T28 Concept should have more Hitpoints

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

superdashi #1 Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:08 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 38672 battles
  • [GH05T] GH05T

This tank was designed as a heavy breakthrough tank. Compared to other tier 7 TDs of all nations, it has very view hitpoints. I find that somehow unlogical. 880 HP is like a T25AT, a Sturer Emil or Jadgpanther or SU152.

Shouldn't it be more in the region of the british AT15A (1050HP) or AT7 (1250HP)?

lord_chipmonk #2 Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36470 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
It currently has the HP of the pre buff AT-15A (close enough anyway). Without being familiar with its other characteristics, I can't really comment any further. Seems to have a better gun...?

superdashi #3 Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:58 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 38672 battles
  • [GH05T] GH05T

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 12 March 2015 - 12:15 PM, said:

It currently has the HP of the pre buff AT-15A (close enough anyway). Without being familiar with its other characteristics, I can't really comment any further. Seems to have a better gun...?

Not really. 880 isn't 1050 at all. All other tier 7 TD's are around 800-900.

I find the HTC and the british tier 7 TD's pretty similar in playstyle. Both well armoured, slow but with obvious, big weakspots. Differences are the fast reloading gun of the british and the (except the weakspot) unpenetratable, frontal armor. Even with gold.

But actually i'm not particularly talking about balancing. It's more about the feeling of driving this T28 HTC.

Tobiz0rZ #4 Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17970 battles
  • [DECOY] DECOY
I don't see the reason for why this tank should have more HP, as it has an insane gun arc for a non-turreted TD. It has really good armor and an allright gun for it's tier

lord_chipmonk #5 Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36470 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View Postsuperdashi, on 12 March 2015 - 12:58 PM, said:

Not really. 880 isn't 1050 at all. All other tier 7 TD's are around 800-900.

I find the HTC and the british tier 7 TD's pretty similar in playstyle. Both well armoured, slow but with obvious, big weakspots. Differences are the fast reloading gun of the british and the (except the weakspot) unpenetratable, frontal armor. Even with gold.

But actually i'm not particularly talking about balancing. It's more about the feeling of driving this T28 HTC.

I said the pre-buff AT-15A, which had 850 HP.

Haven't played the T28 HTC, so can't really comment any further. 

Lil_Nas_X #6 Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33315 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
HP is a problem when a. nobody can pen you and b. if tier 7 average is around 250, you can take 4 shots? Your own alpha is like 300 (not sure), so you can kill them before doing that. I can not actually see a problem.

TheR3dBaron #7 Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:57 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 36867 battles
  • [REMY] REMY
Got mine yesterday. This tank feels like at T28 at tier 7. Played one game, 2600 damage blocked by armour. Arty didnt target me, so I can't comment on that. The HP pool for this tank is good enough as it is if you ask me.

Rosetta_and_Philae #8 Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:11 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50692 battles
  • [WTFX] WTFX
This tank will more than likely get a nerfing soon enough.

73north #9 Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39788 battles

This was a lucky game - I find the tank to be very situational . and most games unless they are city maps , are not that good - its so slow and easily outflanked ( tank takes ages and ages to turn )

While the armour is great, this tank has multiple drawbacks. The armour is great only against opponents who are unfamiliar with the weakspots of the tank (miniturrets which are visible to all sides and angles).

Hull armor can be penned from all sides by using premium ammunition by most tanks it meets.
When armor can't be relied on, the health pool is quite low and T28 Concept ends up dead in a couple of shots. Popular Russian 122mm guns can 2-shot this TD on a moderately high damage rolls. And three shot is guaranteed.

Low pen and accuracy by tier 7 standards, not to mention by tank destroyers standards, combined with high ammo cost and non premium credit profile can make losses expensive, especially on non premium account.

Also the rate of fire leaves much to be hoped for as low pen and bad accuracy make non damaging shots quite frequent.

Low mobility combined with bad gun depression can make positioning for a shot frustrating.

However, when top tier it makes for a great corner fighter. Using a wall you can angle to hide one of your miniturrets, and the wall will hide the other.

The good gun traverse allows you to take a sharp angle, and bounce many standard rounds. It can be an effective city brawler in this way, although you still need support to prevent you from getting outflanked.
Finally even the crew training part has a drawback as only the tier ten tank destroyers (T110E3 and T110E4) from the American tree have the same crew layout.

Isharial #10 Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:36 PM

Major

• Player
  • 23587 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

since ive only faught them I can only say so much

doesn't need a buff, it really doesn't, its got good armour and the gun arc is the same as the pz sfl with stock gun, except you can do 300 damage to anything you come across..

I think low HP is the tradeoff for having good other stats, it might be slow, but you can angle it a lot, and peek a boo without shoving the whole tank round a corner, and then bounce a few shots while your there (not counting premium ammo because that's situational, and not everyone will use it, also negates the other TD's armour as well), how many other T7 TD can do that?

amx? no, might do, but big cupola on roof is hard to miss

st emil? no, can it even bounce a shot?

jpanther? possibly depending on opponent, still has to shove entire tank round to fire, risk of being tracked more, and more vulnerable to artillery in such an open space

T24/2? has a turret so can peek-a-boo, but cant bounce anything < same with the turretless version, this one like Jpanther

SU 152?  you'd be lucky to bounce, also very slow to turn, much slower than all the others, so easy to flank being so close

challenger? no, can peek-a-boo, but wont ever reliably bounce, if its even possible to

T28? can bounce, and can peek-a-boo, can be tracked like JP, but less easy at an angle, 1 track being completely covered depending on position

so comparing it to most other TD, in the same situation, the T28 is still competitive, so no buff needed, if anything, the others need a buff, like ST Emil, I believe that has the worst win rate in the game?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users