Jump to content


AMX-13/90 - T7 light tank


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
267 replies to this topic

Wallie81 #41 Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 7107 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    07-23-2010

View Posttuccy, on 25 August 2011 - 08:00 AM, said:

So let's just say that after the war, Medium got kinda blurry transformed into MBT :)

Exactly that. The first tanks designed as MBTs only started to appear from 1960 onwards. Before that they were late WW2 designs that had been upgraded. That is the whole grey area. In that timespan, it is hard to seperate medium from MBT. Once the M-60, T-62/64 and Leopard 1 arrived, the MBT concept was set in concrete.

But this is all just a sideshow since WoT won't go there. It would undermine the whole game.

Waroch #42 Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:11 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 9689 battles
  • 3,332
  • Member since:
    11-18-2010

View Posttuccy, on 25 August 2011 - 08:00 AM, said:

That's generallyy how it was described in news about French tree...
Note: AMX-13 carried 32 rounds, ie 5 "reloads" and a bit.
What would be a nice feature - to be able to fill in empty slots in the autoloader before firing all shots. Say you engage enemy tank, fire 3 shots rapidly, then the tank is gone and you have time, so you pop down into cover and spend some time reloading these 3 rounds... Will have to suggest it ;)



I guess this will be possible, as player will always have the ability to switch to HE shells anytime (or it would be unfair).
So double-tap '3' then double-tap '1' and the trick is done ;)

Deleted_User_spa_746415 #43 Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:12 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 217
  • Member since:
    06-24-2011
? OL said you can only have one type of ammo in the revolver in one clip...

Waroch #44 Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:36 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 9689 battles
  • 3,332
  • Member since:
    11-18-2010
Yes, but change for a full HE clip then re-change for an AP clip :)

theta0123 #45 Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:36 AM

    Brigadier

  • Beta Tester
  • 7399 battles
  • 4,481
  • [FHA] FHA
  • Member since:
    07-08-2010

View PostWallie81, on 25 August 2011 - 08:49 AM, said:

Exactly that. The first tanks designed as MBTs only started to appear from 1960 onwards. Before that they were late WW2 designs that had been upgraded. That is the whole grey area. In that timespan, it is hard to seperate medium from MBT. Once the M-60, T-62/64 and Leopard 1 arrived, the MBT concept was set in concrete.

But this is all just a sideshow since WoT won't go there. It would undermine the whole game.
These tanks where also specificaly designed to take the roles of light and heavy tanks

Massdit #46 Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:10 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 7079 battles
  • 81
  • [79TH] 79TH
  • Member since:
    07-14-2010

View PostWaroch, on 25 August 2011 - 10:36 PM, said:

Yes, but change for a full HE clip then re-change for an AP clip :)
Right, but if you change for a HE clip, then re-switch for an AP clip, it is very likely to give you the previous clip, the one with only 3 shells remaning in it...
Hope it's not gonna be this way...

Waroch #47 Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:36 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 9689 battles
  • 3,332
  • Member since:
    11-18-2010
that would force them to write more code... I have full confidence in their lazyness :D

Hornet331 #48 Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:49 PM

    Colonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 16285 battles
  • 3,922
  • Member since:
    07-31-2010
After Playing the new T5 lights, I can't wait for the AMX13 if it plays anything like the M24 its gona rock hard. :D

Sintest1994 #49 Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:58 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10970 battles
  • 567
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011
I'm ok with the tanks from 1930s to 1950s,but I really dont wanna see the New 1960- Onward tanks the Game has this WWII/Cold war feel to it that I feel most of us like it and I have a feeling it will also stay that way.

Sintest1994 #50 Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:59 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10970 battles
  • 567
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011
I'm ok with the tanks from 1930s to 1950s,but I really dont wanna see the New 1960- Onward tanks the Game has this WWII/Cold war feel to it that I feel most of us like it and I have a feeling it will also stay that way.

Koo294 #51 Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:29 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 14907 battles
  • 737
  • Member since:
    09-13-2010
Posted Image

Stats as seen on WG TV.

Hornet331 #52 Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:08 PM

    Colonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 16285 battles
  • 3,922
  • Member since:
    07-31-2010
hmm i am quite surprised by the HP it has... light tank with medium tank hp.

But I am some what disappointed with the gun... 165mm penetration makes it nearly the same as the US 90mm M3 with slower reload time... I hope they really have implemented the revolver mag... else its a weaker T20...

Sotahullu #53 Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:39 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 15540 battles
  • 684
  • Member since:
    10-15-2010
I hope only that they corrected light tanks repair and cost credits or else we got a tier 7 tank whic got repair cost of Tier 10 heavy tank  :P

Koo294 #54 Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:42 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 14907 battles
  • 737
  • Member since:
    09-13-2010

View PostHornet331, on 30 October 2011 - 02:08 PM, said:

hmm i am quite surprised by the HP it has... light tank with medium tank hp.

But I am some what disappointed with the gun... 165mm penetration makes it nearly the same as the US 90mm M3 with slower reload time... I hope they really have implemented the revolver mag... else its a weaker T20...
Slower reload time?
T20 - 7.31 rpm
AMX-13 - 8.57 rpm
That's faster, not slower. Plus more penetration. Also, the AMX (being a light tank) will be faster than the T20. The engine H.P. may not seem much but it weighs less than 15t.

Conclusion: better than T20 unless it has really bad accuracy or gun depression.

methoz #55 Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:03 PM

    [CZSL] ČeskoSlovenská Legie

  • Clan Commander
  • 15267 battles
  • 1,068
  • [CZSL] CZSL
  • Member since:
    07-23-2010
engine have only 290 h.p.? :o

Sotahullu #56 Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:26 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 15540 battles
  • 684
  • Member since:
    10-15-2010

View Postmethoz, on 30 October 2011 - 04:03 PM, said:

engine have only 290 h.p.? :o


Well it's weights only 15 tons so it's more than enough.

Horsepower ration is 19.3.

Brazilski #57 Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:46 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 7189 battles
  • 1,118
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View PostHornet331, on 30 October 2011 - 02:08 PM, said:

hmm i am quite surprised by the HP it has... light tank with medium tank hp.

But I am some what disappointed with the gun... 165mm penetration makes it nearly the same as the US 90mm M3 with slower reload time... I hope they really have implemented the revolver mag... else its a weaker T20...

Actually I was quite pleasantly surprised by the gun. Bear in mind this is light tank not a medium, the gun should not be it's strongest point. Despite that it does as much damage as you may expect of any T7 medium and only has less penetration than the 100mm ID10T and German 75mm L100, the first suffering from poor overall accuracy and mediorce reload times and the latter being a very niche low-damage gun.


View PostKoo294, on 30 October 2011 - 02:42 PM, said:

Slower reload time?
T20 - 7.31 rpm
AMX-13 - 8.57 rpm
That's faster, not slower. Plus more penetration. Also, the AMX (being a light tank) will be faster than the T20. The engine H.P. may not seem much but it weighs less than 15t.

Conclusion: better than T20 unless it has really bad accuracy or gun depression.

Well I wouldn't dare say that. The T-20 has very decent armour and the AMX-13 will definitely have a lot less, if any at all. It can also mount the 105mm howitzer, which is much better at T7 than generally assumed. The T-20 is a very balanced tank, the AMX-13 will probably be much more of an assassin.

Koo294 #58 Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:28 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 14907 battles
  • 737
  • Member since:
    09-13-2010

View PostBrazilski, on 30 October 2011 - 04:46 PM, said:

Well I wouldn't dare say that. The T-20 has very decent armour and the AMX-13 will definitely have a lot less, if any at all. It can also mount the 105mm howitzer, which is much better at T7 than generally assumed. The T-20 is a very balanced tank, the AMX-13 will probably be much more of an assassin.
As much as i love the T20 (it's my favourite tank, along with KV-1S), i can't really think of any time its armour has saved me. 89mm of frontal armour is just as good as 40 when you're facing anything above T5, aside from HE shells from arty (but then they penetrate the top armour usually). Not really a fan of the 105mm, it only does 100-180 odd damage most of the time and it's not accurate enough for the way the T20 is played (it's hardly a brawler).

Brazilski #59 Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:40 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 7189 battles
  • 1,118
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View PostKoo294, on 30 October 2011 - 05:28 PM, said:

As much as i love the T20 (it's my favourite tank, along with KV-1S), i can't really think of any time its armour has saved me. 89mm of frontal armour is just as good as 40 when you're facing anything above T5, aside from HE shells from arty (but then they penetrate the top armour usually). Not really a fan of the 105mm, it only does 100-180 odd damage most of the time and it's not accurate enough for the way the T20 is played (it's hardly a brawler).

But the T20 can at least bounce lower tiers and keeps the HE exploding outside of the tank when they switch to it. Also you'll face a lot of short 88's in your T20 and they WILL bounce quite often on your front.

With regards to the 105mm, that's a matter of choice. My brother played with the 90mm a lot, then mounted the 105mm for lulz, harassing top-tiers and one shotting low tiers. Overall he likes it better than the 90mm, also because at T7 it reloads faster.

Tupinambis #60 Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:35 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 1,509
  • Member since:
    12-22-2010
I'm assuming that the RPM stat is TOTAL RPM over 1 minute, averaging out between the short reload between shots and the long reloads between changing canisters.

Overall sounds like a very good package!




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users