Special: Resupply Weekend

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

ClassicFrog #41 Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:22 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 48132 battles

View PostHarlequin_Queen, on 27 March 2015 - 07:15 PM, said:

It is a waste of time comparing "What They Got !" with "What we get !" as it will never match. So just take what we get and enjoy instead of Crying ! 

Waits for Neg reps LOL

It's exactly the attitude like yours that results in EU server having significantly worse specials. After all, why would they bother with giving EU more, if people will play anyway?

And no, it's not being ungrateful for something free. It is never free. They offer a product that, in order to be functional, needs players playing it. It is the player, that you can fight against, or along with, that make this game work. Regardless if they pay any money or not, they are very needed in large numbers. It's not a hand out then, but an exchange. Players' time spent in the game, populating servers, for some kind of incentive to do so, like game goodies at a discount or at no charge.

Apparently a good chunk of EU playerbase needs way less incentive to play the game than on other servers though. It seems you represent them very well. So I'll take the opportunity to thank you for weak specials we are getting. Thank you indeed.

Erissa #42 Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:23 PM

Community Coordinator

• Player
  • 4785 battles

View PostXaramas, on 27 March 2015 - 06:33 PM, said:

I'm glad that you adapted to our wishes regarding the icons. :great:

Double Crew XP is also always nice to have.

There was room for improvement of the icons and we appreciated the feedback which was given to us about them. We are glad that you and others in this thread are liking the slight change and the Special :)

View PostCelestia, on 28 March 2015 - 03:28 AM, said:

All I see are the icons and I cannot interact with them

Using Google chrome.

Icons aren't meant to be interactive however you can just hover over them if you are unsure of the type of the discount.

View Postmrhankythechristmaspoo, on 28 March 2015 - 12:02 AM, said:

Is the 30% discount just on tanks or arty also?

Yeah, it includes arty too. You can check this in-game as well.:)

Deathonline #43 Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20317 battles
  • [ARPE] ARPE
Why is the "Supplies needed!" limited to once per day? Kind of pointless when the reward is only worth 50k credits and it takes nearly two hours to finish it.

Edited by Deathonline, 28 March 2015 - 01:56 PM.

Mr_Deo #44 Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43507 battles
  • [ESAF] ESAF

View PostDeathonline, on 28 March 2015 - 12:55 PM, said:

Why is the "Supplies needed!" limited to once per day? Kind of pointless when the reward is only worth 50k credits and it takes nearly two hours to finish it.

Because it is "Supplies Needed" not "Supplies Restored"..

You don't get given much, so you "Need" more ;)... Simple!

Jesterix_ #45 Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12968 battles
  • [CURS] CURS

View PostClassicFrog, on 28 March 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

It's exactly the attitude like yours that results in EU server having significantly worse specials. After all, why would they bother with giving EU more, if people will play anyway?

And no, it's not being ungrateful for something free. It is never free. They offer a product that, in order to be functional, needs players playing it. It is the player, that you can fight against, or along with, that make this game work. Regardless if they pay any money or not, they are very needed in large numbers. It's not a hand out then, but an exchange. Players' time spent in the game, populating servers, for some kind of incentive to do so, like game goodies at a discount or at no charge.

Apparently a good chunk of EU playerbase needs way less incentive to play the game than on other servers though. It seems you represent them very well. So I'll take the opportunity to thank you for weak specials we are getting. Thank you indeed.

Well Frog , I thank you for a good laugh today , you have brightened my afternoon with your rhetoric. I hadn't realized I was single handedly responsible for the specials we get on the EU Server. :teethhappy:

I play the game because I enjoy it and if they add specials and bonus's even better, I don't play the game expecting to be given specials or "Goodies at a discount or at no charge", If you only play for this reason then I Pity you. 

Just chill take the specials for what they are and enjoy the game and if you want the specials on other servers there is no one stopping you starting an account on one of them ;)

Edited by Harlequin_Queen, 28 March 2015 - 03:25 PM.

Pvt_Muffy #46 Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18453 battles

View PostDeathonline, on 28 March 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

So getting 10k exp with prem and x2 included takes you 2 hours? :ohmy:

ClassicFrog #47 Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:52 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 48132 battles

View PostHarlequin_Queen, on 28 March 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

Well Frog , I thank you for a good laugh today , you have brightened my afternoon with your rhetoric. I hadn't realized I was single handedly responsible for the specials we get on the EU Server. :teethhappy:

I play the game because I enjoy it and if they add specials and bonus's even better, I don't play the game expecting to be given specials or "Goodies at a discount or at no charge", If you only play for this reason then I Pity you. 

Just chill take the specials for what they are and enjoy the game and if you want the specials on other servers there is no one stopping you starting an account on one of them ;)

I haven't said you are the only one responsible. You certainly belong to a large group that is to be blamed however.

And yes, seeing where the game is going and how the focus shifts on making the game more random than skill based the specials are one of very few incentives to actually spend more time in the game.

And finally, I would migrate to NA server if only I didn't have to deal with high ping.

Also, there is nothing wrong, as it is, for you to enjoy scraps given by WG here on EU. If it makes you happy then good for you. A side effect of low expectations towards the WG, resulting in significantly lower "budget" for EU specials, is undeniable though. No mocking or patronising tone is going to cover this fact. So while you enjoy what you get, you would do well to respect these with higher expectations.

Edited by ClassicFrog, 28 March 2015 - 04:54 PM.

jhonny7890 #48 Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24917 battles
  • [B1-RO] B1-RO
IS 2 or T-34-1???

Gremlin182 #49 Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:05 PM

General

• Player
  • 56200 battles

View Posts3thus, on 27 March 2015 - 11:16 PM, said:

When Russia invades EU we'll get their lower prices, can't wait.

Already invaded London quite a few Russian Billionairs living there, some already caling it Londongrad ;)

s222 #50 Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12461 battles
  • [GVII] GVII

View PostDyaheon, on 27 March 2015 - 08:13 PM, said:

Don't expect gold ammo discounts. WGEU doesn't do those anymore, thankfully.

Regular ammo discounts never happened before to my knowledge, so unlikely. Would be appreciated though, ammo is expensive too :)

How do you know it doesn do anymore?

Waffentrager1337 #51 Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25579 battles
Am i the first one who noticed the consumables for credits aren't on exactly 25% discount? Automatic Fire Extinguishers or Large Repair Kits,Large First Aid Kits,Case of Cola and etc. right now are 15 200 credits. 25% from 20000 is 5000. 20000-5000=15000. Why are consumables at the price of 15 200 credits?

Dyaheon #52 Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20161 battles

View Postvladi98chip, on 28 March 2015 - 06:34 PM, said:

Am i the first one who noticed the consumables for credits aren't on exactly 25% discount? Automatic Fire Extinguishers or Large Repair Kits,Large First Aid Kits,Case of Cola and etc. right now are 15 200 credits. 25% from 20000 is 5000. 20000-5000=15000. Why are consumables at the price of 15 200 credits?

Probably because they do it from the gold price. 50g * 0.75 is 37.5g which rounds up to 38g. 38 gold is 15.2k creds.

Deathonline #53 Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20317 battles
  • [ARPE] ARPE

View PostNAKKE_FIN, on 28 March 2015 - 03:25 PM, said:

So getting 10k exp with prem and x2 included takes you 2 hours? :ohmy:

Since I'm playing nothing but AMX 13 F3 @ 650 average xp I'd say 2 hours was a pretty good guess.

Jesterix_ #54 Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12968 battles
  • [CURS] CURS

View PostClassicFrog, on 28 March 2015 - 03:52 PM, said:

I haven't said you are the only one responsible. You certainly belong to a large group that is to be blamed however.

And yes, seeing where the game is going and how the focus shifts on making the game more random than skill based the specials are one of very few incentives to actually spend more time in the game.

And finally, I would migrate to NA server if only I didn't have to deal with high ping.

Also, there is nothing wrong, as it is, for you to enjoy scraps given by WG here on EU. If it makes you happy then good for you. A side effect of low expectations towards the WG, resulting in significantly lower "budget" for EU specials, is undeniable though. No mocking or patronising tone is going to cover this fact. So while you enjoy what you get, you would do well to respect these with higher expectations.

Respect is earned not given ! And just because you think you "Deserve" more than others does mean you earn that Respect ! 

I am happy with the specials that we have because I don't think I need to be better than any one else, or deserve more than the RU , NA or SEA servers. If you you think that the EU server should be "Bigger" "Better" and better Funded than the other servers, then maybe you should start a fund to to support this. Then you you can enjoy a better special than anyone else. 

ClassicFrog #55 Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:37 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 48132 battles

View PostHarlequin_Queen, on 28 March 2015 - 06:40 PM, said:

Respect is earned not given ! And just because you think you "Deserve" more than others does mean you earn that Respect ! 

I am happy with the specials that we have because I don't think I need to be better than any one else, or deserve more than the RU , NA or SEA servers. If you you think that the EU server should be "Bigger" "Better" and better Funded than the other servers, then maybe you should start a fund to to support this. Then you you can enjoy a better special than anyone else. 

No, respect to others is a mark of character. You may not like someone but still show respect. Or you may be indifferent or even friendly, but still act like a douche. It's a difference between mature person and a person mentally incapable of being mature. If you do not get that then I guess no amount of explanation will be enough to get the point across. So I'll drop it here.

Anyway, you seem to have serious problem comprehending simple statements. Let me rephrase it for you in somewhat more direct way. I do not deserve more than others. Having things on the same level as others is not having more than others. It would be a nice thing for a change to have same level of incentive as RU and NA servers. That being said I actually think you deserve as much as I do. But you settle for less, which results is less for both of us. Oh well.

As for the found, we, the players, are the found. We are needed for the game to be what it is. With empty servers there would be no World of Tanks. This game doesn't even have PvE, so with no playerbase there would be no one to fight against or have in own team. Me, you, and all others are already supporting the game by logging in and playing our battles. We populate servers and make the game run. There is no reason that this should not be as appreciated as it is on RU or NA server. No other reason than settling for less, that is. Which, again, people like you, banded together in large numbers, contribute to greatly.

hjsteg #56 Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:15 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31624 battles
  • [WID] WID

View PostErissa, on 28 March 2015 - 01:23 PM, said:

There was room for improvement of the icons and we appreciated the feedback which was given to us about them. We are glad that you and others in this thread are liking the slight change and the Special :)

Icons aren't meant to be interactive however you can just hover over them if you are unsure of the type of the discount.

There are no explanation to the icons in-game when you hoover over them. This should be fixed.

Randy_81 #57 Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 30250 battles
  • [S64] S64

View PostDyaheon, on 28 March 2015 - 05:54 PM, said:

Probably because they do it from the gold price. 50g * 0.75 is 37.5g which rounds up to 38g. 38 gold is 15.2k creds.

Cryingkeren #58 Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 43571 battles
  • [ST0RM] ST0RM
omfg, WG EU listened to feedback! thanks for adding mouse-over-symbol tooltips

Mr_Deo #59 Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43507 battles
  • [ESAF] ESAF

View PostDyaheon, on 28 March 2015 - 04:54 PM, said:

Glad you explained it..

Now the EU staff will know why the RU Server team set it that way!

FULLMETAL_91 #60 Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21378 battles

Well now :D the RU server is definitely short on supplies, we got so much more fire extinguishers and repair kits that i am ashamed of myself. It really is not fair, why should our Russian comrades even play when they have no incentive or proper rewards like us...... i have a full garage of supplies while they get a lousy T 34 premium tank worth 50 $ i mean really what good use is that, how will they put the fire out with it, or repair their tracks?

THANK YOU WG EU for giving us so much better specials, i just have to grind 10k exp for them extinguishers, and they are even automatic! :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users