• 4314 battles
Active spotting with the AMX 13 90 replay:

http://www.mediafire...kmzt7m0ideda4zb

OMG this was so much fun!

Luinil #262 Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1280 battles
I have just bought AMX 13 90 and noticed that default tracks have 1,55t in reserve, iirc you can mount all upgrades without researching tracks. Personally, I will probably go for 90mm first, because it has close to double damage than 75mm, and better penetration on the top of it. And I will learn sooner how to deal with 40s loading time.
Stock tank with upgraded engine from 13 75 has similar agility as its predecessor, so I think that new tracks and last engine can wait after gun. They are much easier to research than gun, though. Radio will be probably last, and then three week grind for Lorraine.

Dragonite #263 Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20266 battles
Im rather average player, but as everyone i have my "good days". Today had best match in AMX, and one from best in WOT at all in sense of influence for battle result. 4 kills, 1280 EXP (not doubled), 46k credits, playing with premium account.
This match proven me how deadly this little bug is, and how defendless are other tanks against it when catched without support. In fact i even felt a bit sorry in some moment when i seen that alone enemy cant do anything. Smartly played AMX is too fast to aim and hit in close combat, too small for "lucky shots", too fast for succesful retreat, and with full clip it can tear most enemies apart in seconds... So what if you meet 2 or 3 ? As you can see in replay, little AMX can take also some punishement, armour doesnt exist, but HP pool is big enought to survive difficult moments. Also T43 proved his bad fame as ammorack on tracks.
We had 3x AMX 13-90 in our team, and looks like with good playing those buggers can rape anything and do MORE than heavies, two surviving to end AMX's scored together 7 kills - its almost half of enemy team. Heres replay:

https://rapidshare.c...nberg.wotreplay

At end i must say that after this match i must agree with some players, AMX 13-90 can be seen as OP, and indeed - maybe it is somehow.

Mr_Sukebe #264 Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:14 AM

Major

• Player
  • 32373 battles
  • [ZOLO] ZOLO
It's all very situational.  Face more than 1 enemy and they're usually in big trouble.  Ambush an enemy in the right way and it can be very good, but then you could say that of a lot of things.
Had an amusing one this evening, got in behind a Jagdtiger who was solo.  Dropped all six rounds into him, still not quite dead.  Then had to drive just behind him waiting for 40 secs to reload.  How frustrating.

jacques15 #265 Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9905 battles
  • [-WP-] -WP-
Got to say i only have little over 20 battles with this machine, got all the upgrades already tho and this thing is a little beast. Got to admit this thing could use a little nerf since i think it's a bit op. Got my highest xp ever so far with this machine. So far looks like I'm going to keep this little beast even after i unlock Lorraine.

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_045.jpg   183.39K

Dan_Abnormal #266 Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32665 battles

View PostSpithas, on 08 February 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

3) I don't even need platoon mates to help me with tanks like E-75 cause the AMX 13 90 has enough HP to even forgive any mistakes i make. I can drive up to the E-75 eat it's shell, laugh, unload my clip into his side, laugh, move away, reload, come back , fuck up again and get shot another time, laugh some more, unload my second clip into hise side and kill him.

Then you must meet the magical E-75 that never does engine, gun, crew damage with two shots.

Again, it isn't agile, it has the agility of an oil tanker. It can't change direction or accelerate anywhere near fast enough to make it a ninja tank, the only thing it has going for it in those stakes is the top speed, attacking at anything less or stopping to shoot is certain death.

Edward_Teague #267 Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32642 battles
Amx 13/90 favourite targets

Tier 9
E75 ass and sides yes pls. All day.
4502B my amx 13/90 loves these things! Never going to bounce a shell on this!
T34 with it's fast rof less so.
Is-4 hmm I rather stay away...unless I am right on his tailpipe.
Frenchie amx tier 9, is he reloading? yes? Get some pls, if not stay away!

likeabosh #268 Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15098 battles
  • [MTBSZ] MTBSZ

View Postazakow, on 06 February 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

I assume you zoom in a lot and you have no rep kit/med kit.

Where do you spend your reload time?
What are you doing during reload time?

I would also like all my shells to pen.
I do not mind destroying heavily damaged enemies.

I know what’s happening on the battle field (my mini map is huge).
I am patient.
I act like a predator, I hunt actively for prey (drive by shooting) or I ambush my prey, but I only do either.
I know my limits, I know my current clip dmg potential, I'm able to count till 6, I always have an escape path available before I engage.

I'm very surprised, so many battles and still considering auto aim as an option to be successful!

:Smile_honoring:

That post pretty much sums it up :D Well put boss. From what I have learned, this tank is supporter/ambusher. Sniper? Rare occasions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users