GLD vs Vstab visualized

GLD EGLD Vstab Vertstab Gun laying drive enhanced gun laying drive vertical stabilizer aiming

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: You like this? (12 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Has this been helpful to you at all?

1. Yes everything clear to me now (6 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Well I got the message (6 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Sry I cant see the point youre tryin to make (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. No youre just wrong (0 votes [0.00%])

5. sth else, as I will explain in the comments (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Hide poll

hiXhaX #1 Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50430 battles
  • [KV-2] KV-2
Hey guys,
as many people dont really get what a vstab or a GLD does exactly, here's a little graph to demonstrate their impacts on your aiming. I have attached the excel file so you can fool around with it a bit. Keep in mind that everything is a bit wrong and done with rounded numbers as WG didnt publish the math behind the game mechanics of WoT.

vstab-gld.PNG

Points to keep in your minds:

• A Vstab equipped tank starts the aiming process with a huge accuracy bonus compared to a tank without vstab, that difference decreases over time. The Vstab can even be "overtaken" by the GLD after a while
  • A Vstab will always save you a bit less than 0,2 Aimtimes
  • As long as that (bit less than 0,2)*Aimtime > 0,1*ActualTimeToAimYourGun (not the aimtime stat shown in your garage, but the time shown on the graph), the Vstab is more accurate, that means, if you dont move your tank a lot or your tank has rly good GunStabilization, a GLD will always be less accurate than a Vstab. As an example: With a 2s Aimtime stat on your tank, Vstab will be more accurate for the first 4secs of aiming, with 3secs Aimtime, it will be 6secs until the GLD "overtakes" the Vstab
  • The effect of the Aimtime stat prolonging the acutal time of better accuracy of the Vstab is exactly evened out by the fact that you will have to aim evenly longer due to that longer aimtime. If that doesnt make sense to you, dont take a GLD over a Vstab because your Aimtime stat is high. Also dont take Vstabs because your Aimtimestat is low. To determine which equipment is better for your tank, you need to know how long you will have to aim and that is mostly dependent on your tank's gun stabilization stats aswell as its max traverses/speed.
  • The worse your aimspread, the more beneficial will the GLD be compared to a Vstab
  • The better your aimspread, the more often will you be firing at a time when Vstab still provides more accuracy

Go ahead and ask what you want to ask, add what you want to add and correct what there is to correct.

Attached Files

• Attached File   Wot-Vstab vs GLD.xlsx   23.43K

Edited by hiXhaX, 03 February 2016 - 01:11 PM.

MikeAlphaCharlie #2 Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10830 battles

Nice post, although having a VStab or a GLD depends enitely on the tank, for example an arty or a TD will have a better use of a VStab but a medium which moves a lot will probably benefit from the GDL more :)

Edit: I just realised I talked out of my a$$, I haven't played WoT in a long time and have gotten confused as to what they did :P My bad.

Mike Out.

Edited by MikeAlphaCharlie, 11 April 2015 - 12:53 AM.

_Grim_ #3 Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22994 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostMikeAlphaCharlie, on 04 April 2015 - 03:39 PM, said:

Nice post, although having a VStab or a GLD depends enitely on the tank, for example an arty or a TD will have a better use of a VStab but a medium which moves a lot will probably benefit from the GDL more :)

No,a vert stab is always better.The only reason why I don't have vert stabs on my TDs and arty is because you cant put it on those classes.Putting GLD on a med makes no sense whatsoever.

T_M0NTANA #4 Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16325 battles
  • [L_WAR] L_WAR

I have never used GLD over VStab, if I ever used GLD, it was together with VStab. Or on tanks that can't equip VStab.

So basically for heavy tank GLD is usefull only if you have VERY long aiming time, BUT at least decent accuracy. So waiting that long for the full aim is worth it. Something like KV-4? Am I right?

Ace_of_Sp4des #5 Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25481 battles

View Post_Grim_, on 04 April 2015 - 03:45 PM, said:

No,a vert stab is always better.The only reason why I don't have vert stabs on my TDs and arty is because you cant put it on those classes.Putting GLD on a med makes no sense whatsoever.

It does if your medium tank aims 3.4 seconds :D

hiXhaX #6 Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50430 battles
  • [KV-2] KV-2

No it's just dependend on whether or not you will be aiming for longer than 2 aimtimes. If you are not, than the vstab is better. If you are, the GLD will be better from that point on. How many aimtimes you will have to aim depends entirely on your aimspread. And that is determined by your gun soft stats and your (traverse-)speed and turret rotation speed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users