A-43 tier6 medium worst QQ am bad at tonks

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Observer413 #1 Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29171 battles
Hello there!
I'm currently trying to grind this thing, and i just REALLY struggle to make it work. Mostly because guns are awfully weak compared to what other meds get, the gun depression- or rather the lack of it, isn't the worst thing about it.
Surely, it's rather rushed opinion on the tank since i haven't even got an Ace tanker in it, i'm 30k away from eliting it and crew has barely a 99% of basic qualification- WITH VENTS, but: isn't it the worst medium tank we have on this tier? Alpha is bad no matter how you look at it, and penetration is still lower than what you get on AP/APCR on such stars, like germans with 75mm L/70, cromwell or T-34-85. And 2.8k creds for a 85damage(assuming i'm driving with 57mm) is a boner killer for me, really.

Before i played this thing, i though so about Sherman "Easy8", but that thing at least have a howitzer and gun depression, so i could hurt every enemy without having to use premium ammo whenever i see something like an IS, rudely not bending over in front of me for a spot of rough handling(if you know what i mean, hurr hurr hurr).

What do you guys and gals think?

PS. Thinking about it, maybe i shouldn't play it like i would play my other tier6 meds and just should put optics on this thing and coward-it-out like i did in my scouts. Gonna check it if it will work this way.

Edited by Observer413, 10 March 2015 - 04:41 PM.

Kruzenstern #2 Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2339 battles

I would say yes, the A-43 is indeed the worst tier 6 medium there is, by a pretty large margin. Especially when comparing it to the Cromwell, it has exactly zero redeeming qualities. But also compared to the others it had mostly shortcomings. The guns available to it are atrocious, its gundepression is pretty bad, it is big and has mediorce camo, and it isn't the most nimble tank either. The T-34-85 has a great gun, the M4-derivates have good gun depression and the option to derp (and the E2 has dat stronk turrent), the Cromwell is the best thing since sliced bread in almost everything, and even the germans, while not graced with excellent gun choices themselves, can at least choose between good pen and good alpha. And the new Firefly also gets a great gun to play with. A-43 gets nothing.

You can still dominate battles with it simply because it is a medium and at tier6 there are so many terribad players who can't deal with such tanks, but compared to the others in its class and tier, it is very lacking. I hated every minute in it (Probably wouldn't have if I hadn't had the Crommie to judge it by, but I did, so...)

Edited by Kruzenstern, 10 March 2015 - 05:07 PM.

Dis4ster #3 Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:38 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 28850 battles
It seems the soviet light tanks are in every way better than all the soviet meds up to T8.

narrwass #4 Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36612 battles
  • [NN9] NN9
Are you D*mb? I have A-43 and i love it so far.Im owning alot of tanks with the MT-25 gun. 1.94 reload and i still dont have BIA.

Observer413 #5 Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29171 battles

View Postnarrwass, on 10 March 2015 - 05:25 PM, said:

Are you D*mb? I have A-43 and i love it so far.Im owning alot of tanks with the MT-25 gun. 1.94 reload and i still dont have BIA.

Well i'm certainly not the smartest man around, since Mensa didn't bother with inviting me to their club so far, but i believe to play WoT the membership isn't necessary.

As for your love for A-43: the simple love for a tank isn't a testimony of its strenghts. I love M3lee and Awful Panther, yet not everyone is sharing my affection for those tanks. As for owning a lot of tanks: i would like to see you "owning" and "a lot of tanks" just for research purpose. :) Replays maybe?

XrN1 #6 Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14360 battles
  • [NRC] NRC

View PostObserver413, on 10 March 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

Hello there!
I'm currently trying to grind this thing, and i just REALLY struggle to make it work. Mostly because guns are awfully weak compared to what other meds get, the gun depression- or rather the lack of it, isn't the worst thing about it.
Surely, it's rather rushed opinion on the tank since i haven't even got an Ace tanker in it, i'm 30k away from eliting it and crew has barely a 99% of basic qualification- WITH VENTS, but: isn't it the worst medium tank we have on this tier? Alpha is bad no matter how you look at it, and penetration is still lower than what you get on AP/APCR on such stars, like germans with 75mm L/70, cromwell or T-34-85. And 2.8k creds for a 85damage(assuming i'm driving with 57mm) is a boner killer for me, really.

Before i played this thing, i though so about Sherman "Easy8", but that thing at least have a howitzer and gun depression, so i could hurt every enemy without having to use premium ammo whenever i see something like an IS, rudely not bending over in front of me for a spot of rough handling(if you know what i mean, hurr hurr hurr).

What do you guys and gals think?

PS. Thinking about it, maybe i shouldn't play it like i would play my other tier6 meds and just should put optics on this thing and coward-it-out like i did in my scouts. Gonna check it if it will work this way.

Every tank plays differently, and so does this one.

If you compare it to other T6 mediums, then yes you can quickly draw conclusions that it is bad based on X, Y and Z. 

It is different... and that doesn't necessarily make it bad or even worst.

If you try to play hull down on a tank with no gun depression, then yes it's terrible. If you try to shoot at tanks frontally with a low pen weapon, yes it sucks donkey balls. Solution? Don't do it, play to it's strengths.

It has a high fire rate, short aim time, pretty high velocity shells and it's a pretty agile and fast tank... all these things added together: this tank is pretty damn accurate when firing on the move

Head-to-head 1on1 vs other medium tanks... this one might lose but it also depends. For instance a Cromwell has a very decent gun that will most likely penetrate you, but there are some other tanks that will occasionally bounce a shot off of your A43. Compared to a Cromwell, it has less HP/T, but it has better a better traverse (44d/s instead of 36d/s). So while less powerful, it is a bit more nimble for cornering and circle strafing.

So my suggestion would be to either use the speed to find a good flanking sniper position to shoot at sides/backs/tracks, or close range support fire from a flank (peek and shoot until the enemy turns to you, just hide and either run or peek back out when he turns his canon away), or the light tank brawling style where you get close range, fire on the move and strafe your targets.

Players who enjoy the ELC style could to a certain extend use their drive by skills to .... drive by while rapid firing into the back/side of a tank and either circle or run away for another strafe.

The A-43 is certainly not a bad tank, I would say it's similar to the Cromwell, but with slightly different mobility (slightly less power, but agile), less punchy gun but fires faster and better accuracy on the move. 

Different tank, different play style.

skrki #7 Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 39162 battles
A-43 is more a LT than MT, ideal for flanking and pew-pew-ing  HP from unaware opponents
as other LTs it should avoid direct fights on range and as well in CQB [unless you can outmaneuver the opponent]
and it can shine when the battle is near its end

liked it more than the MT-25, but didn't fell in love either

VonKafe #8 Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20598 battles
Like if there wasn't Type - 58.

Observer413 #9 Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29171 battles

View PostVonKafe, on 10 March 2015 - 10:01 PM, said:

Like if there wasn't Type - 58.

What do you mean?

WilhelmMolotov #10 Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14111 battles
  • [BSVK] BSVK

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

Worst tier VI med? Are you tripping?

A-43 - Good frontal armour. 55km/h with good acceleration. Using the 76mm S-54, you can and will be able to deal with even tier VII heavies if you play a support role. It's got a beastly RoF and it's reasonably accurate. If you can pew pew 100-130 at tanks that haven't spotted you yet, you're sorted.

Yeah, okay, the turret isn't great but the pace on this tank makes up for it!

Worst tier VI med is obviously the Type 58.

lord_chipmonk #11 Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36189 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
A-43 is a lovely tank. The thing a lot of people forget when comparing with the Cromwell is the stats that do not show up in the garage. In these, the A-43 is vastly superior. It is not a tank for everyone, but it is a lot of fun. 

Observer413 #12 Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29171 battles
You guys say something that i find surprising: that you consider a Type58 as a worst tier6.
Personally, i value Type58 quite high right now, higher than Jumbo and VK3002M probably. I wonder what makes you think this way?
I love T-34-85 and consider it the best medium at Tier6 currently, and slightly worse "best tank" is still strong in my book :P

I don't want to write too much, so i will just say that Type58 has really nice, balanced gun for a tier6 medium tank(shoots often, punches quite hard for a tier6 med), mobility is ok and turret armor/gun mantlet works wonders against its own tier(if its any kind of a proof: i got 3 steel walls on this thing at around 200battles played, and i remember tanking even old KV-1S with 122mm with my face, from distance with good effect). Overall, in Type when i was top tier i always felt like im going to have a big impact on the game and that i could carry. In A-43, not really.

Sure that A-43 is faster, but i don't think difference in mobility is big enough to make up for the bad gun and weak turret(compared to Type).
But i understand that diffrent people prefer diffrent playstyles and i respect this.

Hell, all this talking makes me want to rebuy the Type. I think i still have its radioman somewhere in the gula... i mean barracks :P 

As for A-43: my grind is finished.
two ace tanker games i got in it:
http://wotreplays.co...bserver413-a-43
http://wotreplays.co...server413-a-43 

My final opinion is: its certainly an experience, playing this thing after playing other typical tier6 meds. If Awful Panther could be considered a good tier7 Medium tank with sh-t MM, then A-43 is mediocre tier6 Light tank with softer MM. After i started to play A-43 like i would do with a LT, it kind of started to work. But not being able to push the flank from the 1st line really bother me when it comes to playing MTs.
But I might rebuy it somewhere in the future, just for the "Hipster factor" of it, since it appears to be a rare tank.

tnk_x5000 #13 Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29239 battles

You are doing it right, since you started to play it similar to a light tank. But with "But not being able to push the flank..." I told me where are you making your major mistake - wanting the tank to work in a certain way. This is not how tanks work in the game - you need to adapt, instead of wanting tanks to work your way. You do not push flanks, you help pushing flanks. You do not fight face-to-face, you help thous who do that. And so on. This is not a main tank, it is a support tank.

As a light tank player, I enjoyed this tank and I had little problems with it, because the gameplay is familiar to me. But you are not a light tank player, this is why you had problems with the tank. Not because it is bad.

Naut #14 Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27255 battles

Just did a pools medal in it. I love it.

It has very high power to weight ratio, it can climb hills like nothing, it has high ROF, the gun is punchy enough for most other t6 and if you get in t8 just scout with it!

http://wotreplays.co...ville-naut-a-43

Dark_Cloud #15 Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:31 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18192 battles
  • [SPL1] SPL1

The A-43 is anything but the worst tank among tier 6 meds, I have played 4 of them, the A-43 has

been the best so far, by any means.

With that high rate of fire combined with accuracy, good-enough penetration and the speed & mobility of the tank it's quite the beast.

Bad gun depression? No problem, you move in lightspeed and your tank is in a better position in no time.

Bad alpha? Just pump out shots and see how damage racks.

Screw you and your crews, I had not all that good crew, no equipment and still did quite well in it

(I dunno well done but I had my fun at least, meh)

And as the last thing: what do you mean coward-it-out? I truly hope you don't mean suiciding, if you do that intentionally you only deserve to have your spine jumping off your back and beating you to a pulp.

But wait until you get A-44... That grind... Still the same T-28 gun on tier 7 o god no...

Anyway, A-43 kicks [edited], not worst tier 6 med, I loved  it.

lafeel #16 Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4964 battles
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE

View PostDark_Cloud, on 26 March 2015 - 08:31 PM, said:

The A-43 is anything but the worst tank among tier 6 meds, I have played 4 of them, the A-43 has

been the best so far, by any means.

With that high rate of fire combined with accuracy, good-enough penetration and the speed & mobility of the tank it's quite the beast.

Bad gun depression? No problem, you move in lightspeed and your tank is in a better position in no time.

Bad alpha? Just pump out shots and see how damage racks.

Screw you and your crews, I had not all that good crew, no equipment and still did quite well in it

(I dunno well done but I had my fun at least, meh)

And as the last thing: what do you mean coward-it-out? I truly hope you don't mean suiciding, if you do that intentionally you only deserve to have your spine jumping off your back and beating you to a pulp.

But wait until you get A-44... That grind... Still the same T-28 gun on tier 7 o god no...

Anyway, A-43 kicks [edited], not worst tier 6 med, I loved  it.

Easily solved, just use the top 76mm on the A-44, I use it on the A-43.

DuncaN_101 #17 Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:20 AM

Major

• Player
  • 55473 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
the A-43 is like an overblown T-50-2 (for those who can remember it) you can bully any tank with it ... i found this thing far more entertaining then the A-44

nighttrain123 #18 Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:38 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16845 battles

I found it ok, decent rof and acceptable mobility makes it a useful, although not steller, package.

Most stuff at tier 6 seems garbage due to the non-linear step up in power levels of tier 7 then 8 (tanks you have to face quite a lot).

Lost_Toddler #19 Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:36 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24882 battles
  • [RINSE] RINSE

View PostObserver413, on 15 March 2015 - 01:46 AM, said:

You guys say something that i find surprising: that you consider a Type58 as a worst tier6.
Personally, i value Type58 quite high right now, higher than Jumbo and VK3002M probably. I wonder what makes you think this way?
I love T-34-85 and consider it the best medium at Tier6 currently, and slightly worse "best tank" is still strong in my book :P

I don't want to write too much, so i will just say that Type58 has really nice, balanced gun for a tier6 medium tank(shoots often, punches quite hard for a tier6 med), mobility is ok and turret armor/gun mantlet works wonders against its own tier(if its any kind of a proof: i got 3 steel walls on this thing at around 200battles played, and i remember tanking even old KV-1S with 122mm with my face, from distance with good effect). Overall, in Type when i was top tier i always felt like im going to have a big impact on the game and that i could carry. In A-43, not really.

Sure that A-43 is faster, but i don't think difference in mobility is big enough to make up for the bad gun and weak turret(compared to Type).
But i understand that diffrent people prefer diffrent playstyles and i respect this.

Hell, all this talking makes me want to rebuy the Type. I think i still have its radioman somewhere in the gula... i mean barracks :P 

As for A-43: my grind is finished.
two ace tanker games i got in it:
http://wotreplays.co...bserver413-a-43
http://wotreplays.co...server413-a-43 

My final opinion is: its certainly an experience, playing this thing after playing other typical tier6 meds. If Awful Panther could be considered a good tier7 Medium tank with sh-t MM, then A-43 is mediocre tier6 Light tank with softer MM. After i started to play A-43 like i would do with a LT, it kind of started to work. But not being able to push the flank from the 1st line really bother me when it comes to playing MTs.
But I might rebuy it somewhere in the future, just for the "Hipster factor" of it, since it appears to be a rare tank.

Really don't understand your last point. The panther is an utter god tank. By far one of the best tier 7's. That accuracy, dpm (1840), penetration (!!!!) and aim time, coupled with good agility and a 1500 hit pool. Plus fairly bouncy turret and frontal plate, especially for a medium!!!

The tank is sick man. Makes me laugh how many people can't play it. Easiest run to two marks of excellence on any tank in the game. Rapes anything at tier 7 with that dpm, hit point pool and gun.

Pure madness.

As for the A43, it is poor and can not survive any kind of fire fight against equal tier tanks at close quarters. Everything can pen it and it doesn't even get a good gun with which to retaliate. Saving grace is its agility which allows you to stay at range and hit 1/3 of shots at long range at side armour etc, or to get in and spot/flank particularity late game. Not a fun tank and vastly inferior to the T34-85 and the crommie

Eila_Juutilainen #20 Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:41 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21434 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

View PostLost_Toddler, on 02 April 2015 - 09:36 AM, said:

Really don't understand your last point. The panther is an utter god tank. By far one of the best tier 7's. That accuracy, dpm (1840), penetration (!!!!) and aim time, coupled with good agility and a 1500 hit pool. Plus fairly bouncy turret and frontal plate, especially for a medium!!!

The tank is sick man. Makes me laugh how many people can't play it. Easiest run to two marks of excellence on any tank in the game. Rapes anything at tier 7 with that dpm, hit point pool and gun.

Pure madness.

As for the A43, it is poor and can not survive any kind of fire fight against equal tier tanks at close quarters. Everything can pen it and it doesn't even get a good gun with which to retaliate. Saving grace is its agility which allows you to stay at range and hit 1/3 of shots at long range at side armour etc, or to get in and spot/flank particularity late game. Not a fun tank and vastly inferior to the T34-85 and the crommie

Pretty sure the guy is talking about Aufklahrungspanzer Panther, the tier 7 scout. Not the tier 7 medium.

Also tagged with A-43, tier6, medium, worst, QQ, am, bad, at, tonks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users