T25/2 just like marmite

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Wateyuk #1 Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12541 battles

I love this bloody tank destroyer,

I admit the gun is a little underpowered and the reload is a little too long for a weak gun.... But overall I think its a well rounded TD and ive had a few high damage matches which were about 2000-3500 damage with a few kill... 

That was just defending the rear of the team while they all ran 1 way..

Lil_Nas_X #2 Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:32 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33505 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Other than the turret armor I can see no reason to love this over the Hellcat.

Wateyuk #3 Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12541 battles
Simply because a hellcat is a priority to destroy since eveyone know what 1 can do, while alot of enemies simply ignore the T25/2... Gradually damage people while being unseen from very far away

lafeel #4 Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4964 battles
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE

View PostWateyuk, on 17 February 2015 - 08:34 PM, said:

Simply because a hellcat is a priority to destroy since eveyone know what 1 can do, while alot of enemies simply ignore the T25/2... Gradually damage people while being unseen from very far away

Something that you see while driving the Jackson at times as well.

armholeeio #5 Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18003 battles
Hellcat fire a warm fart at it and penetration is granteed, the mantlet on the 25/2 is quite bouncy and dam fine depression means it can work this hills. And more importantly you can't suddenly charge into the middle of a suicide bush miles away from the support of your team   In a vain attempt to spot everything like a large proportion of hellcat drives tend to do as you don't have the speed. It's a tank I have a MoE on and I'm a mediocre/average 51% player

TRXnMe #6 Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17455 battles
  • [KHOG] KHOG

I got rid of my Hellcat as I'd grown to dislike it after the last nerf, far too hard to move around and too easy to kill :(

As I'd had the T25/2 researched for a while and never tried it I thought I'd give it a go, put my Hellcat crew into it and away I went.

I'm in love :)

2 High Calibre so far and one Steel Wall, over 50% of my games are giving me a fire for effect badge as well.

Two of my crew are now high 90% on camo and I'm running it with a rammer, enhanced gun laying drive and binocular gun site, the binoculars are giving me extra XP for spotting damage which is nice.  After around 40 games I've only got the top gun to finish researching and it will be 'finished'.

It's fast enough to swap flanks if one side looks like folding, and once there in support can make a big difference with the average 250 damage per shot.  I'd like more penetration though please, and the extra 7mm on the top gun isn't going to be enough, I had an encounter with an E75 and the premium ammo I had to spam at that nearly bankrupt me :(

vapautustaistelija #7 Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:52 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18065 battles
I play it like medium tank and actually have much higher average damage in it than my other T7 mediums. Good tank.

SBKDisco #8 Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38423 battles

View PostWateyuk, on 17 February 2015 - 08:34 PM, said:

How do you manage to deal decent damage from far away? It has no pen, even using premium ammo it's not accurate enough to consistently hit an enemy tank, much less it's weak spots. It certainly needs to be out of the range of enemy tanks, because if it's spotted it is very quickly turned to mush.

View Postvapautustaistelija, on 12 March 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

I play it like medium tank and actually have much higher average damage in it than my other T7 mediums. Good tank.

I kind of agree, it is often put into battles where it needs to fight like a heavy or medium of it's own tier. Unfortunately it isn't agile enough to play like a true medium, nor does it have sufficient DPM. As for playing directly against heavies, the Russians will 2 shot it every time, whilst the long reload of it's awfully weak gun means your lucky to pen them 3 times for little more than 400 to 450 damage.

Compared to every other T7 TD it has the lowest DPM and albeit by a small margin the lowest standard pen of all the top guns available. It's alpha leaves a lot to be desired, I had to fight an SU 122 44 earlier, I managed to shoot him four times before he hit me once, two of my shots bounced hitting his mantlet, despite aiming at his lower glacis. His first shot took half my HP, by this time he was jammed up in front of me, I penned him for 230 then he fired and I had 30hp left. Needless to say, I fired and bounced then he fired for the third time and my T25/5 evaporated. He fires 7.5 X a minute, for 390 avg damage. The T25/2 fires at 7.69 X a minute for 240 avg damage.

It doesn't seem reasonable to put any T7 in a battle against T9's with such woeful accuracy and penetration, even aiming at weakspots doesn't guarantee a hit, thanks to the recent accuracy nerf.

Shepherqe #9 Posted 16 May 2015 - 09:10 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17816 battles

I enjoy playing T25/2, it fits my playstyle perfectly. Noticed this morning that I was close to getting 3 MoE's in it, so I did:

TrevorColby #10 Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20687 battles
  • [INC] INC
Thats why I sold this Piece of $hit 2 day ago and wont play it again. Ist a waste of time, Money and I nearly lost the Spirit in this game because of this Piece of crap. This is by far the worst tank in the game

ATLAN_DA_GONOZAL #11 Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18087 battles
  • [NL_D] NL_D

View PostTrevorColby, on 28 May 2015 - 02:33 PM, said:

Thats why I sold this Piece of $hit 2 day ago and wont play it again. Ist a waste of time, Money and I nearly lost the Spirit in this game because of this Piece of crap. This is by far the worst tank in the game

Wow. Ever played a Sau 40 or a pz 38na

TRXnMe #12 Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17455 battles
  • [KHOG] KHOG

I still like mine, and my win rate in it is well above my long term average.

No marks of excellence yet, I'm running around 63% of the average so a couple of really good games are all it needs to tip me over the edge :)

As long as you pick your position well you can snipe from long range, just make sure you're going to be seeing the sides of any heavy tanks, alternately just try and track them so your team mates / arty can do the damage, I actually get a few points in some games from spotted / assisted damage on top of the XP for dealing it directly.

From a TD point of view I prefer my Stug, and it shows in the win rate, plus I've got a masters and my first MoE in the Stug, but the T25/2 does come a close second and I'd not be without it in my garage.

Kiyora #13 Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24371 battles
People who tend to ride in front of the enemy and trade, peek or dpm things hate it. People who rely on super speed hate it but if you play it like most mediocre meds from t7-t8 then it's a decent tank

lafeel #14 Posted 20 June 2015 - 11:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4964 battles
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE

Actually my fourth game in it, but I can see why some people like it all right. And why some people don't. 

http://wotreplays.com/site/1967989#sand_river-lafeel-t25_2

Me? I actually like it.

pihip #15 Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16193 battles
After I finish playing around with the Japanese meds, I'm kinda tempted to rebuy this thing (have a 90something % 1st perk crew in my garage doing nothing).

No camp bush as I did in the past, if it's possible to work ridgelines like a hi-camo low-health medium tank then I think I'm gonna like it.

PowJay #16 Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:46 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 40398 battles

I liked this TD. I tend to do better in faster vehicles that allow me to be versatile and the T25/2 was a vehicle that I enjoyed playing. Unfortunately, it didn't like me.

After playing it initially, I had such a poor WR that I either mothballed it, or may even have sold it. Either way, I had an extended period of avoidance. I'd already sold the T25 AT, as it hated me even more (and I hated it back) I wanted to carry on the research on one of the US lines, and the T28 Prototype also leads to the T28, allowing me to work both lines if I wanted. The T25/2 had to come back.

So, I played it until it was Elite and finished it with a now positive WR. Nice. I had hoped to keep it, but true to form, it (or rather the teams I had) let me down again. Yesterday, it was last-chance. I played three games in it and was bottom tier in two and top tier in one. As top tier I did over 1600 damage- the only player to get over 1K damage- and had three kills. But it wasn't enough, thanks to the awesome team. As bottom tier on Highway, I didn't play a great game, but was the last but one to die with a kill and a little damage, so I wasn't totally useless. (in the other game, I was!!)

Three losses brought it back down to 50% and it has finally gone for good. It clearly isn't just me who can't handle these two US tier VII TDs. Noobmeter lists them as two of the poorest tier VII TDs, only beating the St Emil on WR. It is a shame, as I genuinely wanted to keep this vehicle, but I have and have had enough lousy vehicles that simply can't carry, to want to keep yet another- even if I like it.

Edited by PowJay, 16 September 2015 - 11:02 AM.

5everin #17 Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:03 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 79257 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

I Like the T25/2 it has its faults but is a capable tank if used right, Just bought the t28 prot' and decided to keep the t25/2, and so glad I did. So far the Prot' (tho' still stock) is just awful. Hopefully it will get better.

As others mentioned It plays pretty well as a med, or at least rolling with them then providing support. Its also a good ridge/hulldown fighter. The pen lets it down a bit making some targets a real pain though it seems more reliable than the HTC gun with its 181 pen. .4 acc probably does not help the HTC.

What it lacks in pen and armour (mantlet excluded) it makes up with agility and speed (compared to most TD's) it also has a turret so no breaking camo to track targets crossing your path and no lights glued to your sides/rear. The aim time is also nice.

@PowJay. I have similar experiences with my Walker Bulldog, fine tank, fun to play, incapable of getting a winning team.

Edited by 5everin, 02 December 2015 - 06:10 AM.

konjamiini #18 Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29239 battles

It's basically faster, less agile and higher dpm pershing one tier below with heavily nerfed turret rotation and hitpoints. Can't equip vstab and has more bloom than pershing but excellent aiming time compensates. Best T7 medium in my opinion. It's not a TD same way as FCM50t is not a heavy tank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users