50 000 credits just login to game - NICE job WG!

• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

FatigueGalaxy #201 Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:19 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 21678 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

This is first time I see somebody saying "we are happy with our current amount of customers so we won't do any more promotions and offers". I always thought in a good business, especially internet based business (basically no client cap - servers reached capacity? Upgrade them or buy new one) you always work to get more customers.

Servers are full and you are happy with the amount of players? Then we should have "EU3 cluster grand opening with massive specials and offers, not WG EU sitting and doing nothing...

Especially in a situation and NA and RU have some problems.

_DeadWolf #202 Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:48 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22907 battles
  • [B-MBT] B-MBT

NA server was nice for the short time I played there, didn't like the lag though (120ish ms is too much for me) but their gold offers were better, less £££'s and more gold. The community I found was also far more docile and friendlier than EU (aside from "cheat, hax, NOOB!, etc.), didn't even see any yanks trolling the mexicans to my surprise. I wish I could have been here from the start during beta to enjoy the baby years and from what i've heard a better game and community.

(Happy to say I started early with the Heroes & Generals beta on steam, War Thunder and Battlefield in 1 game :playing: you should check it out if that's your thing)

But this thread is hilarious, Ectar has to step in and start speaking to show there is life in WGEU and to attempt to calm the situation and save what slivers of pride they can scrape together as they see the community fall into chaos and rebel against them :D 

Keep digging that hole Ectar :hiding:

keep going...

keep going...

keep going...

keep going...

edit: the post above, that avatar is awesome but i used all my +1's :(

edit2: no wait still got one, +1 for you

Edited by Anonimaia, 12 March 2015 - 12:50 PM.

T0byJug #203 Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19444 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSlyspy, on 12 March 2015 - 01:53 AM, said:

What Ectar is saying is that specials are not freebies handed out willy-nilly. They are marketing tools with specific goals. I like the honesty.

Fixed that -1 for you!!

I just don't get the issue of the ungrateful people here. Its all i want i want i want! I cant think of any online game that gives as many bonuses and usfull bonuses as well and free stuff we get from wargaming.

Free Prem tanks are given for 1 reason! so the player base can see the benefit for Prem tanks and go out and buy more! Judging by the amount of Prem tanks i see in game EU has a healthy market in Prem tanks so they don't need to promote them! we have however had a number of eventst his year with up to 50% of prem tanks (and 15% of Tier 8) to encourage us to buy!

question any one remember how many free tanks we were given/could ern in the last year? im thinking 3 tier 8's a 7 a 6 and numerous lower tier prm tanks

Grimdorf #204 Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11658 battles

View Postjabster, on 12 March 2015 - 09:36 AM, said:

Well as we're doing gross generalisations here's mine. If you like the race to the bottom or stupidly expensive you've got it. Well the food may be almost inedible but heh, look how much you got and it was only $5.99 and let's not forget about the drink as much watery coffee or sugary drink as you like. Then again why not spend $300 on a pair of jeans just because there's a label on it.

As for customer service, personally I like to be able to walk more than 10 yards without being badgered by a shop assistant on commission - if I need help I'll ask for it and spare me the false pleasantries. Oh and while we'll at it England isn't so small that I'm likely to know every town in it and no they'll not all near London. Saying that I did once chat to a waiter who actually grow up only a couple of miles from me.

Last but not least, how are you doing today is a question not a greeting.

Some one doesn't like the yanks...:trollface:

But seriously yeah those were generalisations (which is why i did state them as such) but that does not make them less true.

eg Although junk food is very popular out there you also do not have to go far to find very high quality food at much lower prices than we pay in europe, wether it be from a supermarket or a restaurant. Like any where dumb people will eat crap while those with a brain will eat better for the same money.

T0byJug #205 Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19444 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGrimdorf, on 12 March 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

Some one doesn't like the yanks...:trollface:

But seriously yeah those were generalisations (which is why i did state them as such) but that does not make them less true.

eg Although junk food is very popular out there you also do not have to go far to find very high quality food at much lower prices than we pay in europe, wether it be from a supermarket or a restaurant. Like any where dumb people will eat crap while those with a brain will eat better for the same money.

and pay the 20% tip even if the service is CRAP!! God even mcdonalds staff in US expect a tip now!

Tete_B_Tete #206 Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2407 battles

View PostT0byJug, on 12 March 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

Fixed that -1 for you!!

I just don't get the issue of the ungrateful people here. Its all i want i want i want! I cant think of any online game that gives as many bonuses and usfull bonuses as well and free stuff we get from wargaming.

Free Prem tanks are given for 1 reason! so the player base can see the benefit for Prem tanks and go out and buy more! Judging by the amount of Prem tanks i see in game EU has a healthy market in Prem tanks so they don't need to promote them! we have however had a number of eventst his year with up to 50% of prem tanks (and 15% of Tier 8) to encourage us to buy!

question any one remember how many free tanks we were given/could ern in the last year? im thinking 3 tier 8's a 7 a 6 and numerous lower tier prm tanks

and how much people spend money to skip wz missions? how much people spend money for premiu acc to faster skip maratons?you rly blind omg....wg get much more money when they start this maratons (100k with all nation) why people so blind?you rly think wg give you premium tanks for free????:D

Edited by Tete_B_Tete, 12 March 2015 - 01:21 PM.

T0byJug #207 Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19444 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTete_B_Tete, on 12 March 2015 - 01:20 PM, said:

and how much people spend money to skip wz missions? how much people spend money for premiu acc to faster skip maratons?you rly blind omg....wg get much more money when they start this maratons (100k with all nation) why people so blind?you rly think wg give you premium tanks for free????:D

Read again i said  Given/could ern... Im not blind i just dont expect/think i deserve something for nothing!  

How many people payed to skip WZ missions? Well many probably skipped 1 or 2 nations so paid 20€ for a 45€ tank fewer still maybe skipped 3 so they still git the tank cheaper. I would guess the number that paid more than that to be very little

and the paid Prem to faster skip these marathons Well most of the resant XP based ones like the type 62 or t-150 was only base XP (so prem account made no difference) something i think was wrong as if players pay for prem time why should'nt they find the mission easer.

Im not blind But i am also not greedy! I play the game for fun! and i have fun! if wargaming offer me  something as a bonus this is cool! but i don't think i have the right to expect it! As Ector said very truthly. These offers are done to increase player base and revenue! If there offer douse not increase revenue there is no reason/benefit for war gaming to do this.

Fact is i have layed out  about 150€ in this game for over   2000hours of play! (13K battles so lets say  6 games and hour) so that's about 7.5 cents an hour!. I cant think of any other paid entertainment i use that has cost me so little

Edited by T0byJug, 12 March 2015 - 02:03 PM.

Murphy1up #208 Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:05 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11327 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View PostGrimdorf, on 11 March 2015 - 06:32 PM, said:

Well this thread has demonstrated once again that WG EU staff's replies to any major issue are written by the PR dept to have as little real substance as possible while trying to sound good. Excellent for a politican, bad for a game company's representatives.

We STILL do not have a straight, clear, comprehensive answer on anything, from WG EU's pathetic official response to unfair mods, to wether the different servers prepare thier own specials or are simply dictated to by Minsk, and so on.

Stop keeping bloody pointless stupid secrets, start making real decisions about things that affect the gameplay and communicate those to the players.

Some one at WG EU (or Minsk) should start accepting responsibility for things.

Weekend specials and missions etc are prepared by each regional server. A global event can be proposed by our head office due to doing something new being introduced or something very rare being made available (like free exp to crew exp, 2x exp for every win, discounts on all tier 9 or 10 tanks). It's not just the RU server that comes up with global events however, they are also proposed by other regions too. There is events where all regions will always have something awesome (Christmas/New Year and VE day for example). For other bigger events, it's option for a region to participate. In most cases a region not taking part is because they already have a plan/strategy in place or they want to see how the event is received on other servers (Not just received, but also what the participation is like).  There is never a guarantee that because something new appears on one server, it will come to other servers.  Sometimes it appears only on one server as a trial. Specials are planned roughly 2 months in advanced and are locked in with 1 month advance. They can't be changed at this stage unless there is a major/serious reason to do so. Off the top of my head this has only been done once in EU and once in NA in the past 3 years. I don't know if RU or SEA has had to change an event at short notice.

When it comes to special events on specific servers, it's normal for one server to have more bonuses during that event that other servers. There is no obligation or reason for a server to have to "make up the gap" so their region can have an awesome weekend also. We'd like to hope players can understand why during certain times there is a "big" event on another region and can understand that in a few weeks/months time they'll have something similar.  Over the course of a month, it's normal for most servers to offer players similar bonuses. They're just simply given out at different times for various reasons already covered in this thread. If it's not in a 1 month period it will be 2.  You have to remember we're a free to play game with a progression system. Giving away premium content all the time and allowing players to skip the progression kinda kills the desire for anyone to invest either time or money in the game. Keeping events interesting and as an incentive for a wide pool of players without simply being a model where each weekend tops the previous weekend isn't as easy as some players think. There is a limited amount of discounts bonuses that can be applied and we don't want to make things seem repetitive or predictable. Do we get it right all the time? No we don't and we never will because we're never going to have an event where everyone is happy. Each weekend, week or month various different players are looking for different things to help them along.

We're truly sorry we can't make everyone happy each weekend, nor can we guarantee you'll have the same as other regions. As much as it can see there is not enough, there can also be a case of having too much. 

A recent example of this would be when PAX just happened in NA. EU will have a similar big event during Gamescom as will RU for when Igromir happens. Whilst there may be multiple PAX events in a year, Gamescom and Igromir are 5-6 day events. It's hard to explain this sometimes as multiple times people just look at what another server is doing, and want the same. I can understand the desire for being treated "fairly" but then on the flip side it's not really fair that when another region is trying to hype up an event, what they do doesn't seem special because it's happening everywhere else too.  Exclusivity is always going to happen, otherwise special events are not going to be special. 

Grimdorf #209 Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11658 battles

Ectar, thank you for the information.

I, for one at least, do not expect all servers to always have the same specials, etc, at the same time, just so long as it generally balances out over time.

And that I think is the perceived problem with many people here on the forums.

Edited by Grimdorf, 12 March 2015 - 02:16 PM.

Adwaenyth #210 Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:26 PM

Major

• Player
  • 19570 battles
  • [F_D] F_D

View PostEctar, on 12 March 2015 - 02:05 PM, said:

A recent example of this would be when PAX just happened in NA. EU will have a similar big event during Gamescom as will RU for when Igromir happens. Whilst there may be multiple PAX events in a year, Gamescom and Igromir are 5-6 day events. It's hard to explain this sometimes as multiple times people just look at what another server is doing, and want the same. I can understand the desire for being treated "fairly" but then on the flip side it's not really fair that when another region is trying to hype up an event, what they do doesn't seem special because it's happening everywhere else too.  Exclusivity is always going to happen, otherwise special events are not going to be special. 

So we need a GamesCom Paris, a GamesCom London, a GamesCom Cologne and a GamesCom Warszaw to get more bonuses? Sweet, who wants to organize an exhibition? :P

22cm #211 Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26193 battles
  • [YARLY] YARLY

View PostWhitebeard_Pirates, on 12 March 2015 - 11:44 AM, said:

[edited]
Don t know what happened here, but I happen to be such a huge Petruzzi fan that I ll fix ur negrep. Hope they ll sack some WG EU employees soon.

Edited by 22cm, 12 March 2015 - 03:02 PM.

Oldum #212 Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7036 battles

There is a limited amount of discounts bonuses that can be applied and we don't want to make things seem repetitive or predictable. Do we get it right all the time? No we don't and we never will because we're never going to have an event where everyone is happy. Each weekend, week or month various different players are looking for different things to help them along.

We're truly sorry we can't make everyone happy each weekend, nor can we guarantee you'll have the same as other regions. As much as it can see there is not enough, there can also be a case of having too much.

Beg your pardon, but lately, "special" weekend missions are pretty much repetitive and predictabe ...

* Do the objective

* Get 2 or max 5  Large Repair / First Aid kits / Fire ext.

* Do it 5/10/25 times, get a day of premium / Cammo net / Something you can buy at least twice while you complete those missions

* Repeat next weekend

At least this was kind of a pattern for the last few "weekend specials" . And this is not about getting it right, it's almost like copy pasting the mission rewards and changing the story around it ... :amazed:

And again, with the too much thing ... aye , there is too much of Large Repair Kits amongst the mission rewards lately .. since you like mentioning Too Much all the time :P

Edit : And yes, I have checked the last 5 "specials" to be sure of the patter is there :P

Edited by Oldum, 12 March 2015 - 03:18 PM.

Technocrat_Prime #213 Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:29 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 32245 battles
  • [-TCC-] -TCC-

View PostManu, on 11 March 2015 - 09:16 AM, said:

and i confirm, it's playable on NA server, no big loose

if needed you play with low resolution

Please explain how packet loss and ping is related to resolution?

Xerkics #214 Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 9994 battles
  • [NRC] NRC
Free to play game , how I wish this was subscription based then there'd be no excuses like this. A lot of people already pay via prem

Grimdorf #215 Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11658 battles

View PostAdwaenyth, on 12 March 2015 - 01:26 PM, said:

So we need a GamesCom Paris, a GamesCom London, a GamesCom Cologne and a GamesCom Warszaw to get more bonuses? Sweet, who wants to organize an exhibition? :P

lol, :trollface:

Grimdorf #216 Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11658 battles

View PostXerkics, on 12 March 2015 - 02:38 PM, said:

Free to play game , how I wish this was subscription based then there'd be no excuses like this. A lot of people already pay via prem

Yeah, I miss subn based games tbh (played EQ2 for 3 years when it was, in its heyday). 

It stops the vast majority of terribad/waste of time players (not all ofc) when you actually have to pay as you tend to care more about playing the game.

Hammerzeit #217 Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33333 battles
  • [ATRAP] ATRAP

Block Quote

We're truly sorry

lol.

No, you're not.

Dis4ster #218 Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:51 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 28851 battles

View Postandi_b, on 11 March 2015 - 09:06 PM, said:

CTD =Crash On Desktop ..? Because i`m the kind of them,1 at 2 battles...

I had CTDs after i have added 2 new mods to my Mod pack, locastans vanilla reloadtimer and hp pool bar from armagomen. Now i don't know which one of them caused the crashes during the battleloading but without these 2 mods it works just fine.

fighting_falcon93 #219 Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32560 battles

This weekend (13.03.14 - 15.03.14) RU will have a weekend special where they will get 10% free xp instead of 5%, and being top 7 will grant you 500 xp, doing it 20 times will give you 10k xp. How come that we don't get more "varied" specials but always the same; repair kits, x2 crew xp etc? :unsure:

Personally I think that the best solution to this entire problem would be to have the same events for all regions since we are all actually playing the same game :)

FULLMETAL_91 #220 Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:15 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21562 battles

When it comes to special events on specific servers, it's normal for one server to have more bonuses during that event that other servers. There is no obligation or reason for a server to have to "make up the gap" so their region can have an awesome weekend also. We'd like to hope players can understand why during certain times there is a "big" event on another region and can understand that in a few weeks/months time they'll have something similar. 

So if i get this straight, we will get similar events to those on other servers in a few weeks/months to compensate for the lack of them now? Ok, i just hope we do not wait as long as for HAVOK,

Oh and yea i get the point that special events on servers need to be unique for that region so that they ....well stay special, for example 4th of july on NA server is understandable and i would not whine if on that date they get awesome events and we do not...... but now on RU server event for T 34 is called spring is coming..... doesnt sound very region specific imo....well i did not know spring comes only in Russia :trollface:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users