Chaffee equipment.

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Worgaming_Win32_Virus #41 Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 94 battles

Why would you put vstab in there??

Tank has fast aimtime great accuracy(1.5 / 0.33 or 0.31 for me). Bull-poop..

Just go camo net,rammer and/or binos/optics.

Baldrickk #42 Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30142 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostWorgaming_Win32_Virus, on 21 April 2016 - 03:06 PM, said:

Why would you put vstab in there??

Tank has fast aimtime great accuracy(1.5 / 0.33 or 0.31 for me). Bull-poop..

Just go camo net,rammer and/or binos/optics.

Because it is a very fast tank with good accuracy on the move and the v-stab makes it great accuracy on the move.

Because 1.5s is only the time it takes to shrink to 2/3rds of the original size and not all the way.

Because camo net becomes almost useless after you get a full camo skill while v-stab remains incredibly useful.

Worgaming_Win32_Virus #43 Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 94 battles

View PostBaldrickk, on 21 April 2016 - 05:33 PM, said:

Because it is a very fast tank with good accuracy on the move and the v-stab makes it great accuracy on the move.

Because 1.5s is only the time it takes to shrink to 2/3rds of the original size and not all the way.

Because camo net becomes almost useless after you get a full camo skill while v-stab remains incredibly useful.

The tank is already accurate! The vstab is a waste in this.

For fochs sake,use logic for once.

It aims fast,it has great accuracy by itself.

A camo net or optics for a passive spotting light is far more useful.

I don't get the way your brain works.. excuse me.

Why would you engage in this? Its not the old Chaffee aka T37.

And the grind is fast.

Let aimtime be about 2.3 and acc 0.37 

Then i understand,mount vstab. But on chaffee? No.Just no.

No offense but your suggestions sometimes make me facepalm.

Edited by Worgaming_Win32_Virus, 21 April 2016 - 07:13 PM.

Baldrickk #44 Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30142 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostWorgaming_Win32_Virus, on 21 April 2016 - 07:12 PM, said:

The tank is already accurate! The vstab is a waste in this.

For fochs sake,use logic for once.

It aims fast,it has great accuracy by itself.

A camo net or optics for a passive spotting light is far more useful.

I don't get the way your brain works.. excuse me.

Why would you engage in this? Its not the old Chaffee aka T37.

And the grind is fast.

Let aimtime be about 2.3 and acc 0.37 

Then i understand,mount vstab. But on chaffee? No.Just no.

No offense but your suggestions sometimes make me facepalm.

Yeah... Because aim-time and fully aimed accuracy are relevant when running round the map at 70kph...

I like to think that I have done idea what I'm talking about, while I know better light tank players than me, it is my most played class, I do well with them, and if you count end of line Chaffee, it is my 4th most commonly played tank.

When I put a new 75% crew into it recently, having not played it since the change, I went from 0% to having a MoE in just 7 games, and hit 3 MoE when my crew were 60% through their first skill.

It doesn't matter that it is a fast grind and that if you want, you can dump it ASAP, I had the Chaffee when it was end of tier, and I've played the US lights enough that the T49 is actually sitting above the Chaffee in 3rd place in terms of games played.

I'm playing the Chaffee because it is a good fun tank in its own right, and I'm providing my opinion of what makes it into the best possible tank, not one that is cheap to grind through.

Why wouldn't I mount optics? Well, that's a tough question, because I do.

Why not a camo net and binocs?

Because the former is useless when active scouting, and unnecessary when in a bush, and the latter because optics are always active, provide me with 443m view range which is fantastic for a tier 5 light, and not carrying both let's me carry v-stab and Rammer that make me a formidable opponent.

Why engage the enemy? 

Sure, it's not the T37, but it has a fast firing semi-accurate gun that dishes out damage remarkably fast. The speed allows you to out manoeuvre your enemies (I was recently hoping for a nice scouting match and ended up fail platooning to make the most of it. Ended up on Ensk, of all maps and ended up being in the top 50% of the team on damage done, through exclusively shooting tier X HTs.) So the pen isn't much of a problem. In a tier 6 or 7 game, it can wreck enemy tanks of you know what you are doing, and being able to shoot enemy arty without having to stop when you go hunting behind the enemy lines vastly reduces your chances of being countered by arty, and allows for an even faster exit.

Do tell me where I am being illogical here, and maybe don't hide behind a forum alt when criticising others.

Worgaming_Win32_Virus #45 Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 94 battles

View PostBaldrickk, on 21 April 2016 - 08:12 PM, said:

Yeah... Because aim-time and fully aimed accuracy are relevant when running round the map at 70kph...

I like to think that I have done idea what I'm talking about, while I know better light tank players than me, it is my most played class, I do well with them, and if you count end of line Chaffee, it is my 4th most commonly played tank.

When I put a new 75% crew into it recently, having not played it since the change, I went from 0% to having a MoE in just 7 games, and hit 3 MoE when my crew were 60% through their first skill.

It doesn't matter that it is a fast grind and that if you want, you can dump it ASAP, I had the Chaffee when it was end of tier, and I've played the US lights enough that the T49 is actually sitting above the Chaffee in 3rd place in terms of games played.

I'm playing the Chaffee because it is a good fun tank in its own right, and I'm providing my opinion of what makes it into the best possible tank, not one that is cheap to grind through.

Why wouldn't I mount optics? Well, that's a tough question, because I do.

Why not a camo net and binocs?

Because the former is useless when active scouting, and unnecessary when in a bush, and the latter because optics are always active, provide me with 443m view range which is fantastic for a tier 5 light, and not carrying both let's me carry v-stab and Rammer that make me a formidable opponent.

Why engage the enemy? 

Sure, it's not the T37, but it has a fast firing semi-accurate gun that dishes out damage remarkably fast. The speed allows you to out manoeuvre your enemies (I was recently hoping for a nice scouting match and ended up fail platooning to make the most of it. Ended up on Ensk, of all maps and ended up being in the top 50% of the team on damage done, through exclusively shooting tier X HTs.) So the pen isn't much of a problem. In a tier 6 or 7 game, it can wreck enemy tanks of you know what you are doing, and being able to shoot enemy arty without having to stop when you go hunting behind the enemy lines vastly reduces your chances of being countered by arty, and allows for an even faster exit.

Do tell me where I am being illogical here, and maybe don't hide behind a forum alt when criticising others.

Ok,i get it,but

not everyone plays like you. There are people who prefer other equipment setups at this tier,and im sure that certainly vstab isn't the top choice (again depends on players' gameplay) for, an example,passive scout.

Passive scout: Binos/Optics/Camo net.

Active Scout: Rammer/Optics/Vstab.

Tanks like Rhm,E 25,UE 57,ELC should keep a camo net,even if you have a full camo crew,because you will want to abuse their base camo level as much as possible.

Just saying that,once i get my Chaffee tomorrow,i will not equip Vstabs there. IMO (!) it's simply not the way i expect the Chaffee to work for my style gameplay (as TDs are my most played class.)

Edited by Worgaming_Win32_Virus, 21 April 2016 - 09:25 PM.

Baldrickk #46 Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30142 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostWorgaming_Win32_Virus, on 21 April 2016 - 09:23 PM, said:

Ok,i get it,but

not everyone plays like you. There are people who prefer other equipment setups at this tier,and im sure that certainly vstab isn't the top choice (again depends on players' gameplay) for, an example,passive scout.

Passive scout: Binos/Optics/Camo net.

Active Scout: Rammer/Optics/Vstab.

Tanks like Rhm,E 25,UE 57,ELC should keep a camo net,even if you have a full camo crew,because you will want to abuse their base camo level as much as possible.

Just saying that,once i get my Chaffee tomorrow,i will not equip Vstabs there. IMO (!) it's simply not the way i expect the Chaffee to work for my style gameplay (as TDs are my most played class.)

Ahem

View PostBaldrickk, on 23 March 2016 - 11:42 AM, said:

The load-out we choose should reflect our gameplay.

I do recognise that people will play it differently. And I have suggested that newer players start off by passive scouting before becoming more active, which, with the state of the maps these days is a much more successful strategy.

After the Chaffee, the T37 to the T49 all have poor camo for lights, and the entire line, with the exception of the T49 are built for active play and shooting on the move, so it's worth learning the playstyle as soon as possible, where the games are more forgivable.

Not that I'm trying to tell anyone how they must play, just what typically works well.

If you really want to play like a TD, you are not going to do great. And for passive spotting, other lines are better, the French having the best camo.

Agree with camo net on the first 3 of your 4 examples, but personally, I take Rammer, GLD, Binocs in the ELC.  Again YMMV.

It does seem weird that you're trying to tell me how to play a tank you haven't bought yet though.

Edited by Baldrickk, 21 April 2016 - 09:50 PM.

Worgaming_Win32_Virus #47 Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 94 battles

View PostBaldrickk, on 21 April 2016 - 09:49 PM, said:

Ahem

I do recognise that people will play it differently. And I have suggested that newer players start off by passive scouting before becoming more active, which, with the state of the maps these days is a much more successful strategy.

After the Chaffee, the T37 to the T49 all have poor camo for lights, and the entire line, with the exception of the T49 are built for active play and shooting on the move, so it's worth learning the playstyle as soon as possible, where the games are more forgivable.

Not that I'm trying to tell anyone how they must play, just what typically works well.

If you really want to play like a TD, you are not going to do great. And for passive spotting, other lines are better, the French having the best camo.

Agree with camo net on the first 3 of your 4 examples, but personally, I take Rammer, GLD, Binocs in the ELC.  Again YMMV.

It does seem weird that you're trying to tell me how to play a tank you haven't bought yet though.

its on my main which has a RO ban.(see sig for details)

Or its that i have not made any battles in it yet,as i had no gold to retrain crew with.

Btw whats YMMV?

Its just that the 3 following tank gameplay differs,you can be yet creative with chaffee.

Baldrickk #48 Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30142 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostWorgaming_Win32_Virus, on 21 April 2016 - 10:07 PM, said:

its on my main which has a RO ban.(see sig for details)

Or its that i have not made any battles in it yet,as i had no gold to retrain crew with.

Btw whats YMMV?

Its just that the 3 following tank gameplay differs,you can be yet creative with chaffee.

Ah I'm posting from mobile, I don't get so see signatures on the mobile site.

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary.  Loosely put, it means that your experience may not be the same as mine. 

Spoiler

I love being a sneaky bush scout, and indeed, that's how the old Chaffee played. I kinda miss it as unfortunately, is a lot harder to do these days.

Worgaming_Win32_Virus #49 Posted 25 April 2016 - 02:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 94 battles
I finished the chaffee in about 2 days,and using the vstab actually made lots of sense.

MR_FIAT #50 Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19803 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_
I need help with this tank, i actualy did pretty ok in the M5 stuart but now i got this and its rage and frustration everytime i play it. i have played the ELC AMX and i love that to bits but i just cant make the chaffee work what do i have to do diffrent from the ELC?

Lycopersicon #51 Posted 03 May 2016 - 07:06 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 10610 battles

View PostMR_FIAT, on 02 May 2016 - 07:54 PM, said:

I need help with this tank, i actualy did pretty ok in the M5 stuart but now i got this and its rage and frustration everytime i play it. i have played the ELC AMX and i love that to bits but i just cant make the chaffee work what do i have to do diffrent from the ELC?

I'm not exactly qualified to advise anyone, but I play Chaffee as a 99% scout. Vision for the team is my primary, secondary, and tertiary role, and doing damage is something to do when it doesn't hamper the more important things.

tnk_x5000 #52 Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28516 battles

View PostMR_FIAT, on 02 May 2016 - 06:54 PM, said:

Aside from everything - everything. Those two tanks have nothing in common, aside from the class. You will have to explain how you try to play.

Also, this is topic about equipment for the tank. Here is a topic with info on gameplay: http://forum.worldof...timate-chaffee/

bersik_FF #53 Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:45 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1417 battles

Chafee is pure scout, so i use pure scout equipment: vents, optics, bino (e1 on prokhorovka,etc.). Avg. stats after 67games: avg. spot: 4,22 / avg. assist. dmg: 806.

Not good for wn8, but more fun IMHO.

azakow #54 Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 76074 battles

View Postbersik_FF, on 12 August 2016 - 11:45 AM, said:

Chafee is pure scout, so i use pure scout equipment: vents, optics, bino (e1 on prokhorovka,etc.). Avg. stats after 67games: avg. spot: 4,22 / avg. assist. dmg: 806.

Not good for wn8, but more fun IMHO.

You may not believe it, but 770+ dmg, 1.1k assisted, 4.34 spotted @5k matches is possible. Of course you would have to love the tank, and should not use vents nor binos.

3.5k wn8 is more than enough for my taste.

berserkerdog #55 Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:46 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12387 battles
  • [A-N-V] A-N-V

View Postazakow, on 19 August 2016 - 04:20 PM, said:

You may not believe it, but 770+ dmg, 1.1k assisted, 4.34 spotted @5k matches is possible. Of course you would have to love the tank, and should not use vents nor binos.

3.5k wn8 is more than enough for my taste.

1.1k assisted is really nice number. Chafee is great little tank and combined with skill  and excellent crew, which you surely have, i can believe it easily..

Im still learning with LT´s. But maybe, one day...

fisco77 #56 Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 69339 battles

i use vents (helps mobility (there's never enough of it), camo, aiming/dispersion, view range, dpm a bit (less than rammer i admit)... vstab, firing on the move is standard practice, and optics. With cola (if i have premium..) my view range is 474m, as i really like to see what i'm up against... 24AP/24APCR no HE.

at the end of the day it's the shots you hit and pen that count, and i mostly shoot on the move, so vstab automaticaly boosts this... and if you can see before being seen (optics, camo) your survival rate goes up, so you can then deal even more damage... i rather spend those 0,3/4s you gain with rammer aiming because of low pen while also having a 20% smaler reticule from the start (vstab).

i recently re-bought it (i sold it when they changed it) and i think it's still a fun little tank :) oh, and i also just set a personal best xp ever in it, replay if anyone's interested

http://wotreplays.co...o77-m24_chaffee

Edited by fisco77, 10 September 2016 - 08:25 PM.

CptLunar #57 Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:07 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 42746 battles
vert stab rammer optic.my chaffee is soon on 5 skill each crew finishing bia on 92%

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users