Spam_protection_dosier?

guest273 spam protection spam games WG tomatoes chat spam wtf?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

guest273 #1 Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:06 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35394 battles

What the hell is a spam_protection_dosier?

Disclaimer: I didn't spam and I haven't got this myself.

Basically my dad is a orange-yellow wn8 player of wot and on last 48 hours he has made 150+ games of WoT. I came home and in 5-8 minutes I saw that he had changed his tank 2-3 times. And my dad never writes anything in chat. like NEVER. I mean maybe a "gg" once in 100 games.

Is there finally a good system that prevents potatoes from spamming games too fast and kicks them after their game is over so everyone would be happy?

Ignore Edit:

Spoiler

Edited by guest273, 04 March 2015 - 06:29 PM.

alexnicusor8 #2 Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23666 battles
i play wot for 3 years ,and what its my reward = spam dosier . Thks wot for your support !

TINI06 #3 Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9761 battles
  • [SEEME] SEEME
it happens sometimes doesn't mean u spamed

ZeeAa #4 Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27780 battles
  • [--P--] --P--

The dossier file refers to mechanism that WoT uses to dispaly battle results. The client asks for dossier from server, and is sent one. Some mods and external programs use that to collect your battle results. I'm not 100% sure what data is in dossier and what is in other files related to that, and are all of them fetched from same request.

Anyway, it's probably caused by network issue, the client doesn't get the file because of delay in network, or server handling, and sends another request, and maybe few. The server then detects this as flooding requests when it finally gets/processes them, and kicks the player from server. Just kick to protect itself from possible attack, nothing else, so most of the time it should happen really rarely, and one should not bother anything more about it.

The error message displayed is just a bit misleading, like many other technical error messages. The "spam" is client request of the dossier, not any human made message, and it's quite likely not related to any mods, either, because many people have occasinally had it, and not used any mods.

TINI06 #5 Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:17 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9761 battles
  • [SEEME] SEEME

View PostZeeAa, on 13 April 2015 - 04:10 PM, said:

The dossier file refers to mechanism that WoT uses to dispaly battle results. The client asks for dossier from server, and is sent one. Some mods and external programs use that to collect your battle results. I'm not 100% sure what data is in dossier and what is in other files related to that, and are all of them fetched from same request.

Anyway, it's probably caused by network issue, the client doesn't get the file because of delay in network, or server handling, and sends another request, and maybe few. The server then detects this as flooding requests when it finally gets/processes them, and kicks the player from server. Just kick to protect itself from possible attack, nothing else, so most of the time it should happen really rarely, and one should not bother anything more about it.

The error message displayed is just a bit misleading, like many other technical error messages. The "spam" is client request of the dossier, not any human made message, and it's quite likely not related to any mods, either, because many people have occasinally had it, and not used any mods.

This. Thank you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users