 2,261
  • [DAILY] DAILY
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012
In short: French tank designers = EPIC.

The_Challenger #6 Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:24 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Military Specialist
  • 4928 battles
  • 1,985
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    01-19-2012

View PostCobra6, on 13 February 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

 

ps: Why is Challenger always looking at the camera panicked as if the thing is holding him at gunpoint? :teethhappy: I know presenting is scary but you don't have to forcefully open your eyes wide, it makes you look panick

 

Cobra 6

Well I don't think I am, it was incredibly cold in that hanger to the extent that we were all quite uncomfortable- but hey opinions is opinions. 



Cobra6 #7 Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:46 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • 15,770
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View PostThe_Challenger, on 13 February 2015 - 08:24 PM, said:

Well I don't think I am, it was incredibly cold in that hanger to the extent that we were all quite uncomfortable- but hey opinions is opinions. 

 

Remember, I'm trying to give some constructive criticism here:

Comparing the videos to the one with Chieftain he looks far more relaxed and spontaneous in front of a camera than you do, in my opinion.  You are definitely improving compared to earlier videos but it still very much feels like you are reciting lines off an A4 page.

For me that's the soul reason I find the Chieftains videos more entertaining to watch at the moment.

I guess that also comes from the fact that he's done a lot more of these so he has had more practice. As I said your videos are definitely improving so keep it up :)

 

And yeah, museums and the like tend to save on heating it seems :teethhappy: That's why I usually only visit them during the summer.

 

ps: Some lovely pics on your facebook page.

 

Cobra 6

 


Edited by Cobra6, 15 February 2015 - 02:37 PM.


Pansenmann #8 Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:49 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34106 battles
  • 12,625
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

Can't watch the video.

Have uninstalled flash player due to security concerns.

Can you provide a HTML5 version?

 

<3 AMX 13



5everin #9 Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:47 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 78875 battles
  • 1,620
  • [TEC] TEC
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
My most played WOT tank. Enjoyed the vid and look forward to seeing the AMX13 strutting its stuff in the next.

troolie #10 Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:48 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 48154 battles
  • 437
  • Member since:
    08-30-2012

View PostPansenmann, on 13 February 2015 - 11:49 PM, said:

Can't watch the video.

Have uninstalled flash player due to security concerns.

Can you provide a HTML5 version?

 

<3 AMX 13

 

If you can't/don't want to use flash, youtube allows you to force html5 here: https://www.youtube.com/html5

Then you watch the video there: https://www.youtube....h?v=2uMhQ815POQ

As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong), you can't watch embedded video from a third party site in html5 mode.

 



Ankot #11 Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:38 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11019 battles
  • 439
  • [-N-L-] -N-L-
  • Member since:
    08-14-2011
Great video, Challenger! The AMX 13 is a tank I've always wanted to see in one of your videos. By the way, how tall are you? Would you fit inside it?

__TheHound__ #12 Posted 14 February 2015 - 01:31 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 29260 battles
  • 128
  • Member since:
    07-31-2013
Are there going to be any Chieftain's videos. I really liked those. They were very informative, precise and funny... I really miss them.

wsatnutter #13 Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:35 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Beta Tester
  • 24957 battles
  • 7,587
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

cracking video as usual looking forward to part 2

also the badge on your jacket is well designed

cobra 6  what you are seeing in challengers eyes is called intensity its what we british have in our dna its what makes this nation what it is



The_Challenger #14 Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:31 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Military Specialist
  • 4928 battles
  • 1,985
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    01-19-2012

View PostAnkot, on 14 February 2015 - 10:38 AM, said:

Great video, Challenger! The AMX 13 is a tank I've always wanted to see in one of your videos. By the way, how tall are you? Would you fit inside it?

 

I am 5ft 10ins mate, sure I can fit but wow is it uncomfortable:(

GrumblingGrenade #15 Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:57 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 6008 battles
  • 2,204
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-04-2013

Yet again, The_Challenger, another brilliant and very interesting video. It's surprising just how complicated restoring a tank is, especially one that looks as if it's in relatively good condition, and it must have been a monumental task even finding a new engine for the AMX-13, let alone installing it! A very good and informative video as always, keep up the good work, and I'm looking forward to the next one!

:)

Am I right in thinking that the Israelis took the turrets off of AMX-13s and put them on the Sherman hull as an upgrade. I know that they made a "Super-Sherman"; one that I believe to be an upgraded and up-armored variant of the Easy '8, though I think that they indeed upgraded at least one standard Sherman with the AMX-13 turret.



TheKroo #16 Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:12 PM

    Product Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 10290 battles
  • 5,653
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    08-24-2010

View PostCobra6, on 13 February 2015 - 05:14 PM, said:

Nice one! Funky "small" tank :)

 

So when will we get another one from Chieftain?

 

ps: Why is Challenger always looking at the camera panicked as if the thing is holding him at gunpoint? :teethhappy: I know presenting is scary but you don't have to forcefully open your eyes wide, it makes you look panicky.

 

Cobra 6

 

As someone who knows him very well, I definitely would not say he was panicked.

Although I do have an information that The Challenger was slightly cold! We film the tanks in their natural habitat, without many alternations, and I am afraid it sometimes provides for a bit less than cozy environment.

 

Nevertheless, your feedback is most welcome, and we'll be happy to read more of it.

 

 

View PostHokum15, on 13 February 2015 - 06:26 PM, said:

The format of this video is much better the an the older ones.

 

Glad to read you like the video.

Would you be so kind to tell us what you like more?

A bit of references would do us good :)

 

View PostGrumblingGrenade, on 15 February 2015 - 10:57 AM, said:

Yet again, The_Challenger, another brilliant and very interesting video. It's surprising just how complicated restoring a tank is, especially one that looks as if it's in relatively good condition, and it must have been a monumental task even finding a new engine for the AMX-13, let alone installing it! A very good and informative video as always, keep up the good work, and I'm looking forward to the next one!

:)

Am I right in thinking that the Israelis took the turrets off of AMX-13s and put them on the Sherman hull as an upgrade. I know that they made a "Super-Sherman"; one that I believe to be an upgraded and up-armored variant of the Easy '8, though I think that they indeed upgraded at least one standard Sherman with the AMX-13 turret.

 

Egyptians took the AMX 13 turrets and put them on a M4A4. They equipped them  with the diesel engine of M4A2 and the FL-10 turret of an AMX 13.

Israelis have done a lot with their Shermans though: great example being the so called Super Sherman - upgraded Sherman with the French CN 75-50 75 mm gun,

 



Cobra6 #17 Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:34 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • 15,770
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View Postwsatnutter, on 14 February 2015 - 03:35 PM, said:

cobra 6  what you are seeing in challengers eyes is called intensity its what we british have in our dna its what makes this nation what it is

 

Well have to discuss this over a pint then when you are in London again as I'm working there at the moment :teethhappy:

 

Cobra 6



azakow #18 Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:34 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 75939 battles
  • 4,716
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

Great Inside!

 

From day one of the vehicle in WoT, I wanted to know the use of these things.

Spoiler

 

Does anybody know?


Edited by azakow, 18 February 2015 - 01:35 PM.


5everin #19 Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:42 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 78875 battles
  • 1,620
  • [TEC] TEC
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011

You dip them in soapy water and as the tank drives along it leaves a trail of bubbles...well ok maybe not.

 

 

Always assumed they were some form of optical sight as they seem to be aligned with observation ports.


Edited by 5everin, 18 February 2015 - 01:52 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users