• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

myndzha #41 Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:25 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11903 battles
  • [22ACU] 22ACU

View PostAdwaenyth, on 15 February 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

How is the game less fun? I can't notice any difference in that department.

kv2 accuracy nerf hit fairly hard, tons and tons of misses on 90% aimed shots. there's a fair bit of stray shots on all tanks as well and it just does not feel fun to miss, sometimes in some ridiculous way. it didn't improve anything. :(

Adwaenyth #42 Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:32 AM

Major

• Player
  • 19549 battles
  • [F_D] F_D
Oh I love it on the Leopard 1. Recieves a lot less snap shot hits now. So it did what it should. Inaccurate guns are more inaccurate again while you barely notice it on the most accurate guns.

Slyspy #43 Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:32 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14511 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I remember when Mechwarrior killed WoT. And Diablo 3.

mtm78 #44 Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:35 AM

Colonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 26509 battles
  • [-HOG-] -HOG-

View PostSlyspy, on 15 February 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

I got a founders package for Mechwarrior Online, think the last time I played was months ago ( though my 7y old son likes to shoot robots! ). And I ffin love the franchise, it's just not.. tonks ( and I didn't/don't have any/much affinity with tonks/military even ).

Noricasy #45 Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2615 battles

You can't kill a product with the same product.

You'll need to innovate big time and be in lucky position to dethrone a market leader.

For example Dota2 couldn't hurt League of legends because they are very close and LoL was there first.

While Dota2 is the deeper and more modern game when it comes to monetization it's still a distant second to League.

Also I would like to mention that for many players the low requirements of World of Tanks is a positive thing.

A fancy shiny engine ™ basically knocks out many potential players.

myndzha #46 Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:21 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11903 battles
  • [22ACU] 22ACU

View PostAdwaenyth, on 15 February 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

Oh I love it on the Leopard 1. Recieves a lot less snap shot hits now. So it did what it should. Inaccurate guns are more inaccurate again while you barely notice it on the most accurate guns.

thats not good, though, is it? i mean not good for the game itself. it creates a gap where all the fast and punchy tanks are just monsters while big ones struggle to do anything as well. no? snap shots still exist but they're just more rng :(

TO_FR #47 Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16290 battles

The game will be reborn as every single whiner will go play AW and leave WoT for ever, and we'd be left with only those who actually like playing the game.

AND WG will be forced to improve WOT (graphically to begin with...) which will make the game even more enjoyable. AW is the best thing that could happen to WOT

Edited by TO_FR, 15 February 2015 - 04:00 PM.

gpalsson #48 Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:57 PM

General

• Player
  • 24508 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostTO_FR, on 15 February 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

AND WG will be forced to improve WOT (graphically to begin with...) which will make the game even more enjoyable. AW is the best thing that could happen to WOT

Well yeah maybe. They have been talking about havok for a looong time now, but it has always stayed that way. As talk.

And that's just physics, it's much more complicated to get a new engine.

They can't just jump to another engine because it would take 2-3 years to port the game, and as long as they can't even implement havok I have very little faith in WoT getting much better graphic wise. It's doesn't matter for me though, I don't play WoT for the graphics.

I do however wish they would make physics a bit less gimmicky, but it will probably stay like it is until WoT dies.

Darth_Woras #49 Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:44 PM

Major

• Player
  • 62 battles
  • [HOI] HOI

View PostSlyspy, on 15 February 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

Those arent tank games, ffs, stop taking that weed.

mtm78 #50 Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:24 PM

Colonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 26509 battles
  • [-HOG-] -HOG-

View PostDarth_Woras, on 15 February 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

Those arent tank games, ffs, stop taking that weed.

Weed is not for consumption you're supposed to weed it out off your garden so it doesn't overgrows your 'usefull' plants :coin:

XK63 #51 Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:08 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11888 battles
  • [RIP_G] RIP_G

AW is already overhyped as the salvation for all the poor WoT players. So on EU severs, there will be only few people who stop to play only AW. A lot will play both. And on RU noone will play that filthy capitalist game. So the biggest player base will not change. But EU is becoming the playerbase that pays most. Or it already is, i am not sure. So AW is really good for all WoT players, because WG will hava to do sth, like with WT.

WT was and is not a real alternative for WoT. Its rather crapreally. But when it came out WG rushed the historical battles.... So whatever AW does good, WoT will adapt it...

Heinz234 #52 Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:42 PM

Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 12176 battles
  • [-TWC-] -TWC-

I have been playing AW a bit and all i can say is that unless you hate modern tanks or are totally attached to your wot account (time, money?) you'd have to be mad not to switch to AW when it goes live.

It does everything wot does, but better and it offers more.

Some RPG influences for commanders and crew and PVE content!

XK63 #53 Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:42 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11888 battles
  • [RIP_G] RIP_G
I still dont understand why everyone thinks you could only play one of them... Why would i have to "switch" to AW? I will just play both.

Hezrim #54 Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2020 battles

there's 1 thing this game and Russia have in common when WOT dies no one will shed a tear when Russia dies no one will shed a tear ZING to early? nah never as long as Russian [edited]keeps happening its always ok to make fun of Russia.

but on a srs note we can only hope that it will indeed kill this game or at-least force them to downsize to the point its just a pitiful shadow of its former self like it rightfully deserve simply put AW made by competent devs WOT not so much.

its time for something new and more competently made pretty much but ya we should be hoping WOT dies why? cuz if they shut it down that allows someone else to come around make something very similar and do it competently and not throw around "historical" accuracy only when it benefits them.

want to prove me wrong then here is a quote from the internet devs of WOT "GET BETTER"

plus from what iv bin hearing WOT is pretty scared of AW atm.

Edited by Hezrim, 07 April 2015 - 09:37 AM.

tumppi776 #55 Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:52 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 46558 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD

And about playing WoT and AW at the same time?

think how many hours spent grinding with WoT - only truly hardcore players would grind 2 similar games at the same time.

I like WoT - but I dispise the ineptitude of the development/marketing: the MatchMaker, the Missions (Personal/Individual with F#ckng platoon requirement and sh#t), the Marketing BS ("offers" and sh#t with EU always falling short), the "Artillery"

TO_FR #56 Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16290 battles

View PostHezrim, on 07 April 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

there's 1 thing this game and Russia have in common when WOT dies no one will shed a tear when Russia dies no one will shed a tear ZING to early? nah never as long as Russian [edited]keeps happening its always ok to make fun of Russia.

but on a srs note we can only hope that it will indeed kill this game or at-least force them to downsize to the point its just a pitiful shadow of its former self like it rightfully deserve simply put AW made by competent devs WOT not so much.

its time for something new and more competently made pretty much but ya we should be hoping WOT dies why? cuz if they shut it down that allows someone else to come around make something very similar and do it competently and not throw around "historical" accuracy only when it benefits them.

want to prove me wrong then here is a quote from the internet devs of WOT "GET BETTER"

plus from what iv bin hearing WOT is pretty scared of AW atm.

Says the guy with 2k battles who has nothing to lose if wot dies out...

_Scipio_ #57 Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:56 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26582 battles

I have spend a fortune of my time playing WOT as well as money back when there wasn't an alternative - if either WT or AW were alive back when I started playing WOT, I don't think I would have spend the time playing WOT as I did.

I have played AW since EA1, and since AW started early testing, I only played 3-4 games in WOT. WOT in my opinion is boring, and infested with bots and AFK'ers, so no more WOT for me. when there was a break between EA3 and EA4 a couple of weeks ago, did I play WOT?, ohh no. I did other things, I simply didn't bother wasting more time with WOT. And Yes, despite having several premium vehicles either bought or won in WOT, and close to 20 tier X vehicles, I don't care, their faith now is to rust in the garage.

I have more than 50 vehicles just standing and rusting now....in AW on the other hand, the tanks are rolled out on a daily basis. Sure I'll put money in AW, they deserve it. and please community, stay with WOT and let them rip you off, nerfing the good tanks etc. just as they have done for a a long time now

TO_FR #58 Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16290 battles

View PostDocHurt, on 26 August 2015 - 05:58 PM, said:

competition between two are always good

only for the one who wins though

Bird_Dog #59 Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7818 battles

Unless WG screws up big, WoT will not suffer a lot from AW, for the same reason no MMORPG so far could "kill" WoW.

Once players have invested the amount of time (and money) they tend to invest in such games, they stick to it even if a "better" one comes out, pretty much for the same reason bad military commanders tend to attack the same position again and again without ever taking it:

They do not want theyr previous investmend to suddently become "for nothing".

VonniVidiVici #60 Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38313 battles

View PostTO_FR, on 26 August 2015 - 07:07 PM, said:

only for the one who wins though

Anyone playing any of the games in question wins. The more popular AW (or any other online tank game) becomes, the bigger the chance that WG stops screwing things up and actually starts fixing some of the things people have been complaining about for years. In theory, at least.

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users