When AW comes, will WOT die out?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

BigBadBub #1 Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5223 battles
Tbh I highly doubt it. A lot of players who played wot a LOT and are tired of it will make the switch but a lot will stay. Hmm. Thoughts? 

SilentstalkerFTR #2 Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51 battles

No, of course not. There will never be a "WoT killer" game until WoT gets shut down - just like there will never be a MMO, that will "kill" World of Warcraft.

But it will most likely be more successful than War Thunder Ground Forces and it will bite a chunk from WoT playerbase. My guess is that it will serve as a faster alternative, since it lacks the silly slow vehicles like Maus.

Hyssee #3 Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:35 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31484 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP
WoT can't be killed by any other tank game, because it is the pioneer of the genre. It is the founding base, and no other game has managed to rival its popularity. However WoT is a game, it will do its course, then slowly die out when the amount of content starts to drop. Whilst AW is pretty hyped, it is basically a re-skin of WoT, so there is nothing new that would make it better than WoT, thus stealing the playerbase. Sure, the playerbase will drop by a few percent, but most players that hop over to AW will most likely come back to WoT. Just my two cents on the subject.

gpalsson #4 Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:36 PM

General

• Player
  • 22134 battles

View PostBigBadBub, on 14 February 2015 - 10:26 PM, said:

Tbh I highly doubt it. A lot of players who played wot a LOT and are tired of it will make the switch but a lot will stay. Hmm. Thoughts? 

Noone knows. it depends on many things, but most likely people who have invested a lot of time and money in wot will stay, and will only leave if WG facks majorly up.

If WG fixeds corridorfication and arty, I see no reason to leave WoT.

SilentstalkerFTR #5 Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51 battles

View Postgpalsson, on 14 February 2015 - 11:36 PM, said:

Well, the question to ask here is: CAN WoT actually fix these two "issues"? I am using parenthesis because these are not percieved as issues by a large part of players (if not majority). You are saying that "corridorification" is a problem, but only yesterday, another player was complaining that he misses the old clear (aka corridor) maps, simply because maps like Stalingrad are too hard to figure out. I am sure he's not the only one thinking that.

Siimcy #6 Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21705 battles
Remember when WT: GF was about to be released? "WT: GF will rek WoT everybody will leave!!" same will happen with AW, however I think AW will indeed be more popular than WoT but it still won't lead to players leaving because they invested time probs even money into the game.

Don_Fractal #7 Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5919 battles
WoT will live for ever!

Hullo_Kitty__ #8 Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 16211 battles

A game never kills another game. But every game dies at some point, and so will WoT, but that point is in far future.

AW is some serious competition for WG though and I'm confident it will have a positive effect. WG has a solid base with WoT, but they must not rest on their laurels. I have a sneaky feeling that with the lauch of AW we will suddenly get PvE mode, the only thing that can maybe reignite my motivation.

Edited by Hullo_Kitty__, 15 February 2015 - 12:02 AM.

Sporran_EAFGF #9 Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:02 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 41987 battles

For every player who leaves wot, another will join, continuing the revenue stream for WG. So in short, no, AW will not kill wot.

View PostSilentstalkerFTR, on 14 February 2015 - 10:53 PM, said:

but only yesterday, another player was complaining that he misses the old clear (aka corridor) maps, simply because maps like Stalingrad are too hard to figure out.

and only yesterday another player was complaining about unfair plane, cammo hack, no-pen hack and reportet. As such, is that a great argument ?

MojVeseljko #10 Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:05 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 654 battles

View PostBigBadBub, on 14 February 2015 - 10:26 PM, said:

LOL what a question :-)

I have one for you in which you will find your answer, did WoW died? 

SilentstalkerFTR #11 Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51 battles

View PostSporran_EAFGF, on 15 February 2015 - 12:02 AM, said:

and only yesterday another player was complaining about unfair plane, cammo hack, no-pen hack and reportet. As such, is that a great argument ?

There's a difference. Whether hacks exist or not is a fact. Whether maps are too corridory or not is an opinion and each player's taste - me for example, I really dislike Stalingrad, I prefer simple maps.

cu_chulainn_ #12 Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40482 battles
Competition is good. Aw will have to offer something better than wot currently does and if they do wot will have to respond. Players win. So hopefully aw does offer big competition it might force wot to jazz up the shop a bit 

Sporran_EAFGF #13 Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:36 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 41987 battles

Good job on expressing your own opinion as to the maps though SS, that can be discussed with you, whereas you quoting "another player" cant really be questioned.

Simple maps are no doubt the preference for some, heavy tanks slugging it out again and again on the same corner ( chose one, most maps have 3 ). It caters to the heavy player.

For LT's, Mediums and TD's, i personally find its more "fun" to explore other ways of playing. I am looking forward to the upcoming D-Day map where it looks initially like WG have made efforts to cater for differing play-styles on the one map, but no doubt, some will find it too "complex" and campaign for it be turned into 3 chokepoints.

Lol_N00b #14 Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:01 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 8561 battles
  • [BL33T] BL33T

View Postri_na_rithe, on 15 February 2015 - 01:34 AM, said:

Competition is good. Aw will have to offer something better than wot currently does and if they do wot will have to respond. 

I'm just wondering whether that response is something that actually benefits players, WG is known to sugarcoat things rather than make true improvements.

REDdemidry #15 Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50 battles

WoT will die out on it's own, doesn't need killer competitors.

http://www.alexa.com...orldoftanks.eu#

The cause of WoT death is WoT it's self. It's bad.

Woody1999 #16 Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:14 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 13583 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHullo_Kitty__, on 14 February 2015 - 11:02 PM, said:

A game never kills another game. But every game dies at some point, and so will WoT, but that point is in far future.

AW is some serious competition for WG though and I'm confident it will have a positive effect. WG has a solid base with WoT, but they must not rest on their laurels. I have a sneaky feeling that with the lauch of AW we will suddenly get PvE mode, the only thing that can maybe reignite my motivation.

Siggi? Y u heff to change name?

AW will not kill WoT. Some people will leave. Others will join. Some might leave AW and join WoT. Nobody knows. Only thing we can say for certain is that WoT is by now too big to die out, like WoW.

Woody

Chamil1976 #17 Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:46 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 37923 battles
  • [VRANE] VRANE

If WG continues to nerf everything, and pump up the RNG to solve the problems that they have... they will commit suicide, no need for other games.

it's all up to them really, they have a good player base...what is their solutions, and how they see the future, we will see...

I'm afraid that they aint on a good path.

Technocrat_Prime #18 Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:55 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 30777 battles
  • [-TCC-] -TCC-

View Postgpalsson, on 14 February 2015 - 11:36 PM, said:

Neither is a problem, but rather a decisive feature of the game mechanics. As you were not able to grasp this with all your matches, I suggest you leave WoT for AW or WT or somesuch, as WG sure will not change this.

Technocrat_Prime #19 Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:02 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 30777 battles
  • [-TCC-] -TCC-
BTW, is AW server calculated like WoT is? If not, it does not stand the chance of a snowball in hell against WoT.

mtm78 #20 Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:03 AM

Colonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 26429 battles
  • [-HOG-] -HOG-

You know I am not having as much fun playing as when I started, then I didn't care about anything if I was able to damage an enemy tonk or god forbid, blow one up ( kill secure one :bush:). Now I am still scrub but it's like the better you understand the game the less I like the idea of it, and because I don't like some aspects and am aware of them, each time I run into one it's much more frustrating. Like a string of failing teams ( happen ofc way more often then it being my own fault :hiding: ;), or when you're sure it's RNGezus deciding it's not your game when you have just bounced your 7th shot in an Obj704, two of them on an french heavy.

But, I also have a LOT of fun still while playing if my mindset is right and the planets are alligned good enough. I also got a lot of time invested in WoT ( imo, it's quite some time ) and I don't see me going to AW and doing the same there as here with WoT. I will surely play it to see what it is and who knows it might grab me more then I expect, but WoT has enough positives to probably keep luring me back to it for as long as it will exist.

I do hope that there will be a game, doesn't matter if it would be WT:GF in future patches getting better and better or AW or what ever, which will compete with WoT so that WG is forced to keep WoT not just a milking project but also in reala active development....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users