T37, M41, T49 - Which ones are keepers?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Jetser #1 Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15354 battles
  • [NOFUN] NOFUN

I just unlocked my M41, but I haven't bought it yet. 

I love light tanks and I love the T37, but I have only one crew (at the moment).

Which ones are the keepers? 

MetalManiac69 #2 Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23274 battles
T37 is by far the best out of those 3, simply because it shoots on the move so well. bulldog can't hit crap while moving, and T49 can't hit anything at all...

Obsessive_Compulsive #3 Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:10 PM

General

• Player
  • 23989 battles
all 3 are keepers

ustroj_destroj #4 Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13768 battles
t37 is just ok. t49 drives me mad with its aimiiiiiiiiiiiing. m41 is really good choice to have.

PoIestar #5 Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31401 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMetalManiac69, on 16 February 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

T37 is by far the best out of those 3, simply because it shoots on the move so well. bulldog can't hit crap while moving, and T49 can't hit anything at all...

Wait. What?

Sorry I have read it three times and still conclude you said Bulldog can't hit things on the move. That's some strong stuff mate.

It's one of the ideal ones to shoot on the move. APCR with great flying speed, sort of accurate but fast aiming anyway. I'm terribly sorry but I can't agree with that claim in a single way.

Bulldog is indeed a keeper. 400+ games already, and still loving it every round.

T37? Never played it, seems to be a mini-Bulldog/semi-pre-9.3 Chaffee with more HP. IDK, it seems fun.

T49 is a no no for me. Yes, it's derp, but it's a horrid stock grind and that gun does nothing more than miss anything that isn't HEAT on a surface it will not pen anyway. Expensive as hell as well.

Bulldog is definatly my new favorite LT, T49 is derpy, T37 IDK but it seems fun.

MetalManiac69 #6 Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23274 battles
have you been playing the same tank? bulldog can't hit ANYTHING when going over 20 km/h, it has huge dispersion values for moving...

zigasi86 #7 Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:49 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20854 battles
i love my T49 to be honest..i have all three in my garage but i mostly play T49. its hard to play but when playing it wright its deadly.

NiemandXL #8 Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:29 AM

Major

• Player
  • 37955 battles

View PostMetalManiac69, on 16 February 2015 - 06:05 PM, said:

and T49 can't hit anything at all...

:teethhappy:

PoIestar #9 Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:15 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31401 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMetalManiac69, on 17 February 2015 - 11:39 PM, said:

have you been playing the same tank? bulldog can't hit ANYTHING when going over 20 km/h, it has huge dispersion values for moving...

I have been playing an M41 Bulldog like you. And mine hits a lot on the move. Can't see that thing not being very good on the move. 

DiMtopia #10 Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14438 battles
  • [1ADRM] 1ADRM

all 3 can be keepers if you have enough crews, however if i had to make a top it would look like this:

1. t37. fast, agile with a great gun. get in a tier 7 battle and you can carry your team... in a light. that for me is just wow. flank pop behind the enemy heavies that are distracted fighting your own heavies, put a few shots in their asses before they even realise you're there, then relocate. hunt arty like a boss and never ever stop moving.

2. m41. just like the t37 but getting higher tier battles. it can be just as fun but you'll get more experienced enemies. if you're an average joe you'll have more fun in the t37

3. t49. derp your way to heaven or hell. if the gun behaves you'll have loads of fun. i mean it's a freaking kv-2 that goes lightning fast. the down side is most of the time the gun will troll you so that kinda sucks.

out of all 3 i've kept just the t37 and i currently own t49 but when i unlock tier 9 i'll sell it.

lordvader95 #11 Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13448 battles
i always use auto aim on my bulldog and it hits very often while firing on the move

IronSpear #12 Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25134 battles

Guys since you are discussing the T49 here is there anyone that played it with the other top gun and not with the derp? 

Is it viable? Is it like the RU 251 ? 

MetalManiac69 #13 Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23274 battles
it is playable, but it has slower ROF and worse gun handling than the RU251. since standard ammo is HE, you can't really pump damage like RU can, but you can be a very, very effective assistant. de-tracking tanks with HE is a piece of cake, and it helps your team more than you can imagine. of course, you can also wreck other LTs and paper tanks like Leopards, STB, Type 61, american heavies or TDs and so on...

tumppi776 #14 Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:57 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 40977 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

M41 and T49 for me.

I couldn't get over the sluggishness of the T37. The huge size + average mobility for scout -> not work for me.

M41 still after nerf AWESOME as ever. T49 - love and hate really - still a keeper :-)

Edited by tumppi776, 20 February 2015 - 09:57 AM.

dennez #15 Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:01 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16750 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

T49 is a keeper, for teh lulz and the rage

.. Bulldog was great, but got boring pretty fast.

dapprman #16 Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:29 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 15443 battles
  • [YARRR] YARRR

About 6-7k away from the big gun on the T49.

Kept my T37 as we do lower tier strong holds where it rocks, also been a better option for some of the LT missions (when I can be arsed).

M41 Walker Bulldog is also great - had a smashing time with it but needed to move the crew on and also did not have a spare slot.  It's like a more powerful T37.

T49 is great for me - had no problem with the stock gun.  It's slower and accelerates slower than the other two, plus it's less mobile and you can't drift turn, but as long as you're aware of that it's no real issue.  Looking forwards to 152mm fun, though I need to work out if I should just use HE or take the stock anti-tank as well (I'm anti-premium amo so won't be using it).  Oh it does appear to be smaller than the other two, which might help camo.

Edited by dapprman, 21 February 2015 - 07:30 PM.

dennez #17 Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:01 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16750 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postdapprman, on 21 February 2015 - 07:29 PM, said:

T49 is great for me - had no problem with the stock gun.  It's slower and accelerates slower than the other two, plus it's less mobile and you can't drift turn, but as long as you're aware of that it's no real issue.  Looking forwards to 152mm fun, though I need to work out if I should just use HE or take the stock anti-tank as well (I'm anti-premium amo so won't be using it).  Oh it does appear to be smaller than the other two, which might help camo.

The camo actually seems to be a lot worse than it's predecessors and i have a full camo crew on it.

I never bother with the AP ammo, cant permit any bounces with this tank because of the long reload.

If i go 1 vs 1 againt anything (either low health or light enemy) i have to be pretty sure i can either oneshot or cripple the opponent.

lord_chipmonk #18 Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32597 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
I might just mix this discussion up a bit. I haven't played the M41 or T49, but I really like the T21 (I know, different line) and prefer it to the T37. Might be worth trying out, especially after the supposed buff of 9.6. 

3Form #19 Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 17618 battles

View Postdapprman, on 21 February 2015 - 06:29 PM, said:

About 6-7k away from the big gun on the T49.

Kept my T37 as we do lower tier strong holds where it rocks, also been a better option for some of the LT missions (when I can be arsed).

M41 Walker Bulldog is also great - had a smashing time with it but needed to move the crew on and also did not have a spare slot.  It's like a more powerful T37.

You should take HEAT. There are quite a few tanks that you can pen frontally with it where HE won't pen (the LEO is actually an example here. Also the WZ-132 can be tricky to pen frontally with HE). Then some tanks you won't pen anywhere with HE (like E50M and E75), yet with HEAT you can pen their arses and sides.

It's all about pre-planning which targets you are going to hit, where you are going to hit them, how much health they have left... then selecting the appropriate ammo.

• Going to get the side of a T110E5? There's a slim bit of the hull you can pen with HE, but it might be more effective to load HEAT and aim for the turret (watch his tracks though!). However if you're going to come up on his rear then you can wreck him with HE.
  • Coming up behind an IS-7 or IS-4? You'll need HEAT to penetrate his rear. But stop and think, if he's on low health already then it'll be safer to just finish him off with HE.
  • Side of a T-54 / T-62 ? If you aim for the hull above the tracks you can penetrate with HE. This can save you in a clinch if a typical T-54 driver swaggers round a corner to bum-rush you.
  • Heavily armoured E100 / E75 frontally? Load HE and shoot the turret front. This will splash down onto the thin hull-roof armour. If you get it right you can get your 400 damage hits on E100s.
  • Sides of a Jagdtiger - perfect target for HEAT.

If you haven't already I'd get Tank Inspector and play around with it. Look at armour values and learn what you can and can't pen with both types of ammo. Get into a habit of asking yourself how thick your enemy's side/rear armour is before you engage them. As always, be careful if you try and use HEAT at long range, it has to be perfectly placed. Always bear in mind that HEAT does 700 and HE does 910 on penetration or 455 realistic max on non-penetration. Ask yourself how much damage you need to do to the target. You don't want them finishing you off.

Finally, when placing HE shells that you know you won't penetrate with, think where your enemy's armour is thinnest. Hit it if you can, make sure you splash it if you can't. It's sort of counter intuitive, but often it's better to shoot at the front of turrets so as to splash the decks, rather than lob shells ineffectively at 150mm front plates. Use Tank Inspector to find these parts. And always always hold off on your shot if the enemy is in the process of presenting you a better bit of armour to shoot at (i.e. he's traversing and exposing his sweet sweet sides).

"M103... how thick is your side armour?" is the sort of question you need to be asking while playing! :)

dennez #20 Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16750 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post3Form, on 25 February 2015 - 12:56 PM, said:

You should take HEAT. There are quite a few tanks that you can pen frontally with it where HE won't pen (the LEO is actually an example here. Also the WZ-132 can be tricky to pen frontally with HE). Then some tanks you won't pen anywhere with HE (like E50M and E75), yet with HEAT you can pen their arses and sides.

It's all about pre-planning which targets you are going to hit, where you are going to hit them, how much health they have left... then selecting the appropriate ammo.

• Going to get the side of a T110E5? There's a slim bit of the hull you can pen with HE, but it might be more effective to load HEAT and aim for the turret (watch his tracks though!). However if you're going to come up on his rear then you can wreck him with HE.
  • Coming up behind an IS-7 or IS-4? You'll need HEAT to penetrate his rear. But stop and think, if he's on low health already then it'll be safer to just finish him off with HE.
  • Side of a T-54 / T-62 ? If you aim for the hull above the tracks you can penetrate with HE. This can save you in a clinch if a typical T-54 driver swaggers round a corner to bum-rush you.
  • Heavily armoured E100 / E75 frontally? Load HE and shoot the turret front. This will splash down onto the thin hull-roof armour. If you get it right you can get your 400 damage hits on E100s.
  • Sides of a Jagdtiger - perfect target for HEAT.

If you haven't already I'd get Tank Inspector and play around with it. Look at armour values and learn what you can and can't pen with both types of ammo. Get into a habit of asking yourself how thick your enemy's side/rear armour is before you engage them. As always, be careful if you try and use HEAT at long range, it has to be perfectly placed. Always bear in mind that HEAT does 700 and HE does 910 on penetration or 455 realistic max on non-penetration. Ask yourself how much damage you need to do to the target. You don't want them finishing you off.

Finally, when placing HE shells that you know you won't penetrate with, think where your enemy's armour is thinnest. Hit it if you can, make sure you splash it if you can't. It's sort of counter intuitive, but often it's better to shoot at the front of turrets so as to splash the decks, rather than lob shells ineffectively at 150mm front plates. Use Tank Inspector to find these parts. And always always hold off on your shot if the enemy is in the process of presenting you a better bit of armour to shoot at (i.e. he's traversing and exposing his sweet sweet sides).

This is all true, but with 18 sec reload there isnt much time to change ammo for anticipated targets imo. So you should basically just shoot HE and always do 200-900-ish damage.

What i do try is loading my first shell with HEAT and rush off to an ambush position at the start of the game. I can be fairly confident the first tank i run into will be a light or any other fast tank (batchat/leo), which i can usually always pen with HEAT. Then after the first shot i gtfo and switch back to HE for targets of oppurtunity.

Edited by dennez, 25 February 2015 - 01:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users