T-34-3 tier VIII Premium Chinese

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Share your thoughts ! (80 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

What do you think of the T-34-3

1. Garbage (30 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. Workable (38 votes [47.50%])

Percentage of vote: 47.50%

3. Extremely good (12 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

Vote Hide poll

StarstrikeD #1 Posted 02 April 2015 - 12:10 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7894 battles

Hello Tank Commanders!

Today I got myself a T-34-3. I know I'm not the best in WoT and haven't played that many games in this tank and overal, but I want to review it and share my thoughts and maybe get some feedback to improve my gameplay and forum-post skills.

My stats with the T-34-3: 16 games played, win rate 56%, k/d ratio 3,71 and damage dealt/taken ratio 1,33.

Let's get started

I'll first discuss the tank itself and after that crew skills and equipment.

The T-34-3 is a tier 8 premium tank and costs about 40 euros. In my opinion that's kinda expensive so what do we get exactly for our money ? We get a medium tank with Preferential MM. It does only meet tier 9 which is pretty nice.

Armor: Turret 190front/120side/60rear mm and hull 90front/50side/50rear mm

The armor is only frontally good though. The turret is rounded and very bouncy and the upper frontal plate is sloped at 60degree so it will give you a protection of 150-160. You should never give them your side and rear because even Tier 4 tanks can pen it with ease. Your tracks don't cover your hull that much so be cautious because they wont eat many shells. Because of the pref. MM you will face tier 6,7,8,9 tanks and some tier 5 scouts. Your armor is very reliable against tier 6 but will start struggling with tier 7 heavy tanks and tankdestroyers. At tier 8 your turret is the only reliable protection you have. You hull will offer mostly only lucky bounces. At tier 9 can everything pen you. Your armor is like paper and only shots at extreme angles will ricochet. 

Weakspots: Shoot it everywhere except front and you will pen this thing most of the times. When you are facing a T-34-3 frontally, Aim for lower glacis or cupolas on top. The lower glacis is very thin that even tier 6 can pen it with ease.

Mobility: It weights a little bit less than 38 tons when fully equipped and has an engine of 520hp (so 14,65hp/ton) with a speed limit of 50 km/h. The acceleration is acceptable and the speed too. Should get the job done in most cases. It will struggle climbing hills though. The tank is very light so I won't ram enemies until it's my last resort. Light tanks and some TD's are rammable however. The traverse is 46degrees per second. That is actually very good. You can easily zip around. Even circling and keeping up with LT's that are circling you is possible. The terrain resistance is also very good. You won't lose lots of speed because of the terrain that much.

Gun handling: Standard 122mm gun. The gun that almost all soviet and chinese tier 7/8 tanks get. Atrocious aiming time (3,4 sec), long reload ( about 10-15 sec) , accuracy is also bad (0.46) but it gets the big alpha (390 on average). If you manage to pen someone, you will do massive dmg and probably module dmg because of the high caliber. The accuracy is a pain in the [edited]. Even when fully aimed, this thing misses frequently. However I haven't mentioned the biggest problem yet; The abysmal gun depression (-3). It's absolutely a nightmare. Even slight ridges are challenges. If you know how to use terrain, this is workable ( for example by reversing against the hill or ridgeline). Aiming on the move is very hard. Bad accuracy and depression will make getting the shots of on the move very hard. If you manage to hit you are very lucky. The premium ammo does get a whopping 250 pen, going through everything it meets except E75 front. It is HEAT instead of ACPR so sometimes the enemies tracks can absorb dmg or it can bounce when they are angled well. The 122mm AP shells have long travel time, which can make giving lead to a moving target a bit hard.

Radio: 600m That's allright. Not the best, but good enough.

Turret traverse: Also 46deg/s . Very fast !

Camouflage: Very good. It's one of the main strenghts of this tank.

View range: 380m. Somewhat low compared to other tier 8 meds but the camo compensates for it.

Modules: Chinese tanks are prone to module dmg. Mostly engine and ammo compartment. Frequent ammo racks. Don't forget to take ALWAYS a repair kit with you.

Equipment: Depends on your personal play style. A DPM-layout, a Quick aiming-layout, or hybrid of these two combined with Binos or optics is suggested. I prefer Vert stabs+GLD+coated optics. I want to reduce aim time as much as possible and good view range on the move.I will explain later on my tactics. I don't use binos. The mobility is very good so i find myself more active spotting than passive. That's why I prefer Coated over binos

Crew skills: Personal preference. Depends on your playstyle. I play Sneaky Assassin with this tank because of the good standard camo so I take Camo on all as first. Then swap commander camo for 6th sense (It's a must on mediums!!!). Then some skills for the rest that improve aiming and aiming on the move. Repairs is also a viable option. Safe stowage and preventative maintenance too !

My playstyle:

I always take a fire extinguisher, repair and med kit with me because of the Chinese module/crew dmg problem. Most of the times you are top tiered of mid tier so you can put your weight in the match. It seems always so stupid when people get a damaged engine or ammo rack at the very beginning and have no repair kit. When top tiered, your team will have a drastically way worse chance to win then.

I play this tank like an Assassin early game. I try to get flanking shots at targets at about 400m range using my superb camo. Yes you can pen stuff with 175pen. Be patient and let your heavies distract them. The gun depression isn't a big problem for me. You have enough time to get to a good spot and enough time to aim because of your camo. I try to find spots where bushes are to improve camo and where in can oversee large areas. I try to put pressure up on the enemies. When they are receiving shots in their side and turn their turret to me I fall back and relocate. Meanwhile my HT's can push because of my distraction. I come back to shoots again when my camo has resetted or I zip around to help the other flank. No problem with the good manoevrability. When the enemy team is damaged enough I push aggresively. It depends on the MM if I go head on brawling or a little bit more careful and supportive. This tank has potential of brawling because of the good front armor and alpha dmg when top tiered, but be careful: Your fire rate is slow. Mind who you're facing. Most enemies will shoot you twice every time you shoot them. If you have some cover. Shoot, fall back and wait for reload, then go shoot again. repeat. If there is no cover. Wiggle that tank! Go forward and backward between your shots. Turn turret and hull a bit randomly. It'll be harder for the enemy to focus on your weak spots. Flanking slow tanks is also a good idea. Never go with your flush side around corner, always go at a good angle so they will bounce maybe. Sidecraping is possible against low pen guns but still risky. Still better than giving your flat side when coming around the corner. Nevertheless try to hide your hull. Hull down tactic is very hard with the -3 gun dep but still possible sometimes! Try to lure shots. when sloped a little bit upwardsyou can bounce most shells with ease. They don't know sometimes if you can hit them or not with your gun dep. so they rush the shot and bounce ofcourse lol. Then attack when they are reloading.

Conclusion: I think it's a very good tank if you know how to play it correctly. Very hard to learn and master, but once you have done it'll be very rewarding. However, this tank punishes mistakes so you have to be very cautious. Play it to the strenghts: Use the speed and camo to dominate the fight. The matchmaking is also very nice because Pref. MM so premium shells arent needed flank much. You will only need prem. shells when frontally facing enemies.

Thanks for reading, fellow tank commanders ! I really appreciate it!

Btw; English isn't my native languange. Feedback is always appreciated.:P

Edited by StarstrikeD, 02 April 2015 - 12:36 AM.

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #2 Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:31 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles
Welcome to look at the many T-34-3 threads of people have made about this tank. many say its a good tank with a bad gun. i think the same. the 122mm is a nice gun but it lacks 2 major things. pen and aimtime. stick them 2 together and add -3 gundep, makes for a very fustrating tank.

brisha #3 Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15368 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG
Very frustrating tank, on paper it doesn't look bad but that gun is just a complete troll. Fully aimed shots even close range miss by a mile, there is something very wrong with the gun. Personally I think WG are scared of it being to OP if it had a gun that performed how it should, i.e like the IS6, should play the same but it doesn't by a long shot.

Verbal #4 Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:27 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 21754 battles

View Postbrisha, on 05 May 2015 - 02:03 PM, said:

Very frustrating tank, on paper it doesn't look bad but that gun is just a complete troll. Fully aimed shots even close range miss by a mile, there is something very wrong with the gun. Personally I think WG are scared of it being to OP if it had a gun that performed how it should, i.e like the IS6, should play the same but it doesn't by a long shot.

I completely agree, I can normally make tanks work but this has a troll anti-aircraft gun attached to it. The gun performance is so bad that it feels like it has much less pen than the other tier 8 mediums with 175 pen. May as well give up when an IS-6 gets close as you bounce near enough anywhere consistently with premium ammo.

Want to like it, but just can't get it to work against any team that has half competent players on it.

THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #5 Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9513 battles
ill keep playing my type 59, and keep destroying t-34-3s such a terrible tank. I pity you guys. LOL gl

tajj7 #6 Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25190 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Workable is pretty much the best it gets, it's certainly far from a good tank.

390 alpha and on a fairly mobile platform with pref MM are about all the tank's good points. 

Lots of bad points toom many to list, forever cursed because WG were scared of another Type 59 and thus made it epic crap, another buff and it might just make average and considering it's performing badly still another buff might come. 

Charcharo #7 Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 30039 battles
  • [INC] INC
Workable.

With a lower price + a few buffs it would be good. As it is, I like it. But ... workable it is.

Han951753 #8 Posted 05 November 2015 - 11:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13378 battles
  • [1PDW] 1PDW
I really can not understand you why you think t34-3 is bad. I agree it is not a outstanding tank like t54 or type59, but remember, it is a primium tank. In wot, primium tanks are alway a bit worth than tanks on the branch. But t34-3 is really a seldom exception here in wot. Compare it with the reall garbage t34-2 on the branch, you will find out that t34-3 is better from any way. I think you fell 34-3 not really good is because you are usint it in a wrong way. It is a totally frount line tank. What you only have to do is follow your midium group, enter the battle as the first guy, only focase on damage and forget your tank. Most of the times you will later notice that you servived the battle and also did a huge mount of dmg.

cracktrackflak #9 Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15153 battles
  • [ARRSE] ARRSE

View PostHan951753, on 05 November 2015 - 11:39 PM, said:

I really can not understand you why you think t34-3 is bad. I agree it is not a outstanding tank like t54 or type59, but remember, it is a primium tank. In wot, primium tanks are alway a bit worth than tanks on the branch. But t34-3 is really a seldom exception here in wot. Compare it with the reall garbage t34-2 on the branch, you will find out that t34-3 is better from any way. I think you fell 34-3 not really good is because you are usint it in a wrong way. It is a totally frount line tank. What you only have to do is follow your midium group, enter the battle as the first guy, only focase on damage and forget your tank. Most of the times you will later notice that you servived the battle and also did a huge mount of dmg.

If you actually owned it and played it, you'd understand why most owners think its absolute garbage....

Horatio__Caine #10 Posted 14 November 2015 - 02:16 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26599 battles
  • [SA-AS] SA-AS
it's a nice tank to play. however, u need some time to get used to tank. after at least 50 battles you can figure out how to play with it most efficient way. 

Eila_Juutilainen #11 Posted 14 November 2015 - 08:01 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21043 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

View Postcracktrackflak, on 14 November 2015 - 01:56 AM, said:

If you actually owned it and played it, you'd understand why most owners think its absolute garbage....

BEcause most people just can't adjust to the tank. I own one and enjoy it, but I will be the first to admit that it's an odd machine with a good learning curve.

Brb_Wife_is_Yelling #12 Posted 20 November 2015 - 03:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29339 battles
  • [SPEDE] SPEDE

View PostEila_Juutilainen, on 14 November 2015 - 07:01 PM, said:

BEcause most people just can't adjust to the tank. I own one and enjoy it, but I will be the first to admit that it's an odd machine with a good learning curve.

Well at least it prepares you to WZ-120.

T-34-3 is so derpy that even KV-2 is more accurate :D

Eila_Juutilainen #13 Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:37 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21043 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

View PostBrb_Wife_is_Yelling, on 20 November 2015 - 03:23 PM, said:

Well at least it prepares you to WZ-120.

T-34-3 is so derpy that even KV-2 is more accurate :D

It actually isn't really derpy. I was talking about the tank just this morning with Fluffy, and I pulled up the stats. Aside from terrible base accuracy for a non-howitzer, the dispersion stats are pretty good, especially on the turret.

Anyway, buff is incoming:

http://ritastatusrep...nk-changes.html

Shacou #14 Posted 21 November 2015 - 06:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19627 battles
  • [TBOA] TBOA
T-34-3 122mm is less derpy than WZ-120 with 100mm, or maybe i just hit crapluck.

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #15 Posted 21 November 2015 - 01:21 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles

View PostEila_Juutilainen, on 21 November 2015 - 02:37 AM, said:

It actually isn't really derpy. I was talking about the tank just this morning with Fluffy, and I pulled up the stats. Aside from terrible base accuracy for a non-howitzer, the dispersion stats are pretty good, especially on the turret.

Anyway, buff is incoming:

http://ritastatusrep...nk-changes.html

The buff fixes only 1 of many downsides, 122mm gun is not a plus in my eyes, at tier 8 its poop on a medium. now they just need to buff the armor to Type 59 levels and i will stop complaining about it being so bad. untill then ill keep my eye on these "supertest buffs"

SonyAD #16 Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:15 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 44919 battles
Between garbage and workable but tending more towards garbage.

Punisher_GR_ #17 Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 37939 battles
  • [GRTG] GRTG
T34-3 is still better that T34-2 that is not premium ,the worst about it is the Gun Depresion and reload time for med is insane ofc the Gun its standard D25 175pene  but overall its not bad tank you need use to it but if you can hadle bad gun depression just avoid it for this money you can buy something else.

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #18 Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:56 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles

View PostPunisher_GR_, on 11 December 2016 - 08:01 PM, said:

T34-3 is still better that T34-2 that is not premium ,the worst about it is the Gun Depresion and reload time for med is insane ofc the Gun its standard D25 175pene  but overall its not bad tank you need use to it but if you can hadle bad gun depression just avoid it for this money you can buy something else.

The gundep wasent the problem. hell i got used to -3! that dident bother me. what bothered me was the horrific sh** payoff it got for it. poor reload with trash gun handling and bad accuracy with useless AP and unreliable 250 HEAT due to the guns derpyness. then add the poor module layout so you get ammo rack/gas tank/driver dead every hit in its garbage hull armor and a badly modeled turret with super weak spots on the front.

Tanks a bundle of fustration.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users