Banlist

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

Nosferat1 #1 Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:22 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
It is really annoying that no one managed to make a banlist of some sort for this game.

I know this is not warcraft, however I would like a feature where people I know that ruined my matches will not play with me again. They should play with others that have them not flagged as "banned" however I do not want to play with people who teamkilled me, or quit the game when I needed them or started to mass spam the chat with useless stuff.

Every game or every second game there are retards who spam the chat with useless shit that no one really is interested in or cares about, or mass clicking on the map as if we did not know the enemy will be coming from there. I would like to ignore such people so that I could actually enjoy playing.

Then there are those who kill you intentionally while in your team. You know not the ones that actually apologize, but the ones that start randomly shooting at you just because they can.
I do not know, maybe daddy touched them somewhere when they were little and know they pour their childhood frustrations out on me in the game.

Lastly there are the ones who quit just before you kill them, these are the lowest kind of animals you can find in the gaming world.  

It really is needed this banlist, at least that way we could sort out the ones we want to play with. Let team killers play with team killers, let mass chat spammers play with spammers, trolls with trolls and let people who want to enjoy WOT play with those who also want to enjoy a good round of WOT.

In warcraft 3 this was a very useful feature, hopefully some day I will see something similar to that in Wot.

Samuta #2 Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:32 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
It seems to me that you got some interesting games all the time.
Plus, I feel lucky that this happens only once in a day or so. Never encountered a real teamkiller, yes some damage shots but not a kill.
The spammers, well they are always going to be there, just ignore them. It is possible and sometimes it is pretty funny :D
The quitters, not had anyone at all who did that so I must be a very lucky person I think.

Just try to keep the good times and remove the bad times out of your memory and don't get angry on them because it costs you only energy and gives no result at all.

Grtz

XiTiX #3 Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
What are the chances seeing the same person in random battle? I guess they are pretty slim. Maybe too slim to actually bother and implement such banlist and put some more strain on Mr.Matchmaker who will have to keep all such do's and don'ts in mind.

Nosferat1 #4 Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:43 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostXiTiX, on 28 July 2011 - 09:34 AM, said:

What are the chances seeing the same person in random battle? I guess they are pretty slim. Maybe too slim to actually bother and implement such banlist and put some more strain on Mr.Matchmaker who will have to keep all such do's and don'ts in mind.

It depends at what hours you play. For instance I usually have time early in the mornings, rarely in the afternoons. Mornings there are not so many players online so there are quite good odds to play with the same person even 4 games in a row.

Daytime, sure your odds of playing with the same guy again are slim, however banlist was good for you and for the community. You provided screenshots and videos, warning other players about someone who intentionally tried to ruin the game for everyone else.

I remember till this day a certain player, he was of German nationality, won't reveal his nickname here. He constantly started spamming the chat in German, thinking that I do not understand the language, not doing anything, just spamming the chat, calling everyone a noob, gay and so on. Finally he exited the game by killing me, was with my hummel back then( he spammed the chat, killed me and then quit). About 2 days later, guess what,same player, ruins another game, this time he blocked 2 Tiger tanks with his T29 so that all 3 died from arty shells(again he spammed the chat, blocked the tanks, called everyone noob and then when because of his intentional blocking 2 other allied tanks died, he called everyone noob again and then exited the game)

In total I had at least 15 games with that guy, not one time was it a good game,every time he did something to mess up the game for the whole team.  And there are others, since the servers do not have hundreds of thousands of players  that play at the same time. You do have chances quite big ones to meet the same player at least 4-5 times in a day.  In the mornings when there are only 2-4K players the chances are big since there aren't enough players.

With a banlist feature I could make those people go away, let others play with them. Heck I would even wait longer with the matchmaker, you know as in I click battle, matchmaker finds a game but it is a game with the player I do not want to play with, so it asks me if I want to enter the game, I click no and click on battle again and play with people that I want to play with. I know it would be quite difficult to implement such a feature, but I think it would be a good thing.

hootmaroot #5 Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:05 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
http://forum.worldof...es-enforcement/

there you go your banned list all you have to do is search for a name and you should find it

XiTiX #6 Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:39 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Posthootmaroot, on 28 July 2011 - 10:05 AM, said:

http://forum.worldof...es-enforcement/
there you go your banned list all you have to do is search for a name and you should find it
It's not what the OP is after, is it? I personally don't see need for such thing, because if someone just spams the chat, there is ignore button already. If he behaves in way that is breaking the rules I will report him and the consequences will be harsher and positive for wider player base than just me having the privilege not to play with him.

Grantig #7 Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
And in the end, those ******* would be forced to play with each other only, after anyone else had banned them.

I'd love to see on of those matches... consisting of 15 people per team only spamming the minimap for 14 minutes and then ragequitting the battle altogether.  :D