• Player
  • 35394 battles
If you say bad guns then you mean the Russian one. Here I fixed it for you:

View PostRagwin, on 07 March 2015 - 03:58 AM, said:

Bad armour usage.

Bad gun usage.

Poor speed usage.

Poor personal skill.

Rubbish matchmaking (not top tier more than 3 games in a row.) - seriously if you play it only 1 day how can you make a true conclusion?

Edited by guest273, 07 March 2015 - 08:32 AM.

Salutes #3 Posted 07 March 2015 - 09:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10406 battles

Bad armour

Bad guns

Poor speed

Rubbish matchmaking (never top tier).

I'm not sure if you're actually serious but..

''Bad armour'' - what do you expect

''Bad guns'' - more like the best gun selection on any t5 med

''Poor speed'' - are you for real right now

''Rubbish matchmaking'' - why would you blame a tank for that, and even in t7 games i see this tank doing well

Conclusion: stop overplaying good tanks you don't like with like 50% crews, sorry man.. you have 500+ games in this tank so you can't possibly be stock or using a ghetto crew.. Just look for guides

Not like i'm the best player ever, but i don't play 500+ games in low tier tanks i don't like

HidesHisFace #4 Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17975 battles

Wow... you are wrong on SO many levels...

Let us analyse it, shall we?

Armour - around 60 effective if I'm not mistaken. It is not great but it has the best side armour of all tier V mediums, making it decent at side-scraping.

Guns - you get choice of 57mm of 76mm.

76mm is mediocre at best, comparable to equivalent guns of other nations. Let's compare it to its major competitors - Sherman and Panzer IV H.

T-34 gets worst aim-time and mediocre accuracy (better than M4, worse than Pz) and definitely the worst DPM value of the three. However, if you use 57mm (AND YOU SHOULD, there is no reason not to), you get the best gun of this type by far - accurate, fast aiming, fast firing and with monstrous DPM for that tier. Only alpha dmg is lacking and pen average (but with accuracy like this it does not matter). The only thing T-34 lacks is a derp gun but 57mm is just so consistent in doing dmg that it does not need a howitzer anyway.

Now, mobility - T-34 has comparable hp/t ratio to Panzer IV but far better traverse speed. Soviet med trumps M4 as well. It is also faster than these two - both capped below 50, while T-34 can easily reach 56hm/h. In fact, the only tier V medium that can in any way compare is Pz III/IV (better hp/t ratio but traverse is worse) or... Type T-34 (it is marginally better).

Numbers do not lie - T-34 is by far the best medium on Tier V if you do not plan on using a derp gun. As far as standard cannons go, T-34 has superior firepower and in most cases superior mobility. Armour protection is relatively weak, but good angles and even thickness allow it to side scrape and make it less vulnerable to flanking attacks of lower tier tanks or lights.

lemthepimpmeard #5 Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:08 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27415 battles

Bad armour

Bad guns

Poor speed

Rubbish matchmaking (never top tier).

Whoa hold on!

Bad armour? Well it's a medium tank so it's not intended to brawl with the heavies. The armour isn't great but it's sloped so you can bounce some shots but if you insist on trying to slug it out with a KV-85 or a Tiger you are going to lose badly.

Bad guns? You cannot be serious! The 57mm gun on that is a complete and utter beast, pumping out shells every 1.8 seconds and while the alpha damage is low penetration is decent and even accuracy at close to medium range is good. With that RoF who cares if you miss one?

Poor speed? It isn't a Cromwell but it's an agile tank that does 56Km/h

It's a brilliant little tank!

Ragwin #6 Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:05 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22014 battles

View PostHidesHisFace, on 08 March 2015 - 12:55 AM, said:

Wow... you are wrong on SO many levels...

Let us analyse it, shall we?

Armour - around 60 effective if I'm not mistaken. It is not great but it has the best side armour of all tier V mediums, making it decent at side-scraping.

Guns - you get choice of 57mm of 76mm.

76mm is mediocre at best, comparable to equivalent guns of other nations. Let's compare it to its major competitors - Sherman and Panzer IV H.

T-34 gets worst aim-time and mediocre accuracy (better than M4, worse than Pz) and definitely the worst DPM value of the three. However, if you use 57mm (AND YOU SHOULD, there is no reason not to), you get the best gun of this type by far - accurate, fast aiming, fast firing and with monstrous DPM for that tier. Only alpha dmg is lacking and pen average (but with accuracy like this it does not matter). The only thing T-34 lacks is a derp gun but 57mm is just so consistent in doing dmg that it does not need a howitzer anyway.

Now, mobility - T-34 has comparable hp/t ratio to Panzer IV but far better traverse speed. Soviet med trumps M4 as well. It is also faster than these two - both capped below 50, while T-34 can easily reach 56hm/h. In fact, the only tier V medium that can in any way compare is Pz III/IV (better hp/t ratio but traverse is worse) or... Type T-34 (it is marginally better).

Numbers do not lie - T-34 is by far the best medium on Tier V if you do not plan on using a derp gun. As far as standard cannons go, T-34 has superior firepower and in most cases superior mobility. Armour protection is relatively weak, but good angles and even thickness allow it to side scrape and make it less vulnerable to flanking attacks of lower tier tanks or lights.

"Numbers do not lie - T-34 is by far the best medium on Tier V if you do not plan on using a derp gun. "

1 out of 50 games at tier 5.   20 out 50 games placed as scout in tier 7 games. All the rest at tier 6.  Tier 5 comparisons are pointless.

Lycopersicon #7 Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:07 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 10747 battles

View PostRagwin, on 12 March 2015 - 04:05 AM, said:

1 out of 50 games at tier 5.   20 out 50 games placed as scout in tier 7 games. All the rest at tier 6.  Tier 5 comparisons are pointless.

You are either totally out of luck, show some stronk confirmation bias, or play some other game. My tier spread with T-34 feels about equal. And playing in tier VI battles is no problem for this tank.

1ncompetenc3 #8 Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:12 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37338 battles

Worst tank EU. :rolleyes:

Lycopersicon #9 Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:20 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 10747 battles

View PostVonnis, on 12 March 2015 - 10:12 AM, said:

Worst and tank are good, but EU is unfortunately a bit outdated. Not that you can do anything about it. Some nice play there - the Fiery Salient game makes me wonder how much of the skill in this game depends on quick fingers.

Edited by Lycopersicon, 12 March 2015 - 10:22 AM.

1ncompetenc3 #10 Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37338 battles

View PostLycopersicon, on 12 March 2015 - 10:20 AM, said:

Worst and tank are good, but EU is unfortunately a bit outdated. Not that you can do anything about it. Some nice play there - the Fiery Salient game makes me wonder how much of the skill in this game depends on quick fingers.

I forgot 9.5 replays don't work on 9.6. Oh well.

By quick fingers do you mean reflexes? They have their place and can make the difference in clutch situations, but given the accuracy and aiming mechanics as well as server lag they're nowhere near as much of a factor in WoT as in most shooters.

Edited by Vonnis, 12 March 2015 - 07:30 PM.

Lycopersicon #11 Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:10 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 10747 battles
Reflexes of quick fingers, I mean the Comet. When normal people encounter a two tiers higher medium on open ground, they die politely. Well, you had someone else shooting him, too, but nevertheless, I would have made one hole into that Comet and then back to garage, because I'm such a nice guy. A bit like that Chi-Nu who set a siren off to tell you where to find him.

Edited by Lycopersicon, 13 March 2015 - 04:13 PM.

1ncompetenc3 #12 Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:14 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37338 battles
What can I say, T-34 is too rude to die just because a +2 tier medium rushes it. :P

Tankobatics #13 Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31452 battles
  • [DIEAN] DIEAN

@Lycopersicon: The Chi-Nu, yeah I do fine in that tank. Also the Type58 which I think got some of the characteristics the T-34 should have been given in the game to keep some of the erm.... hate to say it but here it goes anyhow: 'Historical counterpart'.

Anyhow back on topic, while discussing this papertank in another thread, someone protested that I asked to T-34 would be made OP.

To that I can only say that I am unable to see the point of having the T-34 matched against amercian tanks that are completely invincible in comparison. Cant pen, cant hurt them at all. When we're matched against those the best would be to find the nearest lake so we dont waste our time since the T-34 is unable to cause damage and will be shot up in minutes anyway.

So I can only agree with the OP, the T-34 is complete crap right now, and that is doing this very special tank a disfavor in WoT.

Lycopersicon #14 Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:28 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 10747 battles

View PostAanta, on 16 March 2015 - 10:06 PM, said:

@Lycopersicon: The Chi-Nu, yeah I do fine in that tank. Also the Type58 which I think got some of the characteristics the T-34 should have been given in the game to keep some of the erm.... hate to say it but here it goes anyhow: 'Historical counterpart'.

Anyhow back on topic, while discussing this papertank in another thread, someone protested that I asked to T-34 would be made OP.

To that I can only say that I am unable to see the point of having the T-34 matched against amercian tanks that are completely invincible in comparison. Cant pen, cant hurt them at all. When we're matched against those the best would be to find the nearest lake so we dont waste our time since the T-34 is unable to cause damage and will be shot up in minutes anyway.

So I can only agree with the OP, the T-34 is complete crap right now, and that is doing this very special tank a disfavor in WoT.

I am a little confused here. American tanks are not exactly known for their particularly thick armour. They typically sport a tough-ish turret and good gun depression, so they love to peek over some hill and give you hard time, but even then, M4 Sherman can be penned by T-34. In general, T-34, typically for medium tanks, can easily penetrate all mediums it ever meets, and with some aiming, all heavies (some even frontally, but this should not be attempted if you have a choice - you are a medium, afterall, you should slap their butt, not their face). As hull armour goes, I'm not quite sure but T-34 probably has the bounciest armour among tier 5 mediums - not that this can be relied upon, but it saves you against a random shell here and there, and allows you to ignore some lower-tier lights, for example. And if you absolutely must trade shots with something comparable, angle yourself slightly and you have a slight but non-zero chance of bouncing a few shots.

Edited by Lycopersicon, 17 March 2015 - 09:09 AM.

Omnichr0n #15 Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13550 battles

With the 57mm, the T-34 and Type T-34 are awesome tanks, and they can also teach you a thing or two about how to use medium tanks for the future.

The thing is... just don't get shot. You are not a heavy tank, and so you should play the tanks as if every shell will penetrate your armor, and take any bounces on you as a bonus. The tank is quite mobile, at least for having some sort of armor and a good gun like that (again, the 57mm gun).

I play my M7 a lot more these days as it is my fun tank, and I can tell you that T-34 is the worst tank I can meet on the field of battle.

Tankobatics #16 Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31452 battles
  • [DIEAN] DIEAN

@Lycopersicon: Well you managed to mention of of the very few mediums the T-34 can go up against, so yes Sherman is one of the few mediums it can fight and it's up to me any my skill then.

As for most other situations, it is just as you say, I hunt light spotters with the T-34, the tier VIII american medium and heavy tanks still are impenetrable unless I am very lucky and they show their side or rare.

I will be stuck with this T-34 for quite some time to come since I need to open up the tech tree in 3 directions on the soviet side here - so I still have to amass more points without researching so it wont go elite on me. Urrgh, yuck sigh.. well im not only stupid to do so but also very stubborn. =)

leoneazzurro #17 Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:51 AM

Major

• Player
  • 4628 battles
  • [S3RPE] S3RPE

You are not supposed to go against tier 8 with a tier 5. I sense fail platoon there...

T-34 with 57 mm is more than capable to pen everything it's supposed to go against, if not from the front on the sides with normal Ap, with gold it can pen everything, period.

ThePegasus1979 #18 Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22919 battles

It is an awesome tank.....speed, camo, view range, gun, armor (most times). Just pure love. Use view range and camo early in the game....later your circling capability....succeed.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by ThePegasus1979, 18 March 2015 - 06:33 PM.

Sams_Baneblade #19 Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17342 battles
  • [SA_LT] SA_LT

Avoid to play like: "Hey I hab a solid ruschian huztorikal tonk! Letz show to dat filthy Churchill VII how I can shred itz front armor. Yolo I rush to kloze kombat!" :P

I don't have tons of games with 1800 dmgs like the ones ThePegasus1979 shown (and no Excellence Marks since I don't play it very much now), but I have 650 average damage in it, which is nice. And it's the only tank in wich I got 3 Top Gun in 3 consecutive battles.
I often got 900-1300 dmgs in it.

But yeah it sucks. :P

Edited by Sams_Baneblade, 18 March 2015 - 06:59 PM.

ThePegasus1979 #20 Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22919 battles
It dont play it much as well, just 75 games, it is only a passing by station for unlocking T-34-85, MT-25, SU100 and A-43 ;)

Also tagged with T-34

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users