I'm sorry again, It needs to be said again.

guest273 WG

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

guest273 #1 Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:12 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 35394 battles
  • [DAILY] DAILY

This time it will be 2 different things.

1) Thanks for the tutorials. I now know how to use the base circles. Good job. Only took you 4+ years to implement a tutorial that actually teaches something. I love the section about driving backwards the most. If you go forward and get shot press the "S" key. Then you are safe. Because the enemy needs to aim so hard to hit you while you are driving in a straight line.

2) If you attract large amount of players in WoT then keep them attracted at the same speed. Currently I noticed that not enough beginners are playing tiers 1-4. Previously it was so easy to get 90% or more win rate on tier 2. So more seal-clubbers appeared. Now I'm struggling to keep it at 81-82%% for some tanks. every game vs tier 3 half of both teams tier 3 are premium tanks. Maybe they are not so good vs tier 5 but vs tier 2 they stomp the crap out of everything because every premium tank needs to have a large hit-points pool so he can do the standard "how noob kills you" thing by driving at you with WWWWWWW, rather than actually any logical approach. At least you stopped advertising so much on TV. 

eBulo #2 Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1161 battles
  • [NNWW] NNWW

Do you honest expect the newbie tutorial to teach you how to become a top-tier player or something?

Tutorials in MMOs are more for people that don't know the difference between their thumb and their [edited]. Actual skill comes with game-time and practice.

People that are constantly bad general don't improve, even if they watch crazily intricate tutorials. lol

I agree with the low tier thing though. I find tier 1-3 incredibly boring, even if you're in a troll tank like the Hotchkiss with derp armor or whatever. Tiers 4-7 are just generally more fun.

autophagy #3 Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1714 battles
  • [TMBLR] TMBLR
Maybe if you would stop farming the new players on the low tiers, more of them would play there because it would be more fun. Just a thought.

Laatikkomafia #4 Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:26 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 22371 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postautophagy, on 15 March 2015 - 04:07 PM, said:

Maybe if you would stop farming the new players on the low tiers, more of them would play there because it would be more fun. Just a thought.

If a new player would play against stationary bots or yolo-rushing LTs for 5000 battles, would he learn how to play T8?

No. Ofcourse there needs to be better players to motivate one to improve, learn good tactics etc!

autophagy #5 Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1714 battles
  • [TMBLR] TMBLR

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 15 March 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

If a new player would play against stationary bots or yolo-rushing LTs for 5000 battles, would he learn how to play T8?

No. Ofcourse there needs to be better players to motivate one to improve, learn good tactics etc!

Ah yes, getting killed right away without anyone explaining what exactly they did wrong is surely going to help them improve and it's not going to frustrate them at all.

Lol_N00b #6 Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:26 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 8561 battles
  • [BL33T] BL33T

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 15 March 2015 - 04:26 PM, said:

Yes. Probably better than he does now. Now he gets his [edited]beaten starting from tier 1, and he will think that the reason is a bad tank, and he goes up a tier hastily, hoping that it will increase his odds. But it never works.

Newbies having their 500-1000 first games safe from sealclubbers could actually produce better higher tier players. It certainly hasn't been ever tried in this game, and the end result can hardly be worse than it is now, judging from all those My teams suck threads in General discussion.

Proper training never starts with the advanced stuff but gradually increasing the challenge. They don't send rookies in the frontlines either without at least boot camp training. They don't send them to frontlines at all if they can avoid it, because there's no point sacrificing freshman troops with just the idea that it will cull out the weak.

Also tagged with guest273, WG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users