anyone here a computor wizard?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Obsessive_Compulsive #1 Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:15 PM

General

• Player
  • 23952 battles
Hi any tech wizards can shed light on this for me please.

Last few days ive had issues with games, videos and music. wether its WOT or other games result is the same.
music from my HD ( any of the 3) also youtube videos, dvd;s literally all media on my PC

the issue manifests as a tiny little lag and a brrrrr kind of noise like a freeze then the video/music/game continues playing.

i have tried different audio drivers and also a system restore to before the issue.
temps across all components are nominal.

i ran latencymon software and it came up with the following report.

Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. Also one or more ISR routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:01:32 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

further information

REPORTED ISRs
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 192171.202727
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

and another

REPORTED DPCs
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 96090.840
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: USBPORT.SYS - USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

and again

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

Process with highest pagefault count: latmon.exe

if anyone can wade through this page full of gobbledygook and aid me I would be most gratefull.
Posted 2 hours ago · OP
0 votes

Edited by Smeeeeg_Heeeeed, 04 April 2015 - 06:15 PM.

1ncompetenc3 #2 Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36867 battles

Not much of a wizard, but what kind of audio device are you actually running? I had a USB sound"card" at some point which did essentially the same thing you describe. Returned it, got a new one of the same model, same issue, returned it, got a different model, same issue (all were tried on more than one system btw) then I got something that connected via FireWire instead and that's been going stronk for years now.

Of course this is all completely irrelevant if you do not use a USB audio device, just mentioning it in case you do.

Obsessive_Compulsive #3 Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:58 PM

General

• Player
  • 23952 battles

Multiple devices. Headphones, 2.1 speaker system and of course a mic.

Non are USB connections however..

1ncompetenc3 #4 Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36867 battles
Sorry I should have been more specific; I meant the device that actually handles the sound processing itself (like sound card, on-board audio chip, or external sound card that connects via USB/FireWire). If you're using a regular PCI(e) sound card or your motherboard's on-board audio chip though I don't know what's causing this issue.

Obsessive_Compulsive #5 Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:24 AM

General

• Player
  • 23952 battles
aye same thing its a PCIe

TR_ASHley #6 Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16172 battles

View PostSmeeeeg_Heeeeed, on 04 April 2015 - 05:15 PM, said:

Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. Also one or more ISR routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:01:32 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

I'm no tech wizard, but a quick search on google turned back this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_Procedure_Call

It sounds to me like something in your system is sending this berserk and it's doing it's thing for too long.

It's 2:30 am in Ireland right now, so I'm going to go to bed and I'll help you in the morning.

Obsessive_Compulsive #7 Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:35 AM

General

• Player
  • 23952 battles

View Postfaptastic_panda, on 06 April 2015 - 02:27 AM, said:

I'm no tech wizard, but a quick search on google turned back this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_Procedure_Call

It sounds to me like something in your system is sending this berserk and it's doing it's thing for too long.

It's 2:30 am in Ireland right now, so I'm going to go to bed and I'll help you in the morning.

Thank you for offer of help much appreciated.

I removed my drivers for GPU,soundcard,ethernet. and wiped clean then installed lastest and the problem has gone.

I wiosh I knew exactly what it was however I am glad it is all good.

thank you again!:great:

pie_eater #8 Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10921 battles

I have no business here as I'm a computer witch

Goodbye

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users