Weak Spot Guide: Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. J

WoTGuru Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. J PZ II J Weak Spots Weak Spot Guide

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

C_Menz #1 Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 293 battles

The tier 3 premium German light tank Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. J is a behemoth at tier 3 with its insane amount of armor across all sides of the tank.  Frontally it is covered by mostly 80mm of armor and the sides/rear of the tank is covered with 50mm of armor.  While the armor isn’t angled for much of the tank the sheer thickness makes it difficult to penetrate the Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. J and it allows drivers of the tank to angle horizontally to make up for the lack of a vertical angle on their armor.  For non tank destroyers at tier 3 and tier 2 this tank is very difficult to deal with due to the lack of penetration many tanks facing the Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. J have.

The weak spot guide for the Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. J linked below breaks down the tank into sections based on effective armor values.  Areas with no hull armor behind it to cause HP damage and/or areas with a high chance of zero damage critical hits will be highlighted in purple.

http://wotguru.com/weak-spot-guide-pz-kpfw-ii-ausf-j/

SLOVAK_ROSA #2 Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1606 battles
I have one, and its all very well, putting up weak spots, but I find in the heat of battle up close, and angling moving etc, it is very difficult to really harm them one on one, the td is my enemy

Lil_Nas_X #3 Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:16 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32971 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostB_D_I, on 04 April 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

I have one, and its all very well, putting up weak spots, but I find in the heat of battle up close, and angling moving etc, it is very difficult to really harm them one on one, the td is my enemy

I like them to fight me 8 v 1. You just wait and kill em all :P

Phroco #4 Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3015 battles
  • [RUSED] RUSED
I have one but don't play it much as it's a bit boring not being able to pen most other tanks. What is fun however is going up against a J in a Cruiser MkII with the 3.7" derp gun. It can one or two shot a J from any angle. They tend to look a bit surprised when that happens.

knoxySR #5 Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7472 battles
Cruiser with heat one shots them, then they start complaining which is always nice.

soolerman #6 Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24366 battles
I have had one of thesethings for a little less than a year. TDs kill it with ease and most other players just run round like headless chickens trying to kill me. Mostly they die to the guns of my team mates. For the avrage tier three gun the so called weak spots are nothing of the kind.

HOBBES063 #7 Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3575 battles

Just had a battle at prokorova and it was my T70 against their last tank, a PZ11J with full health and sitting on our base. I hit him about 20 times and nothing penned. Before I could get closer the base was captured. I am now going to buy a few premium shells just for a situation like this. I have knocked one out before with standard ap but you have to be close and put a couple of shells through the drivers view port. The T70 witth it's sloped armour is pretty immune to the little gun of the PZ uless it is shooting premium.  

chr1stos #8 Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26775 battles
  • [KOULA] KOULA

View PostHOBBES063, on 16 April 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

The T70 witth it's sloped armour is pretty immune to the little gun of the PZ uless it is shooting premium.  

If you are not shooting premium with something like the PZ II J, well...

20 something mm of pen is just a joke, it is of course a balancing factor for the tank but why would anyone ever buy one in a bundle or with the latest offer paying that much money if he were to buy something balanced...

I play mine with a full APCR loadout, I play one battle a day for the x2 and the fun, it costs me anywhere from 25-100k depending of how much of the stuff I have to fire to prevail, it is usually around 30-40k loss, it's worth every "penny".

If I lose I will do another one no prob.

I am slowly learning all it's quirks and the 75% crew I started out with is gradually getting there so my WR is moving from OP to -gradually becoming- completely broken.

There's not much useful stuff to put on it so I put a spall liner because artillery and HE in general is one of the biggest threats out there.

This is a tank to go full retard with, if the driver also happens to be a "battle hardened veteran" from high tiers then the enemy have a problem, even if they have lots of FCM 36 Pak 40s...

Really, the only thing that could ever keep your WR in check with this is that a lot of those have been sold lately.

Which means two things:

1)You will often meet one on the enemy team which reduces your chances of winning from 80-90% to 50%

2)Their new found popularity has raised awareness and now people are having to educate themselves on who you are and how to take you out making the battlefields quite trickier for the little fat boy.

Eila_Juutilainen #9 Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:50 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21385 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

View Postchr1stos, on 17 April 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

20 something mm of pen is just a joke, it is of course a balancing factor for the tank but why would anyone ever buy one in a bundle or with the latest offer paying that much money if he were to buy something balanced...

I play mine with a full APCR loadout, I play one battle a day for the x2 and the fun, it costs me anywhere from 25-100k depending of how much of the stuff I have to fire to prevail, it is usually around 30-40k loss, it's worth every "penny".

If I lose I will do another one no prob.

Eh, I find that I can penetrate many things with just regilar AP. Armour on tier 3 isn't that stellar, and you meet plenty of tier 2s as well. Even on tier 4 I can penetrate certain targets, especially TDs :justwait:

My loadout used to be 50/50, but I've lowered my APCR count to 150 shells.

Edited by Eila_Juutilainen, 17 April 2015 - 09:50 AM.

chr1stos #10 Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26775 battles
  • [KOULA] KOULA

I hear you.

I used to have tons of fun wrecking stuff with the DW2 and AP despite being very low in penetration, I just didn't care if I won or lost and concentrated on shooting people's weak spots.

Turned out to be surprisingly effective.

I'm pretty sure one can find something on any low tier tank he can penetrate with the II J's gun.

I just won't bother TBH, it's just one battle a day in it usually and I'm in it for the relaxing experience and the shock factor.

You just choose a flank, attack and mop up everything in your path all the way to the enemy base, some times performing a circle to clean up the other flank as well.

Yes, It is as shocking as it sounds:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users