Jump to content


Mittengard.

guest273 Mittengard WG Begginers fail WG fail map suicide arena

  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

guest273 #1 Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:40 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 37018 battles
  • 2,579
  • [JORM] JORM
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012
So Mittengard is available for only tiers 2-3. That means - it must be a learning map. Well what do you learn in it? How to die quick? Good job WG, next time you implement a map please make sure it teaches scouting and camouflage rather than fear and the feeling of helplessness. Or you figured out that making tutorials on spotting would be too hard, so it's much more easy to make these maps not frequent? Amazing. So beginners start to fear this map so rather than staying in tiers 2-3 they go to learn at tiers 4-5 where they get stomped even harder...amazing. You are an amazing company WG. If you really want interesting battles in ESL for example then make more maps with flanking possibilities and bushes. So you could sneak up and surprise the enemy rather than sitting afk in the only bush and seeing half the map. Mittengard teaches only to hide and fear or die thought a small hole from any direction, you also learn how to get ammo-racked going down hill and how to ram allies. Terrible map design. Also the afk's that wake up 2min in the game are dead at the first 20sec. Arenas are good for experienced players, not for learning ones. Mittengard is exactly like WG now-a-days. Small, lacks imagination, symmetrical, failing to reward good players. Please make this map a bit bigger, path up the small holes, demolish the church area - or make it accessible, put some bushes. Playing an FCM pak you get minimum 8 spots at the start.

lord_chipmonk #2 Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:21 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 36526 battles
  • 10,279
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012
Mittengard is a travesty of a map in every respect. It has, IMHO, no redeeming features. 

FatPiggyBank #3 Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:13 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 387 battles
  • 36
  • [FOXY] FOXY
  • Member since:
    01-14-2015
I CTD at startup once, I was dead immediately... sad piglet.

TotallyNotVonnisYouGuise #4 Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:43 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 56 battles
  • 598
  • Member since:
    07-25-2014

If you think tiers II and III are good for learning regardless of the map you have some very strange ideas about this game.

 

Commencing standard low tier/Mittengard discussion reply.

 

View PostVonnis, on 04 March 2015 - 07:19 PM, said:

Funnily enough I used to think Mittengard was an absolutely terrible map, but the more I think about it the more I believe it's actually perfect for the tiers that play on it. The highest tank tier that can play on this map is III, and tier I-III games are already a bad place to learn to play:

Most of those tanks are have limited view range, many of them carry a machine gun that can take most tanks out by auto-aiming on them and holding LMB for a few seconds since most of those tanks don't have any real armour to speak of, but can't do anything at range. Even the regular anti-tank guns reload so fast that given the small HP pool these vehicles have, two very low tier tanks will kill each other a hell of a lot faster than two high tier tanks could hope to achieve since the average DPM per tier doesn't increase as much as the average HP as you go up the tiers. The same is true for average penetration versus effective armour.

Couple this with the fact that since most of the players at these low tiers are new to the game so even fewer of them have some idea of what they're doing than in high tiers, and most of these battles are a clustervuk where most players do one of two things: they happily drive forward into the open which they survive until a few seconds after they're spotted, or they've already done that a few times and have now decided to drive up to the nearest bush or building to their spawn location and quite literally guard it with their lives. Most engagements are quite short either because members of both teams found each other in a map where they can approach to relatively close distance without being spotted and subsequently destroy each other in seconds, or because the suiscouts didn't last long and everyone else is sitting back far enough to be able to spot exactly nothing.

For this environment, Mittengard is perfect. It's open enough that most tanks are spotted constantly so you don't see one team obliterating the other just because it has one player with binos and the other doesn't, yet there's enough buildings and rubble for tanks to take cover behind and be able to move around in relative safety if they want to try to flank or just relocate. It's a small map so everyone gets stuck in right away, which would normally be idiotic but given the chaotic nature of low tier battles actually isn't much of a problem. You're not going to learn much about the actual gameplay in higher tier battles, but that's not so much due to the map as it is due to the fact that from battle tier IV up the gameplay is completely different to tier I-III.

 



OnlyGo0odTanks #5 Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:18 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1642 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    12-24-2013

View PostTotallyNotVonnisYouGuise, on 23 March 2015 - 01:43 AM, said:

" ...yet there's enough buildings and rubble for tanks to take cover behind and be able to move around in relative safety if they want to try to flank or just relocate."

 

You have never obviously played this map...

 

1) Tier 1 don't go there.

2) The rubble has so many holes it's more of a deceiver of safety (because there is almost no safety). An experienced player there has the same chances to hit someone trough the rubble as an inexperienced one that just noticed an interesting hole. That is BS. Good players should be abusing the terrain (in any tier) because they know positions from which it is possible. Mittengard has too many of these "positions".

3) Relocation...oh god how many times I've got stuck in 1 position unable to move without taking damage... every 2nd game on it. You can not relocate unspotted even with full camo crew.

 

There should be tutorials for view range and camo in the first place. Making gladiator arena maps is not an excuse why there are no tutorials what so ever.



tomatoRNGmaster #6 Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:25 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 39057 battles
  • 12,552
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostOnlyGo0odTanks, on 29 March 2015 - 09:18 AM, said:

 

You have never obviously played this map...

 

1) Tier 1 don't go there.

2) The rubble has so many holes it's more of a deceiver of safety (because there is almost no safety). An experienced player there has the same chances to hit someone trough the rubble as an inexperienced one that just noticed an interesting hole. That is BS. Good players should be abusing the terrain (in any tier) because they know positions from which it is possible. Mittengard has too many of these "positions".

3) Relocation...oh god how many times I've got stuck in 1 position unable to move without taking damage... every 2nd game on it. You can not relocate unspotted even with full camo crew.

 

There should be tutorials for view range and camo in the first place. Making gladiator arena maps is not an excuse why there are no tutorials what so ever.

 

1) Didn't say they did; not that it's relevant in any way, shape or form.

2) Interesting, my low tier premiums must all have forcefields or play on a different version of the map or something.

3) Pick your positions better? There are gaps you need to cross, yes. Don't cross those when spotted or when your engine is knocked out. :rolleyes:



HE_DP #7 Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:10 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 14873 battles
  • 61
  • Member since:
    07-10-2011

When the Province map was new I loved the meatgrinder effect, but Mittengard is really the best. I think the problem is more with slow-thinking heavy tank drivers who can't find a reliable corridor to wait in.

 



Obsessive_Compulsive #8 Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:36 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 28763 battles
  • 8,481
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014

Mittengard forces players do 1 of 2 things. Seek cover and make use of it or DIE!!!!!!!!!!

 

what other map is so clear in its purpose?

 

 



BusterGut1 #9 Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:29 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 7477 battles
  • 75
  • Member since:
    10-19-2014
I've only played this twice with a tank, pz1c and a vickers medium mk3. All the other times its been with arty and its pointless for arty,. best thing is to go and drown or if not poss get up to a pile of rocks and self destruct.

battlecry123 #10 Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:09 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9953 battles
  • 564
  • Member since:
    04-04-2013

View PostSmeeeeg_Heeeeed, on 29 March 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

Mittengard forces players do 1 of 2 things. Seek cover and make use of it or DIE!!!!!!!!!!

 

what other map is so clear in its purpose?

 

 

 

all that teaches new players is the you either suicide trying to win or camp and die the map is crap and who ever thought of it should be sacked for not doin his job

 



Boo_Bee #11 Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:52 AM

    Clan Commander

  • Clan Commander
  • 51175 battles
  • 675
  • [BL33T] BL33T
  • Member since:
    06-28-2013

I have to agree with Vonnis on this. I can agree that if this was the ONLY map the low tiers play it would be a joke but it is not the only one.

 

I see this map teaching the low tiers how to brawl, hide, be creative and be aware around you. I see it as a compliment to the other maps they play, preparing them for what awaits in the higher tiers. The FCM Pak40 spotting everyone is in my opinion not really that bad. It makes the newbie notice the minimap (yeah, perhaps) and that is something they must learn too. It's fun for the Pak40 players but not a BAD feature as such.

 

The artys being somewhat hidden is a good feature too. The newbies have to learn to hunt and kill them along with the escorts that hide there. So what does it teach them?

 

1. Brawling.

2. Seeing the minimap.

3. Cover is important.

4. Being arty safe.

5. How to hunt and kill arty.

6. Watching your flank.

7. What happens without teamwork.

 

Is this so bad? I agree other maps teach these skills too but do all the low tier maps without Mittengard teach all the skills needed?



battlecry123 #12 Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:45 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9953 battles
  • 564
  • Member since:
    04-04-2013
Good for fast agile tanks but slow French tanks totally useless map not a chance in hell. This should be removed .WG put this garbage in the rota and take out good fighting maps like dragons ridge which some of us never had the chance to play on .........WHY?

22cm #13 Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:50 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 26193 battles
  • 1,210
  • [YARLY] YARLY
  • Member since:
    05-01-2013

Should be removed, it s illogical and unrealistical. There is no way for the tanks to reach the starting area on that stupid map unless they teleport there. Because of this is the worst map.

 


Edited by 22cm, 06 May 2015 - 11:51 PM.


Gasmask_Terr0r #14 Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:31 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9979 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    01-30-2015
i think its the nuketown of WOT.

battlecry123 #15 Posted 16 May 2015 - 10:33 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9953 battles
  • 564
  • Member since:
    04-04-2013

View PostStanleyTweedle, on 04 May 2015 - 08:52 AM, said:

I have to agree with Vonnis on this. I can agree that if this was the ONLY map the low tiers play it would be a joke but it is not the only one.

 

I see this map teaching the low tiers how to brawl, hide, be creative and be aware around you. I see it as a compliment to the other maps they play, preparing them for what awaits in the higher tiers. The FCM Pak40 spotting everyone is in my opinion not really that bad. It makes the newbie notice the minimap (yeah, perhaps) and that is something they must learn too. It's fun for the Pak40 players but not a BAD feature as such.

 

The artys being somewhat hidden is a good feature too. The newbies have to learn to hunt and kill them along with the escorts that hide there. So what does it teach them?

 

1. Brawling.

2. Seeing the minimap.

3. Cover is important.

4. Being arty safe.

5. How to hunt and kill arty.

6. Watching your flank.

7. What happens without teamwork.

 

Is this so bad? I agree other maps teach these skills too but do all the low tier maps without Mittengard teach all the skills needed?

 

okay I understand that but please explain how the hell do you get slow tanks like the French tds into position before you get shot to hell ?

Boo_Bee #16 Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:24 AM

    Clan Commander

  • Clan Commander
  • 51175 battles
  • 675
  • [BL33T] BL33T
  • Member since:
    06-28-2013

View Postbattlecry123, on 16 May 2015 - 10:33 PM, said:

 

okay I understand that but please explain how the hell do you get slow tanks like the French tds into position before you get shot to hell ?

 

Be ninja.

 

Seriously though. I found 2 positions that work for me. One is straight ahead and behind the building in front of the cap, (you can choose to cover both directions), and the other is to hug the line of the hill to head towards arty. Depending on the other team, when in cover you can choose a standoff on the outside or swing round and wait close to the central hill for targets to cross your line of fire.

 

This might help.http://www.vbaddict.net/heatmaps/mittengard/67


Edited by StanleyTweedle, 17 May 2015 - 10:31 AM.


JuanCudz #17 Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:03 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 33532 battles
  • 335
  • Member since:
    02-21-2013
Mittengard taught me one thing, how to rage quit at countdown.:angry:

Boo_Bee #18 Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:34 PM

    Clan Commander

  • Clan Commander
  • 51175 battles
  • 675
  • [BL33T] BL33T
  • Member since:
    06-28-2013

View PostJuanCudz, on 28 May 2015 - 02:03 PM, said:

Mittengard taught me one thing, how to rage quit at countdown.:angry:

 

Hahaha 18K battles and you just learned that now? Gee... I learned that a loooooong time ago. :teethhappy:

warmagnet123 #19 Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:57 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5671 battles
  • 613
  • Member since:
    06-23-2013

View PostTotallyNotVonnisYouGuise, on 23 March 2015 - 12:43 AM, said:

If you think tiers II and III are good for learning regardless of the map you have some very strange ideas about this game.

 

Commencing standard low tier/Mittengard discussion reply.

 

 

 

Considering that wargaming in their infinite wisdom altered the matchmaking because of seal clubbing don't you think that this map is the ultimate seal clubbing map and in turn will drive new players some where else .With all their high and mighty talk about fairness yet again this low life company is lying it's [edited]off to look good in the eyes of players. I'm sure that if this map was for high tiers only so many top tier players would get pissed off by being killed one by one even before they get to cover, usual one rule for one and another rule for the other

Edited by warmagnet123, 01 August 2015 - 11:49 AM.


Ma7rix #20 Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:59 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 65510 battles
  • 348
  • [OISPA] OISPA
  • Member since:
    11-22-2012
this is horrible map for slow tanks. eg. Fcm 36 Pak 40, its so slow that you dont get down before dead





Also tagged with guest273, Mittengard, WG, Begginers, fail, WG fail, map, suicide, arena

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users