A tip from the pirates to the noobs out there

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

Unforgiving_Destiny #41 Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 49409 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Nice, the problem is the time "slows down" only for the object travelling with sub-light speed (in its local frame of reference).

So the shell will hit the tank immediately - from our point of view (in global frame of reference).

Dont_Stop #42 Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30488 battles
What about penetration values? HE has lower than AP.

Deamonlord15 #43 Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:18 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13019 battles
Very interesting but one thing caught my eye, were they talking about a normal AP shell or an APCR shell B)

Vanitar #44 Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:05 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 17930 battles
  • [BPZ_A] BPZ_A
We have pirates, we need just ninja clan and turtle clan :D I can joke too you know :D

MARMIST #45 Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 10646 battles
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

View Postemu87, on 27 July 2011 - 07:58 PM, said:

Pirates are always trolling.

:D  Temptation of joining is getting stronger and stronger  :D

Avoid using too large font size and writing in this style.

Edited by BigBadVuk, 28 July 2011 - 09:48 PM.
font size&writing style

Bodhiwan #46 Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 1426 battles
  • [TOGA] TOGA

View PostBloodbeard_Joe, on 28 July 2011 - 06:42 AM, said:

Excuse me but when YOU play you do something other than moving pixels on the screen ?
Of course not. Difference is I don't brag about my wins and start namecalling other players like there was no tomorrow.

View PostBloodbeard_Joe, on 28 July 2011 - 06:42 AM, said:

who the hell was bragging about anything ? this topic started as a joke and people started bashing at pirates as usual ...
You are bragging in every second post you make, calling other players noobs and whatnot. You are even bragging in you signature. That you are still allowed to post on this forum, let alone keep a thread of your self-confessed trolling alive for three pages amazes me. Can an admin please put a cork in this mess of delusional self-gratitude and noob-calling?

I'm starting to think the reason Pirates are winning is because nobody wants to play against people that have such a poor attitude and lack of basic sportsmanship. I'm hoping this guy is not representative for the clan, or else I certainly won't be playing against them. It really isn't too much to ask that the people I game with have at least a bare minimum of social skills and friendly attitude.

Arkhell #47 Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:31 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles
this all is totally unimportant cause it all depends on that the shell has the same average airspeed velocity as an unladen swallow else it doesn't work.

Coenraad #48 Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 10278 battles
I muct say that "vaseline module" made me chuckle :D

Shoeshine #49 Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13174 battles

View Postarkhell, on 28 July 2011 - 12:31 PM, said:

this all is totally unimportant cause it all depends on that the shell has the same average airspeed velocity as an unladen swallow else it doesn't work.

is that an African or European swallow :Smile-hiding:

Arkhell #50 Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles

View PostShoeshine, on 28 July 2011 - 12:41 PM, said:

is that an African or European swallow :Smile-hiding:

wait whu i don't know

=flys of the bridge=

Baine #51 Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 10702 battles

View PostBodhiwan, on 28 July 2011 - 12:11 PM, said:

Of course not. Difference is I don't brag about my wins and start namecalling other players like there was no tomorrow.

You are bragging in every second post you make, calling other players noobs and whatnot. You are even bragging in you signature. That you are still allowed to post on this forum, let alone keep a thread of your self-confessed trolling alive for three pages amazes me. Can an admin please put a cork in this mess of delusional self-gratitude and noob-calling?

I'm starting to think the reason Pirates are winning is because nobody wants to play against people that have such a poor attitude and lack of basic sportsmanship. I'm hoping this guy is not representative for the clan, or else I certainly won't be playing against them. It really isn't too much to ask that the people I game with have at least a bare minimum of social skills and friendly attitude.

Don't feed the troll.

Hellbanan #52 Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29640 battles
Nope, if you accelerate the shell to lightspeed the relative mass of it will increase to infinity thus bending the timespace continuum around it and create a huge gravity well that will eventually lead to the collapse of the space around it. In that process every tank of the enemy team will be destroyed and pulled into the well which will lead to 15kills for you and a Topgun/Wittmannsmedal. On the other hand it will also destroy all your allies and eventually yourself. So you will get a total of zero points and loose money.

Funny how people always forget about the general theory of relativity and the gravitation effects described there.

LT300 #53 Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 24243 battles
  • [PTS] PTS

View PostBodhiwan, on 28 July 2011 - 12:11 PM, said:

As long as there are "people that are intelligent and with a huge sense of humor"  (also called PTAIAWAHSOH) taking this post seriousely and replying to me THIS POST WILL LIVE

So thanks for being a PTAIAWAHSOH and contributing to my TROLLING MASTERPIECE :)

PS : "I'm starting to think the reason Pirates are winning " Thanks for admitting we are AWESOME

LT300 #54 Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 24243 battles
  • [PTS] PTS

View PostHellbanan, on 28 July 2011 - 01:45 PM, said:

Nope, if you accelerate the shell to lightspeed the relative mass of it will increase to infinity thus bending the timespace continuum around it and create a huge gravity well that will eventually lead to the collapse of the space around it. In that process every tank of the enemy team will be destroyed and pulled into the well which will lead to 15kills for you and a Topgun/Wittmannsmedal. On the other hand it will also destroy all your allies and eventually yourself. So you will get a total of zero points and loose money.

Funny how people always forget about the general theory of relativity and the gravitation effects described there.

Yes this is why you SHOULD NOT fire at light speed , its too dangerous

And with WW2 tanks firing with rifled guns , imagine the wear on the grooves .... your gun lifespan will be too short BWAAAAHAHAHAHA

LT300 #55 Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 24243 battles
  • [PTS] PTS

View Postkstoff, on 28 July 2011 - 10:10 AM, said:

Nice, the problem is the time "slows down" only for the object travelling with sub-light speed (in its local frame of reference).

So the shell will hit the tank immediately - from our point of view (in global frame of reference).

No it wont, time does not slow down or accelerate in the same frame of reference .... the formula i submitted is correct 1 second for an shell moving at light speed is still one second.

However it is eternity to the tank that fired it.

In the same way the length of the shell and its mass increase in the same way.

So if you fire a shell at light speed its mass will be infinite and it will become the heaviest object in the universe (and the largest too) and its gravity will suck down EVERYTHING

Now you will ask me why this does not happen to photons ? its because the mass of a photon = 0 so 0 x infinity = 0

Oh ffs this is why light speed is a physical limit you can't reach ..... use less powder in your shell or you will destroy the universe.

But if you really insist at firing at light speed : use a laser cannon, thats what we use at pirates in Clan Wars.

klesk #56 Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28883 battles

View PostBloodbeard_Joe, on 27 July 2011 - 06:25 PM, said:

Therefore the target tank will have all the time of the world to dodge the incoming shell because that shell travelling that fast will be at the spot a few years after the target was there !!!

Acctually the shell will become really tiny, the time of the shell will pass quicker (from our perspective), so the shell will see us in slow-motion, and shells mass will become 8 rotated by 90 degres.

So when shell hits something it will automaticly turn it into a pink duracell rabbit and that will be the apocalipse.

LT300 #57 Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 24243 battles
  • [PTS] PTS

View Postklesk, on 28 July 2011 - 02:12 PM, said:

Acctually the shell will become really tiny, the time of the shell will pass quicker (from our perspective), so the shell will see us in slow-motion, and shells mass will become 8 rotated by 90 degres.

So when shell hits something it will automaticly turn it into a pink duracell rabbit and that will be the apocalipse.

Whatever ... but at least we all agree that firing fast AP rounds is too dangerous and that you shoud use HE instead !

helli #58 Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:21 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2333 battles

View PostBloodbeard_Joe, on 28 July 2011 - 02:03 PM, said:

No it wont, time does not slow down or accelerate in the same frame of reference .... the formula i submitted is correct 1 second for an shell moving at light speed is still one second.

However it is eternity to the tank that fired it.

In the same way the length of the shell and its mass increase in the same way.

So if you fire a shell at light speed its mass will be infinite and it will become the heaviest object in the universe (and the largest too) and its gravity will suck down EVERYTHING

Now you will ask me why this does not happen to photons ? its because the mass of a photon = 0 so 0 x infinity = 0

Oh ffs this is why light speed is a physical limit you can't reach ..... use less powder in your shell or you will destroy the universe.

But if you really insist at firing at light speed : use a laser cannon, thats what we use at pirates in Clan Wars.

The understanding of phisics is weak in you my young padwan.... but damn is the power of trolling strong! ;)

che0po #59 Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:23 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 6329 battles
I know that this ( by "this" I mean your post )  is a troll , and i know that my reply is just feeding the troll watermill . But what I can't bear is that :
Why when we ( other players than pirate clan ) write a troll , we get imediately a ban RO only for trolling , insut and attacks , whereas when it s pirates , no moderator is her to fix things .
Are you giving your treasure and your ships to the mods so that they let you troll whitout any punishement ?!

I edited my post rather than feeding you

LT300 #60 Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 24243 battles
  • [PTS] PTS

View Postche0po, on 28 July 2011 - 02:23 PM, said:

I know that this is a troll , and i know that my reply is just feeding the troll watermill . But what I can't bear is that :
Why when we ( other players than pirate clan ) write a troll , we get imediately a ban RO only for trolling , insut and attacks , whereas when it s pirates , no moderator is her to fix things .
Are you giving your treasure and your ships to the dev so that they let you troll whitout any punishement ?!

OMG you are admitting that you wrote a troll ? i'm going to report you now

SIR : YOU HAVE JUST BEEN TROLLED ... TROLOLOLOLOOOOOOO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users