Jump to content


Video: The FV4005 and the FV215b (183)


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:32 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 26,321
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Learn all there is to know about the top British tank destroyers.

Full news text


lnfernaI #2 Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:41 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 29039 battles
  • 3,700
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

Direct fire arty. What else is this?

Im never grinding the paper Stage II.

Obj.268 with my 600% camo crew would be more than better.



Samulayo #3 Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:20 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 7700 battles
  • 150
  • Member since:
    01-16-2014

View PostCommunity, on 26 February 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

Learn all there is to know about the top British tank destroyers.
<a href="http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/videos/video-fv4005-fv215b183/">Full news text</a>

 

Hi Community!

Can you please inform me on Scheduled server maintenance on 26th Feb 2015 from 9 UTC time (approx. 90 min)?
Every time i try to login window pop-up saying "Update client" or "Restart later". I press Update client, launcher start running, then it says i am running latest version. Everything seems ok then but i can not connect.

Is that maintenance fault? Still working on it or mine?

5everin #4 Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:49 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 78875 battles
  • 1,622
  • [TEC] TEC
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011

Video summery:

 

Here are the British Tier X Td's: They are crap and rely on luck to be of any use.

HESH CAN do loads of damage...did we mention HESH CAN do lots of damage. (it won't though)

Once in a blue moon HESH may actually work and do more than 600 damage but then you are dead.

 

Here is how to kill them...

 

They are only any use at sitting round a corner  making the enemy scared to go round after them.

If they are holding a corner: here is how to kill them.


Edited by 5everin, 26 February 2015 - 02:57 PM.


Hardass #5 Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:01 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 33191 battles
  • 1,189
  • Member since:
    08-03-2010

View PostSuperior_Design, on 26 February 2015 - 11:41 AM, said:

Direct fire arty. What else is this?

Im never grinding the paper Stage II.

Obj.268 with my 600% camo crew would be more than better.

 

You mean the Object.268 you don't actually own yet?

Samulayo #6 Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:17 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 7700 battles
  • 150
  • Member since:
    01-16-2014

View Post5everin, on 26 February 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

Video summery:

 

Here are the British Tier X Td's: They are crap and rely on luck to be of any use.

HESH CAN do loads of damage...did we mention HESH CAN do lots of damage. (it won't though)

Once in a blue moon HESH may actually work and do more than 600 damage but then you are dead.

 

Here is how to kill them...

 

They are only any use at sitting round a corner  making the enemy scared to go round after them.

If they are holding a corner: here is how to kill them.

 

Use AP shells. If 310 mm pen is not enough for you - well, nothing is then.
Whole new TDs line is very skill-dependable.

I personally free-exp myself straight to Firefly (enjoyed it all the way)

Researched Challenger - machine that made me struggle the most due to its unique armour-mobility-gun combination. Finished it with 47% WR over 160 battles.
Charioteer - the beast in right hands. 390hp alpha, APCR as default ammo, 1478 m/s shell speed, 52 km/h. No armour? The more skill you gain in THIS game the less armour you need.

Conway - many hate it after Charioteer. No cammo, no gun depression, even less traverse speed, 35 km/h. But that GUN make you happy. 400hp every 6 seconds, are you kidding me?! Other question is - can you put yourself in position to make that dpm work (right position, right time, right shell type).

As for Tier X Stage II - i tried it on test server (around 40 battles), mostly using AP for regular tanks and HEAT  (non-hesh) for paper like WT E-100, borsigs, leopards, french, etc. Managed to get 3k average damage. As an experienced KV-2 driver who knows where and when to be to surprise ANY enemy it helps a lot.
To be pre-aimed in order to punch that 1000+ hp shot is crucial. That does not mean i will sit in bushes trying to snipe. I would rather be not far from area where heavies will clash, pop-up and BOOOM make their butts hurt a bit.
Exactly - fear factor is the key. You can hold enemy rush just by being around that corner, save your teammates some time to regroup. I absoultely sure this kind of machines has to be in game! They are pure FUN to drive. Be honest - it is orgasm-like when you cut some AMX-50 B off 1750 hp or one-shot IS-7 with AP into wrongly angled pike-nose.
I am 150 000 exp away from this badboy. Hope one day we meet in random so you can show how easy to kill Stage II in person.



lnfernaI #7 Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:49 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 29039 battles
  • 3,700
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

View PostHardass, on 26 February 2015 - 04:01 PM, said:

 

You mean the Object.268 you don't actually own yet?

 

I mean the Obj.268 i would own.

 



5everin #8 Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:17 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 78875 battles
  • 1,622
  • [TEC] TEC
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011

View PostSamulayo, on 26 February 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

 

Use AP shells. If 310 mm pen is not enough for you - well, nothing is then.
Whole new TDs line is very skill-dependable.

I personally free-exp myself straight to Firefly (enjoyed it all the way)

Researched Challenger - machine that made me struggle the most due to its unique armour-mobility-gun combination. Finished it with 47% WR over 160 battles.
Charioteer - the beast in right hands. 390hp alpha, APCR as default ammo, 1478 m/s shell speed, 52 km/h. No armour? The more skill you gain in THIS game the less armour you need.

Conway - many hate it after Charioteer. No cammo, no gun depression, even less traverse speed, 35 km/h. But that GUN make you happy. 400hp every 6 seconds, are you kidding me?! Other question is - can you put yourself in position to make that dpm work (right position, right time, right shell type).

As for Tier X Stage II - i tried it on test server (around 40 battles), mostly using AP for regular tanks and HEAT  (non-hesh) for paper like WT E-100, borsigs, leopards, french, etc. Managed to get 3k average damage. As an experienced KV-2 driver who knows where and when to be to surprise ANY enemy it helps a lot.
To be pre-aimed in order to punch that 1000+ hp shot is crucial. That does not mean i will sit in bushes trying to snipe. I would rather be not far from area where heavies will clash, pop-up and BOOOM make their butts hurt a bit.
Exactly - fear factor is the key. You can hold enemy rush just by being around that corner, save your teammates some time to regroup. I absoultely sure this kind of machines has to be in game! They are pure FUN to drive. Be honest - it is orgasm-like when you cut some AMX-50 B off 1750 hp or one-shot IS-7 with AP into wrongly angled pike-nose.
I am 150 000 exp away from this badboy. Hope one day we meet in random so you can show how easy to kill Stage II in person.

 

I have an FVB(183) and don't fancy grinding up the new line just to get a slightly pimped version of the (pre-turret buff) tank I have.

I was making the point that the best selling point WG could come up with is: If you are really lucky one of your 8k HESH shells might just work.

 

Side note:

You are much better off using HE for the most part. Mostly the same results, far cheaper.

Against heavy/sloped/spaced armour: same result...low damage

medium armour: HESH is better if you can avoid tracks etc.

Light armour: same effect....Boom.

 

Have not chosen to use HESH more than a couple of times since it got nerfed. Carry 2 rounds as standard (7 AP & 3 HE)


Edited by 5everin, 26 February 2015 - 04:34 PM.


guest273 #9 Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:24 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 35394 battles
  • 2,261
  • [DAILY] DAILY
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012
Thanks for the nice link to the special page...

Flipped_Out #10 Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:31 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 55253 battles
  • 201
  • [LDMA] LDMA
  • Member since:
    08-21-2011
Best thing about this video is the music... No need to say more.

Eila_Juutilainen #11 Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:00 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 21116 battles
  • 3,883
  • [102ND] 102ND
  • Member since:
    11-04-2012

View PostSuperior_Design, on 26 February 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

Direct fire arty. What else is this?

Im never grinding the paper Stage II.

Obj.268 with my 600% camo crew would be more than better.

 

And here I thought Camo skill didn't go beyond 100%. Please tell me how you managed to train the same skill six times?

lnfernaI #12 Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:30 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 29039 battles
  • 3,700
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

View PostEila_Juutilainen, on 26 February 2015 - 07:00 PM, said:

 

And here I thought Camo skill didn't go beyond 100%. Please tell me how you managed to train the same skill six times?

 

Each crew member has it to 100%. :facepalm:

This is what happens,when you play SU-100Y / SU-122-44 too much.



Tahdon_kutitella_sua_XD #13 Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:32 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 44865 battles
  • 391
  • Member since:
    11-13-2012

View PostSuperior_Design, on 26 February 2015 - 07:30 PM, said:

 

Each crew member has it to 100%. :facepalm:

This is what happens,when you play SU-100Y / SU-122-44 too much.

 

But 268 has only 5 crew members? So it should be 500%?

lnfernaI #14 Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:34 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 29039 battles
  • 3,700
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012
(I don't recall when 268 has 5 or 6 membs,so i might be mistaken. Eithee way my ISU crew is 4th skills / perks: cam,6th sense,snapshot,BiA,what else i cannot even recall. On top of that i use the Food.)

lnfernaI #15 Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:37 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 29039 battles
  • 3,700
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

View PostLaukeen_sun_naamalle_X3, on 26 February 2015 - 07:32 PM, said:

 

But 268 has only 5 crew members? So it should be 500%?

 

Yep,thats what i mean*. Would be pretty much invisible - camo net 25%,bush / fallen tree 66%,painting 5% and 100% from total average camo skill.

(Mean about the lack of the 6th memb.)


Edited by Superior_Design, 26 February 2015 - 06:38 PM.


Eila_Juutilainen #16 Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:56 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 21116 battles
  • 3,883
  • [102ND] 102ND
  • Member since:
    11-04-2012

View PostSuperior_Design, on 26 February 2015 - 06:30 PM, said:

 

Each crew member has it to 100%. :facepalm:

This is what happens,when you play SU-100Y / SU-122-44 too much.

 

That was sarcasm because most people say '100% camo/repairs/firefighting/BiA' when they say they have it on the whole crew :P

boomaster #17 Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:56 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24505 battles
  • 497
  • Member since:
    03-03-2011
So, you've made a video showcasing 2 of the largest direct fire guns in the game and repeatedly used the word "luck"...... Given that "luck" plays such a big part... are they actually balanced (I'm thinking 4005's turret armour compared to the Conways turret armour)..

Askys #18 Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:30 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 9984 battles
  • 72
  • Member since:
    06-03-2011
Can we just take a moment and appreciate that lately these videos (with who ever talks now) have been pretty good? and not just videos half [edited]'d or ported from Russia with a voice actor who gives you the feel hes at the low point of his career? (sorry to who ever did the old voice casting X3 )

Kolmiopaavo #19 Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:15 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 43743 battles
  • 1,212
  • [FAME] FAME
  • Member since:
    06-28-2011
The best part is when he says that it has a "decent" AP penetration...

great_kahn #20 Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:20 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20059 battles
  • 782
  • Member since:
    06-07-2012
World of land arty.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users