87 replies to this topic

Exoleech #41 Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1229 battles
  • [BALTO] BALTO
Ok so according to the official wiki...

Saving Throw

When a module or crew member is hit, they do not necessarily take damage from the hit. Instead, most modules have a specific chance not to take damage. This is also referred to as asaving throw. The base chances of damaging a specific module or crew member when hitting it are as follows:

[...]

• Ammunition Rack: 27%

Translation, when an ammo rack gets hit by a shell, it has a 27% of getting damaged/destroyed by said shell.

So WG, explain to me why empirically, over the span of 83 battles, EXACTLY 53% of shells that hit me cause ammo rack damage.
    Please explain how I have TWICE the chance of being ammo racked in this tank. And don't [edited]me with "bigger sample size", having a massive descrepancy after all those battles is sign of foul play.

Pony_Princess_Butterfly #42 Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:25 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19411 battles
  • [GSQT] GSQT
It's a good tank, just play it carefully.

Raffy5 #43 Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:33 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26711 battles

View Postmanesagra, on 26 February 2015 - 10:56 AM, said:

It is by far the worst tank I ever had. By far. It only has some straight line mobility and that's all. It can be penetrated from tier 6 stock gun, gun is way too random, 5 of 6 received shots cause damaged modules, bad vision, gets tracked all the time...etc etc....I didnt notice this thing has any camo value. I would love to have gift option in WOT so I could send this piece of nightmare, this troyan horse, as a b-day present to my worst enemy.

Don't watch promotional videos from players on YT, they receive tons of $$ from WoT for making them and try to make us buy it + they post probably their 500th attempt to make a decent game in it. I was too naive and made worst purchase in my life.

Some would say that it might be good in hands of an experienced player, but that's rubbish. This tank is top tier in about 10% of games, it's almost always in tier 10 game, I even  consider myself lucky when I get tier 9 game. Your only chance to do some damage with this tank is to wait 5 mins in your base, than sneak and try to flank someone, make 1 shot than run on other side of the map. Since it is always in tier 10 and 9 games, if you get involved, you die. Don't play it either as a scout or medium, since it has too bad vision and camo for scout and too unreliable gun and lack of armor for medium. If you want to make some damage, you need to play it like most of the regular pussies we always meet in random games.

I will maybe give this tank 1 more chance, and that most certainly wont be before they buff it a little bit. Otherwise it will sit in my garage forever, to serve as a reminder not to make any bad purchases again.

If you find a way I will take it off your hands, I've got the FCM 50T but need a crew trainer for my B-C 25T as well and probably the new french mediums that will come. So if WG agrees I will sacrifice myself and take it off your hands.

fisco77 #44 Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 73511 battles

View PostExoleech, on 28 March 2015 - 05:47 PM, said:

• Please explain how I have TWICE the chance of being ammo racked in this tank. And don't [edited]me with "bigger sample size", having a massive descrepancy after all those battles is sign of foul play.

maybe it has two (or more?) ammo racks and most shells that hit you go through both of them? just a thought...

Edited by fisco77, 31 March 2015 - 11:35 PM.

Eila_Juutilainen #45 Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:58 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21250 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

View PostExoleech, on 28 March 2015 - 05:47 PM, said:

Ok so according to the official wiki...

Saving Throw

When a module or crew member is hit, they do not necessarily take damage from the hit. Instead, most modules have a specific chance not to take damage. This is also referred to as asaving throw. The base chances of damaging a specific module or crew member when hitting it are as follows:

[...]

• Ammunition Rack: 27%

Translation, when an ammo rack gets hit by a shell, it has a 27% of getting damaged/destroyed by said shell.

So WG, explain to me why empirically, over the span of 83 battles, EXACTLY 53% of shells that hit me cause ammo rack damage.
    Please explain how I have TWICE the chance of being ammo racked in this tank. And don't [edited]me with "bigger sample size", having a massive descrepancy after all those battles is sign of foul play.

First of all, low sample size. I know you don't want to hear it, but it's true. At 83 battles each individual battle counts for more than 1% which is ludicrously inaccurate.

Secondly, do you have anything to back up your claim that 53% of shells damaged your ammorack?

View Postfisco77, on 31 March 2015 - 11:35 PM, said:

maybe it has two (or more?) ammo racks and most shells that hit you go through both of them? just a thought...

Entirely possible. There are tanks that, if shot at the right place with a really high caliber gun, can get ammoracked twice for bascally instant death.

PatroneKonsjele #46 Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 35475 battles

Every single battle (I play it very carefull now) the first hit allways takes of tracks (even from tiny guns) in combination with ammorack. In the heat of the battle I quickly repair the track and instantly i hear ammorack hit. Leaving me with a reloadtime which makes the tank obsolete. Just had a game where I got a near hit of T8 arti. It took out a track, my gun and my ammorack (and that was in the early stage of the battle). I think WG has to overlook the values, there must be something wrong. I am driving with wet ammorack but that does not seem to bring any difference. It is a pity because otherwise it is a fun tank to drive, only very often in battle pretty useless. Same goes for penetration, it does not feel like 212, it feels more like the gun on the t32 (198 pen). WG must at least check these things...

ExclamationMark #47 Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:49 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD
You're playing it badly. I don't have this problem at all, maybe 1 in 5 matches it'll get hit, then hit again... That's the price you pay for playing a T8 with 20mm of armour.

SupremeNoob #48 Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41465 battles

Only played 8 matches and ammoracked 8 times.  Will see how it goes over 100 matches or so.

In saying that im playing it as if it were a fragile light and that seems to be a working strategy so far.

Edited by SupremeNoob, 12 April 2015 - 12:31 AM.

comintogetu #49 Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30282 battles
  • [51HD] 51HD
Only got it today.  Only 3 games so far. It's a fun tank and only once has the ammo rack been hit. So that's 33%. Higher than average but manageable.  The credit return seems higher than other tier 8's. Overall a fun tank so far.  Will use it more in the next few days to get a better feel for it

AnotherDamnTree #50 Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:10 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1309 battles

I got ammoracked twice in first 2 minutes from distance over 300m.

Thats only reason why CDC is not my favourite.

____prophet____ #51 Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27977 battles

BTW; is it true that the "safe stowage" perk doesn't help reduce ammo rack damage, but only reduce the chance of ammo rack explosions?

(just bought the CDC today and thinking about crew skills)

Edited by alisuorittaja, 28 April 2015 - 01:26 PM.

Topchaz #52 Posted 03 May 2015 - 03:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 29788 battles
  • [WHY] WHY

Interesting tank.

Have played 85 games in it and I do like it overall. I drove the T44 many years ago when that had the weakest ammo rack in the game, and the leopard PTA when it was first released. Long story short - I have driven almost every tank in the game and this has (by far) the weakest ammo rack.

My first ever game, when full health.... A comet damaged my ammo rack twice with his first 2 shots!

2nd ever game - a bulldog damaged twice then destroyed my ammo rack in 4 shots. All with safe stowage on the loader!

Long story short, you have to run 2 x repair kits. I haven't burned in the 50 or so games I have run this setup. And although the ammo rack VERY frequently takes damage it rarely explodes.

I run about 1750 avg damage compared to about 1900 in Pershing and 416 which I am comfortable with. After all, prems shouldn't perform as well as fully upgraded regular tanks. More importantly it gives me what I want from a premium tank, lots of credits from its strong damage output abilities and it's shortcomings makes it a premium tank I actually enjoy playing. Any tank in the game can ruin you due to its low armour and weak modules, and arty will always pen for full damage. It makes you really work for your damage, and encourages high situational awareness.

It is many things - but never boring......

In that sense it is a superb play-style trainer for support tier 10 meds such as the batchat, Leopard and AMX 30B.

PatroneKonsjele #53 Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:40 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 35475 battles
Yesterday a new record, 3 ammorack hits in 1 game in this tank (since 9.6 there are definitely for ammorack hits). Since a couple of weeks I am taking a big and a small toolbox into battle. I used them both yesterday to repair everything. Finally I got hit again in my ammorack and it exploded blowing my turret into the air. So 27% is not true, it was 300% in 1 game for me. BTW I carry wet ammorack and have stowage perk on the crew. There is nothing more I can do besides not getting hit (which is not allways possible). WG need to look into this...

N0ctis_ #54 Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30932 battles
  • [322] 322
Try Leopard 1 

captainInsano #55 Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 64175 battles
  • [EFE-S] EFE-S

View PostWikingWolf, on 05 May 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

Try Leopard 1 

Leopard 1 is a much better tank overall. But same thing more or less applies, stay on distance. But...Leo handle close combat much better (although smart players avoid ending up there) than the CDC. Further more, i don't think Leo 1 get anywhere near the amount of ammorack hits as the CDC. Very, very often you get multiple ammorack hits in a row (tier 6-10), even tier 6 tanks gets ammorack hits on a frequent basis. Finally, Leo 1 is a much better support tank than CDC (more agile, much better gun on distance, not as fragile even though it is by all means somewhat weak when it comes to armour)

But as others has already said, the CDC demands a very skilled player. If you end up on maps where you can rely on safe positions and decent distance you can totally own battles, but how often are those conditions available? Most hits penetrate, so you lose HP rapidly. Then we have the obvious ammorack issue, which is a lot worse than losing just HP. Ie. If you try to take out ie. a lower tier tank in one-on-one, you will most likely also do that but also with a very high posibility of being ammoracked.

Personally i wish they would do something about the ammorack, a little bit more persistant ammorack and the tank wouldn't be so "cursed" (even if i have good stats in it).

____prophet____ #56 Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27977 battles

I'm still stuggling to do really well in the CDC, but at least the ammorack problem is easy to remedy by carrying two repair kits. I don't think I've caught fire once in my ~70 games so far.

The CDC is fun to play with all that mobility, gun depression, accuracy and penetration. It's also very team-dependent of course, because you cannot really duel in it very effectively; you have to play a support role - but

then that's nothing new to French tank players. I've had great games when I can do some early sniping, but also terrible ones when team melts and I'm left alone against multiple enemies. The thing is with the CDC, that

everybody knows you have NO armor, which means 1. They will always shoot you rather then other targets, and 2. They won't have to really aim at all because no matter where they hit you, they will pen.

Number 2 is an important one - when I started playing the CDC, I was wondering why I got hit so easily, and the reason is people can snap shot you all day because all they need is their reticle to approximately line up with your

tank and they'll do damage. So you have to be much more careful about shot timing than with the FCM 50t for example.

Edited by alisuorittaja, 05 June 2015 - 04:10 PM.

Shepherqe #57 Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17816 battles

Oh wow, I don't think I've regretted spending real money on anything before as I've done with this tank. This tank is just complete bollocks. It's good on it's own tier but when you get in T10 it's painful to play.

The thing that bothers me the most is the shell velocity, it's horrific. I've never had so much trouble leading targets, I can do way better job even in KV-2. And the tank doesn't actually feel mobile at all, sure it can go forwards pretty quickly but apart from that it's a big and "slow to retreat" if you know what I mean. 

Only role that fits the CDC is support and preferably unspotted all the time. How many maps are there left where you can pull off that role huh? Not many. So it's forced peek-a-boo with tanks that can do way better job at it. 

Edited by Shepherqe, 16 June 2015 - 08:06 PM.

solarstoned #58 Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19745 battles
  • [MGOD] MGOD

my ammo rack was getting hammered the past week in my cdc so i've added a wet ammo rack and now my loader got safe stowage and its alot better.

current equipment: rammer...vents...wet ammo rack...this tank is a medium to long range sniper so anyone playing it up close and personal at the start of each battle aint gonna last very long....play to its strengths and you will have alot of fun in this tank...get spotted early and every tank on the other team is gonna focus on you just like the lorraine.

tips: stay hidden....patience...shoot from max view range and go in and finish them all off at the end of the battle once your team has the advantage!

Block Quote

Shepherqe: "The thing that bothers me the most is the shell velocity, it's horrific. I've never had so much trouble leading targets, I can do way better job even in KV-2."

shell velocity is not that bad:

AP 1000 m/s
APCR 1250 m/s
HE 1000 m/s
compared to a t44:
AP 792 m/s
APCR 990 m/s
HE 792 m/s

here is a screenshot of my crew and equipment

Edited by solarstoned, 18 July 2015 - 03:58 PM.

TacPenguin #59 Posted 26 July 2015 - 04:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43684 battles

I got this thing today for the 3 day loan.

OMG

No just No !!!!

Its so soft im glad it does not rain in WOT as it would melt away.  :(

SO glad i did not buy it and never will    :)

TacP

GordonRamsay #60 Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13756 battles
  • [LMCZ] LMCZ

was thinking about buying..  I want try it..and we have a mission ;)

its good tank,  good gun,  mobility.. but yes that ammo is problem.  Sadly it was not problem few patches ago.  This tank is bugged now,  and we will wait till WG accept it and fix it. 

Until this tank is not usable.  I have 2k dmg avg in every game, so its good tank.. but yes, ammo rack frontally even from tier 4 is just crap. 

edit: IM SM so I decided to buy it. Good thing is,  that rented one is get replaced, so no need to unmount modules ;D 

Edited by GordonRamsay, 26 July 2015 - 06:34 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users