AMX CDC - The paper ammo rack tank.

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

siramra #21 Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25076 battles
  • [DUXTR] DUXTR

If u have a better than tomatoe team and u are able to use its gun it`s a oki tank. But more often I have to "tank" in it cause those that is supposed to tank they hide. And this tank is a support like most French.

But the second u are spotted.....everyone that can shoot at u will target u.

Penned in the turret and your gunner dies. Penned in the hull your driver and ammorack is gone. Got splashed from a French arty yesterday.....1200hp gone.

But those games where u can use the gun and dpm......then its a good machine. But I got gifted the Panther 8.8.....and that one is better....and that says it all.

Eila_Juutilainen #22 Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:37 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21323 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

View PostPatroneKonsjele, on 04 March 2015 - 04:18 PM, said:

What I often see is CDC's that get blown away by arti (ammohits I guess) from 100% to 0%.

No, that's likely a simple case of HE penetrating. The CDC has no more than 30mm armour anywhere so HE is nearly guaranteed to penetrate everywhere that's not tracks or the mantlet, and on that tier you can expect SPGS to have /average/ damage values of 1250 to 2000. The UK and French arties only need a slightly above average roll to oneshot a CDC, and the rest can do so even on a low roll...

Dabaddaba #23 Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18696 battles

The ammo rack on this tank is very weak, possibly even weaker than the one of the leopard. The t44 in comparison has a much better ammo rack, when I played the t44 I actually never had many prolems due to the ammo. That said this tank is amazing. It is not a first line medium that can rush in and take out other tanks just relying on its armour. The key to the CDC is knowing the map and using its speed to get in position fast and then exploit the terrain with its gun depression. This playstyle of this tank is more similar to the one of the leopard than the one of an e50 or a t54.

Ankot: I wouldn't reccomend this tank, at least not yet. You still  have too little experience with medium tanks especially at high tiers to really have fun with this tank.

Koniu34: I'm sorry to say this but the reason you suck with the CDC is that you aren't very good with medium tanks as a whole.

_intoxicated_ #24 Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21478 battles
I always carried small+large repair kit and first aid kit on the leopard pta, I think I burnt to death only once or twice out of 100+ games compared to being ammoracked on the first hit received in any game.

brisha #25 Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17060 battles

Going to have to start taking 2 repair kits in this tank, ammo racked every game without fail, and if you repair tracks first then get ammo racked your screwed which has happened to me a few times now. The fire extinguisher will have to go, sods law says I will now burn a lot.

Tank itself is decent, not many top tier battles as I knew but gun is good. Off to a bad start though MM has been brutal with the win chances but I enjoy the tank so I suppose it's a silver lining to the MM problems.

Khitan #26 Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36526 battles

I like it. Use as a support td at the game and then use its mobility to exploit or firefight at game end. The fast reload is really welcome. 

I've played the Leopard a lot and it's a similar  play style - ie you don't  go brawling lol

PassTheSalt #27 Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17799 battles
  • [VBRJ] VBRJ

Yup, 2 Repair kits for me, also considering swapping the vents for wet ammo racks.

People were also questioning it's having a loader, which isn't a seat used in any of the french meds in game, safe stowage my friends (also I'm guessing the forthcoming new t9 and t10 meds will have loaders)

Got a steel wall in mine! 

MantrasOfWar #28 Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 63736 battles
  • [D57T] D57T

Hi all,

I wanna buy it. But in my bulldog killed a 3 platoon of cdc . Was really funny to kill all 3 of them. I pennetrated them with all my sheels.

So after that i'm so afraid to buy it.

I stick with FCM witch is a great tank.

Ankot #29 Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11607 battles
  • [-N-L-] -N-L-
So I bought this tank and after 3 games I got a Wet Ammo Rack. Since, I'm not ammo racked as much, but I still get ammo racked sometimes. Does anyone know how much Safe Stowage helps?

Maauru #30 Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21063 battles

View PostAnkot, on 15 March 2015 - 11:37 AM, said:

Does anyone know how much Safe Stowage helps?

In my experience it help quite a lot.

After I got Safe Stowage (didn't had french crew at all before) number of ammo rack damages reduced.

You still get ammo rack damage often but much less often than before Safe Stowage.

umbratica #31 Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 52287 battles

The ammo rack is really terrible. It is not that you would be blown up all the time, the problem is that if gets damaged all the time. It attrackts bullets like a Waffenträger just without anyone minding if you shoot back. Because of the way its modules and crew get wrecked scouts have a very decent chance against it. With all this problems I think it should move like a light tank (especially turn and turn gun) or have more Alpha. The DPM help rarely in a piece of paper after so many bushes have gone with the map make overs. And there are city maps. You might try to do support med but the problem is that everyone simply loves to put one into a big (yes, it is [edited]big for what it does) paper-tank in randoms. And a premium that would really like its crew to have ammor rack protection?? I want to train my BC crew in it and there is absolutely no issue with ammo rack there.

I know - good replays. The fact is that every decent game with this thing gets a 2000+ WN8 rating and the good ones over 5000 because most people, even those used to paper such as BC or Leopard struggle with it on all but the most ideal maps - and many there as well. It really only shines if you have one of the very open maps and a slow game allowing you to relocate to the best spots and DPM from out of spotting range. But wait, aren't you shooting the front off tanks under those circumstances most of the time? So no preferable mm leads to games even with these rare conditions to suck. At least it should have a really good gun with not good but outstanding accuracy so that you can do the scout sniper job on open maps.

_YoHan_Solo #32 Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 24576 battles

View Postiulica1337, on 12 March 2015 - 04:55 PM, said:

Hi all,

I wanna buy it. But in my bulldog killed a 3 platoon of cdc . Was really funny to kill all 3 of them. I pennetrated them with all my sheels.

So after that i'm so afraid to buy it.

I stick with FCM witch is a great tank.

imho it`s in all ways better as the FCM, but hey u r a skilled player so u should know how to play a tank like dat.

btw: the Ammo Rack is not even safe when having 100% Safe Stowage on ur Loader & the "Wet" Ammo Rack... its just a pain in di bum...

Edited by _YoHan_Solo, 19 March 2015 - 01:12 AM.

BabaYaga_O #33 Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:41 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14777 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

This tank is a gem. I`m playing it non-stop. Got 2 mastery badges in int, had monster games with 5k+ dmg, and bad games also when arty doesnt leave you be.

I use wet ammo rack, vents and gun rammer. I have safe stowage on my loader. I get ammoracked once in 10 games so to say.

In my opinion its the best tier VIII medium there is now, untill they will nerf the hell out of it.

Gun is ok, close to great, you can manage in tier X with not many issues.

The most important thing in this tank is the gun depression (you can realy smell the flowers with this one). It can climb like a mountain goat and when you combine that with the good dpm and the good camo you realy have a great tank.

Eila_Juutilainen #34 Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:55 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21323 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

View PostSgt_Maciuca, on 21 March 2015 - 09:41 AM, said:

the good camo you realy have a great tank.

Glad you like it, but... people consider the Centurion and Panther camo rating bad, and this is only a fraction better at 11%. CDC's camo is mediocre at most, there is nothing good here. It's near the bottom of the list of tier 8 mediums, see for yourself: http://www.wotinfo.n..._showPremium=on

It has a camo rating normally reserved for medium tanks with actual armour, go figure.

BabaYaga_O #35 Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:15 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14777 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

View PostEila_Juutilainen, on 21 March 2015 - 08:55 AM, said:

Glad you like it, but... people consider the Centurion and Panther camo rating bad, and this is only a fraction better at 11%. CDC's camo is mediocre at most, there is nothing good here. It's near the bottom of the list of tier 8 mediums, see for yourself: http://www.wotinfo.n..._showPremium=on

It has a camo rating normally reserved for medium tanks with actual armour, go figure.

Maybe its just me but i dont get spoted easily at all. I killed an e75 while camping bush from 300m without geting spoted. Or i just get lucky with not geting spoted. Maybe the camo crew helps a lot this tank with the camo. I dont know :bush:

Navarome #36 Posted 22 March 2015 - 10:49 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26773 battles
  • [GOP-A] GOP-A
lol, try the fcm50 t

umbratica #37 Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 52287 battles

It does all right but it is really to dependent on perfect stealth because it can hardly fight from out of view range (pen against T10 with hits mainly to the front won't work. It is lost in the city because with that size no one will miss a shot and everyone prioritizes it above everything other than such as a WT100 or the loading door on the back of an JPzE100. Just do not take it if you wanna have fun playing the game as a game. If you want the challenge go for it - pretty rewarding to pull it of and it gives money and WN8 if you get the basics done.

You need to be aware that everything except speed and gun depression just suck in this tank (DPM is meaningless for a paper tank in 90 plus a lot percent of battles). But pulling of a good game is a lot more rewarding if you know that you pulled it of and not your tank combined with the stupidity of the opp force (everyone can hit paper this size so you only have good game via flawless play).

2Tracks0Brain #38 Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1429 battles

I do agree with umbratica on most aspects, but for me it's a fun tank to play. I suppose it depends what you look for in the game.

I feel like it really helps develop my play. There can't be many tanks that teach you what does and doesn't work in wot as much as this, if you make a mistake you are just a huge ammo rack hitbox with no armour or camo to rely on.

On the plus side it's fast and has a nice gun, probably a good tank to teach you how to use high tier meds. The new AMX30b looks similar to the CDC in playstyle for example.

insanEEE_ #39 Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36630 battles
  • [TAKE] TAKE
I've bought it . After 86 games with it im on  my way to 3rd mark and tank is awesome ! Best premium tank by far !

MantrasOfWar #40 Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 63736 battles
  • [D57T] D57T

View PostNorikmet, on 23 March 2015 - 05:00 PM, said:

I've bought it . After 86 games with it im on  my way to 3rd mark and tank is awesome ! Best premium tank by far !

FCM is a bit better :) due to prefered MM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users