Stats-elitism

stats elitist elitism pro players newbies experience grinding noobs snobbism

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Militsiya #1 Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13843 battles

There seems to be an emerging trend among players that those who have XVM and are more skilled look down upon those who aren't. Now, this would be normal, noobs are always a bit problematic, but some players have became downright snobbish recently. There seems to be an emerging elite of skilled players in the EU servers, who seem to content that they're better than most others, and don't want anyone to come to their level.

These are the guys that frequently use stats as an excuse to belittle others, and seems to be their only form of retort when they get into a conflict, and these are the very same armchair commanders who, despite their skills, try to play solo, and hunt for experience, then complain about the team when they die, early on. Most good players keep to themselves (usually the most experienced players), but stats-elitist (somewhat good players, according to XVM, at least) are increasingly common.

To be honest, there's not much incentive to becoming a 'better player', if the so-called better players are worse humans, irritating, taunting, arrogant loudmouths - the "upper crust" that one would just want to scrape off, and swipe into the garbage.

autophagy #2 Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1674 battles
  • [TMBLR] TMBLR
Emerging? It's been like this for a long time.

steview162 #3 Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:51 PM

Brigadier

• Clan Diplomat
  • 33519 battles
  • [-T-O-] -T-O-

Bad players can be just as much tossers as good players. But you expect good players to also be good people? As in following some knightly chivalric code? I'm afraid not. The chances of them being arsehats are the same as if they are among the worst players. The big difference is they think they have carte blanche because of a colour from a mod in a game.

When i rage its just because i'm being a [edited].

John_Preston #4 Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17436 battles

It's not really a recent thing. It's been there since we have XVM.

View PostMilitsiya, on 15 March 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

To be honest, there's not much incentive to becoming a 'better player', if the so-called better players are worse humans, irritating, taunting, arrogant loudmouths - the "upper crust" that one would just want to scrape off, and swipe into the garbage.

You don't have to be arrogant to be a good player...there are plenty of nice ppl with good stats too.

I personally think that the "not so great" players shouting "noobteam"/"my team is idots" after they died in the firs seconds without doing anything useful are much worse.

artfulcodger #5 Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31221 battles
  • [TKSPG] TKSPG

There is no reason to be a better player. There is no objective.

There is no reason to Grind all the tech trees anymore.

The only thing you have to do is Grind the French autoloader`s. This is no rant at the French tech tree. Also just do medium tanks especially the Russian.

Also join a clan.

That`s it no more no less.

This is my personal observation and experience.

Don`t get me wrong i think world of tanks is a good game. But it has turned into an elitist player base. Where these type of players, who think that they will get famous and win gifts and cash courtesy of Wargaming. Are delusional at best.

So just Bimmbel along, do your best and forget these insulter s and silly players. :sceptic:

Major_Hunter #6 Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:49 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11219 battles
  • [61MEG] 61MEG

Well in  my opinion the thing that has spoiled the game for many players is XVM and their fancy color codes and WN8 ratings and everything that goes along with it.

I remember when i first started playing this game {Beta testing version 4.7 on the NA hell that seems many moons ago} you had no color code to see who was purple blue green or red so u never knew how good the blokes on the opposing side was. I left the game just after the launch of the game due to a insane real life work schedule and only started playing a while ago again after retirement and holly crap the game was like walking into a house filled with Xmas decorations and now everyone wants to be Unicorns and all sorts of stuffs lol 

Yes i am a re roll but that is because my ping on NA is 350 to 400 and tournaments and cw is like at 03H00 where as my ping on EU is 150 to 200 and cw and tournaments is at around 19H00 and yes i do use xvm but lets face it even running at what i see as a magical ping of 150 im still at a disadvantage to others who run at 60 or 70 and therefor i cant see myself as a so called unicorn player ever and that is fine to

I now play this game for the love of it and to have something to do and hang out with my clan buddies when im not fiddling with my cars

Yes yes i know  all this said i do use xvm and like everyone else want to be good at the game we all do cause we human and wanting to win is in our nature but ultamitly in my opinion if u start to worry to much about stats and becoming the wot hero it takes enjoyment out of it when things go tits up so just enjoy the game hangout with friends and blow stuff up

DD_Zooly #7 Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 11842 battles
In the early days of XVM the issue was win chance and some players decided that it was better to just suicide than attempt to win a low percentage chance (according to the accursed program), now its the uniscums and their love of the colour purple along with the sense/delusion of grandeur and their hate (and sometime disbelief) of players that are just playing for the fun/enjoyment (this doesn't necessarily mean they don't try though) of the game.  There is another game on the horizon and there are hopes that the community might not become quite as toxic as this one can get,  they say there will be no mods especially XVM.

Edited by DD_Zooly, 23 May 2015 - 11:00 PM.

Also tagged with stats, elitist, elitism, pro players, newbies, experience, grinding, noobs, snobbism

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users