Is the Hit zones of the tanks Mod illegal ?

hit zones illegal mod hit zones

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

BoldTanker #1 Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19885 battles

Hello Tankers.

I just want to ask you a quick questions - Is the  mod below illegal and can you get banned for using it  on EU server?

Thank you.

Best Regards.

etikchoochoo #2 Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5192 battles
  • [J3FF] J3FF
It is illegal on other servers but on eu it is not illegal because they havent published a definit list of illegal mods, although that may change.

BoldTanker #3 Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19885 battles

Thank you for your quick answer.

Good luck and have fun.

See you on the battlefield :)

Obsessive_Compulsive #4 Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:31 PM

General

• Player
  • 28763 battles

It is not illegal anywhere. there is no law governing mods..

might be allowed they are not one and the same thing!

IGL #5 Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36363 battles
on EU, you can install any cheat mods you like. WG EU doesnt care.

leeuniverse #6 Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52 battles

View Postetikchoochoo, on 28 February 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

It is illegal on other servers but on eu it is not illegal because they havent published a definit list of illegal mods, although that may change.

BUZZ WRONG....

It's not "illegal" on ANY server, because it's a SKIN....  Skins are fully legal.

Only 3D HITBOX skins are illegal, that which shows the internal compartments etc.

But yes.... EU and Asia basically anything is legal to use.

However, this will likely change soon, because Wargaming RU has heard about this, and aren't happy with the laziness.

They will likely soon have a banned mod list, like RU and NA has.

BTW, most hitzone skins are not updated, and if you use them they could cause crashing or freezing, due to Wargamings model changes.

The only one that I know that's updated is here: http://www.koreanrandom.com/forum/topic/1475-09673-%D1%88%D0%BA%D1%83%D1%80%D0%BA%D0%B8-%D1%81-%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%87%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%BC%D0%B8-%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B8-%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B8%D1%8F-zoom-%D0%BE%D1%82-dendyt-%D0%B2-%D1%81/

You might also need to use a 0% camo mod, and change your game lighting to see the mod now also, because with the lighting changes, the mod has become really light, not able to see.

I've been discussing this issue with the mod author in his thread.

Edited by leeuniverse, 28 February 2015 - 05:50 PM.

BoldTanker #7 Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19885 battles

What about the mod that removes the sways of trees ?

Thanks

leeuniverse #8 Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52 battles

According to EU statements, any mod usage is allowed.

However, if caught with certain "obviously" rule breaking mods (like if streaming twitch) you may get sanctioned for it.

EU simply doesn't "actively enforce" anything.

But, that will change soon I'm sure like I mentioned above.

BoldTanker #9 Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19885 battles

Smart said.

Thanks!

Obsessive_Compulsive #10 Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:43 PM

General

• Player
  • 28763 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on 28 February 2015 - 05:43 PM, said:

BUZZ WRONG....

It's not "illegal" on ANY server, because it's a SKIN....  Skins are fully legal.

Only 3D HITBOX skins are illegal, that which shows the internal compartments etc.

But yes.... EU and Asia basically anything is legal to use.

However, this will likely change soon, because Wargaming RU has heard about this, and aren't happy with the laziness.

They will likely soon have a banned mod list, like RU and NA has.

BTW, most hitzone skins are not updated, and if you use them they could cause crashing or freezing, due to Wargamings model changes.

The only one that I know that's updated is here: http://www.koreanrandom.com/forum/topic/1475-09673-%D1%88%D0%BA%D1%83%D1%80%D0%BA%D0%B8-%D1%81-%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%87%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%BC%D0%B8-%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B8-%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B8%D1%8F-zoom-%D0%BE%D1%82-dendyt-%D0%B2-%D1%81/

You might also need to use a 0% camo mod, and change your game lighting to see the mod now also, because with the lighting changes, the mod has become really light, not able to see.

I've been discussing this issue with the mod author in his thread.

BUZZZ wrong! read my post.:sceptic:

Gremlin182 #11 Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 61887 battles

Its a useful learning tool for your first week or so of gameplay but you should imo dump it after a while before you start to depend on it

legality not sure because its opinion seems to differ depending on where you look and which forum you check.

From what I have read there are some mod effects they count as illegal but official info is scarce,  there was something in the rules about skins I have reproduced the section below and the link to it.

All depends what they mean by

1. Transparent textures on game objects penetrated by game armament.

I think that could have been phrased more clearly.

https://na.wargaming...on/rules/rules/

Creation of Derivative Works

Wargaming.net allows the Participants to use and modify art, models, music, data on game objects, statistical, non-personal data about players, game interface (hereinafter the “Content”;) of World of Tanks, World of Tanks: Blitz, World of Warplanes, World of Warships, World of Tanks: Generals (hereinafter “Wargaming.net Games”;) in derivative works of the Participants provided they comply with the following conditions:

No modifications shall be created which, according to Wargaming.net, bring undesirable changes to the gameplay of Wargaming.net Games. The list includes, but is not limited to:

2. Replacement of game models with collision models.
  3. Explicit highlighting of game objects that may seem dangerous as non-hazardous (e.g., white textures on destroyed tanks).
  4. Any changes to auto-aim (e.g., leading targets, automatic targeting of vulnerable areas).
  5. Fixing for the player the position of the other players that are not visible by the rules of the game visibility (locking the position of the player that disappeared from sight on map by tracer flares, display of the name of an enemy player that inflicted a non-critical hit remaining out of sight, etc.).
  6. Fixing the destruction of destructible objects on the minimap.
  7. Camera which is not attached to the position of a player, a “free” camera, able to move in three dimensions, and the use of artillery mode for other types of vehicles.
  8. Using keyboard macros in game situations (e.g., automation of work of “manual fire extinguisher”, except for an automatic shot from a reloaded weapon).
  9. Indication of an aiming point of other players which is different from its visual representation based on the position of a standard, unmodified 3D vehicle model operated by the player.
  10. Full or partial automation sending a vehicle to battle, its operating and firing (use of bots).

Edited by Gremlin182, 28 February 2015 - 08:01 PM.

Homer_J #12 Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:21 PM

Field Marshal

• 33647 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

It's legal and it's pointless.

Oh look, they keep the ammo near the turret DUH!  And who'd 'ave thunk the engine would be under the engine covers?  Well I never did.  Next you'll be surprising me by saying the gunner sits next to the gun and the driver sits up front.

Oh look, it even paints the wheels white because I'd have never found those without help. :facepalm:

Edited by Homer_J, 28 February 2015 - 08:22 PM.

leeuniverse #13 Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52 battles

View PostSmeeeeg_Heeeeed, on 28 February 2015 - 11:43 AM, said:

BUZZZ wrong! read my post.:sceptic:

You are clearly mentally confused.

View PostGremlin182, on 28 February 2015 - 12:01 PM, said:

Its a useful learning tool for your first week or so of gameplay but you should imo dump it after a while before you start to depend on it

legality not sure because its opinion seems to differ depending on where you look and which forum you check.

From what I have read there are some mod effects they count as illegal but official info is scarce,  there was something in the rules about skins I have reproduced the section below and the link to it.

All depends what they mean by

I think that could have been phrased more clearly.

https://na.wargaming...on/rules/rules/

Creation of Derivative Works

Wargaming.net allows the Participants to use and modify art, models, music, data on game objects, statistical, non-personal data about players, game interface (hereinafter the “Content”;) of World of Tanks, World of Tanks: Blitz, World of Warplanes, World of Warships, World of Tanks: Generals (hereinafter “Wargaming.net Games”;) in derivative works of the Participants provided they comply with the following conditions:

No modifications shall be created which, according to Wargaming.net, bring undesirable changes to the gameplay of Wargaming.net Games. The list includes, but is not limited to:

2. Replacement of game models with collision models.
  3. Explicit highlighting of game objects that may seem dangerous as non-hazardous (e.g., white textures on destroyed tanks).
  4. Any changes to auto-aim (e.g., leading targets, automatic targeting of vulnerable areas).
  5. Fixing for the player the position of the other players that are not visible by the rules of the game visibility (locking the position of the player that disappeared from sight on map by tracer flares, display of the name of an enemy player that inflicted a non-critical hit remaining out of sight, etc.).
  6. Fixing the destruction of destructible objects on the minimap.
  7. Camera which is not attached to the position of a player, a “free” camera, able to move in three dimensions, and the use of artillery mode for other types of vehicles.
  8. Using keyboard macros in game situations (e.g., automation of work of “manual fire extinguisher”, except for an automatic shot from a reloaded weapon).
  9. Indication of an aiming point of other players which is different from its visual representation based on the position of a standard, unmodified 3D vehicle model operated by the player.
  10. Full or partial automation sending a vehicle to battle, its operating and firing (use of bots).

Wargaming is amazing.....  You would think that after they FINALLY created their banned mod list, and made clear that "dead white tanks" aka white textures on tanks IS entirely legal (and always was btw) that some genius at Wargaming would have finally properly updated that list, especially removing #3.

Yet, they keep thing confusing instead for people.....  utter imbecils.  :(

View PostHomer_J, on 28 February 2015 - 12:21 PM, said:

It's legal and it's pointless.

Oh look, they keep the ammo near the turret DUH!  And who'd 'ave thunk the engine would be under the engine covers?  Well I never did.  Next you'll be surprising me by saying the gunner sits next to the gun and the driver sits up front.

Oh look, it even paints the wheels white because I'd have never found those without help. :facepalm:

Actually, when the skins were able to be seen well, they were actually very helpful in learning tank weak spots.

My skill improved greatly using them over a few months to help properly learn tank weak spots.

As one example, if you're in a Tier 8 tank, the only place you can pen an E100 with regular round frontally is the top bar across the top.

The hit skin would show this.  Thus, hitskins are very helpful in learning the tanks.

Homer_J #14 Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:38 AM

Field Marshal

• 33647 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postleeuniverse, on 01 March 2015 - 12:25 AM, said:

Actually, when the skins were able to be seen well, they were actually very helpful in learning tank weak spots.

Rubbish.

The skins don't take angles into account, they have you shooting at the wrong bits of tank depending on what angle you are at.  And do you want to be trying to hit modules where you might not pen and will most likely be protected by their saving throw when you can do damage by hitting elsewhere?

As for where you can pen an E100, you do know the game has a built in penetration indicator?

Edited by Homer_J, 01 March 2015 - 01:42 AM.

Obsessive_Compulsive #15 Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:40 AM

General

• Player
  • 28763 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on 01 March 2015 - 01:25 AM, said:

call the police!

Gremlin182 #16 Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 61887 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on 01 March 2015 - 01:25 AM, said:

Wargaming is amazing.....  You would think that after they FINALLY created their banned mod list, and made clear that "dead white tanks" aka white textures on tanks IS entirely legal (and always was btw) that some genius at Wargaming would have finally properly updated that list, especially removing #3.

Yet, they keep thing confusing instead for people.....  utter imbecils.  :(

I agree I mean the rules have been updated they include the Blitz game and so on but they do like to have "rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertaintity" to quote Douglas Adams.

of course if they gave a list then it might encourage more players to use mods, so im assuming by keeping us in the dark its either because they themselves cannot agree on what to allow and what to ban

Or to give them the freedon to call time on a player or a mod at any time they find its causing a problem that gives them a lot of flexability and you cannot say but you said this mod was ok because they didn't

MatchyHK #17 Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16896 battles

View Poststeliobg, on 28 February 2015 - 04:50 PM, said:

What about the mod that removes the sways of trees ?

Thanks

Remove sways of tree are fine - good for performance as well

Remove foliage in the other hand are illegal mod

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users