Banning and matchmaking

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

tietetank #1 Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 48683 battles

So people are reporting players who drive in the water when your whole team really really sucks 

Why cant Wg make a fair balanced matchmaking why are all the good platoons allways on 1 side

How is this possible is it so hard when you have 2 uniCUM platoons to divide them in the 2 seperate teams 

I play a game 

that should be fun 

that should be relaxating

But to start your WOT days with a pro team vs a noob team it really sucks

So i will wait for my next ban out of frustation cheerio WG keep up the good work

Dis4ster #2 Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:57 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27950 battles
Aren't you the worst player in your team if you give up without fighting and let your team lose the battle even faster? If you don't want to play the game then don't play it.

tietetank #3 Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:16 AM

Private

• Player
  • 48683 battles

Is it playing a game when there is such fixed matchmaking 

Is it so hard to balance a game lets say somewhere between 60/40 instead of 12 % 

tietetank #4 Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 48683 battles

View Posttietetank, on 05 April 2015 - 12:16 AM, said:

Is it so hard to balance a game lets say somewhere between 60/40 instead of 12 % 

Again i play a game to relax to have fun if i want to waste my time i will get back to work 

Dis4ster #5 Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:37 AM

Major

• Player
  • 27950 battles

View PostDis4ster, on 04 April 2015 - 10:57 PM, said:

Aren't you the worst player in your team if you give up without fighting and let your team lose the battle even faster? If you don't want to play the game then don't play it.

Yes its is playing a game, because playing a game doesn't mean to win it.

Dis4ster #6 Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:40 AM

Major

• Player
  • 27950 battles

View PostDis4ster, on 05 April 2015 - 11:37 AM, said:

View PostDis4ster, on 04 April 2015 - 10:57 PM, said:

Yes its is playing a game, because playing a game doesn't mean to win it.

You should stop playing and go back to work. Or play drunk.

Homer_J #7 Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:44 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27475 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posttietetank, on 04 April 2015 - 11:16 PM, said:

So you want fixed matchmaking but you complain there is fixed matchmaking.  Make your mind up.

Play better, win more, stop worrying about the cannon fodder.

tietetank #8 Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 48683 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 05 April 2015 - 11:44 AM, said:

So you want fixed matchmaking but you complain there is fixed matchmaking.  Make your mind up.

View PostHomer_J, on 05 April 2015 - 11:44 AM, said:

1 wow you put more on the forum then play whats up with that ?

2 we know the games are fixed why not make it a honest game then  with honest matchmaking 

tietetank #9 Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 48683 battles

3 how to play better when you get such teams im only 1 of 15

4 dont influence it so much with 3 good guys in 1 platoon 

Again is it so hard to even it out it is getting obvious to me and other players i talked 2 

that there are 2 or 3 good platoons vs 2 or 3 scrubs 

You cant tell me that WG cant sort that out or are they not willing ?

Last thing why when you criticize something abouth this game people are taking it personal that the person is not a good player noob etc etc 

are you get payed in gold by WG ?

then i know why you have so much posts 15887 ??

tietetank #10 Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 48683 battles

Maybe that where you come from critizicing something is not really in your nature or culture

Where i come from critizicing is very good to develop something in something better 

Homer_J #11 Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27475 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posttietetank, on 05 April 2015 - 02:43 PM, said:

Maybe that where you come from critizicing something is not really in your nature or culture

I assure you, where I come from (Yorkshire), criticizing everything is in our culture.

1 wow you put more on the forum then play whats up with that ?

I see you are making a first class attempt to catch me.

What you are asking for is the games to be rigged so both teams have a fairly equal chance to win.  How can that be in anyway fair?  If you try hard and play well you get a bad team, if you play like a sausage then you get some good players to help you out.  That sounds about the least fair system I could come up with.

Insert_Insult #12 Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6385 battles
  • [-TWP] -TWP

@ Homer, "What you are asking for is the games to be rigged so both teams have a fairly equal chance to win.  How can that be in anyway fair?"

you got me confused now, if the games are equal ie either team has a chance to win, you class that as rigged, yet if one side is made up of tomatoes, whilst the other side is made up of "good / Unicum" players, that is not rigged,

bit like a fair football match would be Acrington Stanley vs England team.. or would a more entertaining match be England vs Germany.. I know what I would rather spend my money on watching.

as an afterthought, the fact that WG actively match the weights of the tanks, are they not rigging the game then, as you should have random vehicles in the match  [to make it fair].

Edited by Delta21A, 05 April 2015 - 05:34 PM.

tietetank #13 Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 48683 battles

@ homer again i get a very funny feeling abouth you you are biased the number of posts the alfa tankie in your garage 

Again do you get payed per post ?

Homer_J #14 Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27475 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
What alpha tank? Assuming that is what you are trying to say.

John_Preston #15 Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:20 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17436 battles

View PostDelta21A, on 05 April 2015 - 05:31 PM, said:

you got me confused now, if the games are equal ie either team has a chance to win, you class that as rigged, yet if one side is made up of tomatoes, whilst the other side is made up of "good / Unicum" players, that is not rigged,

bit like a fair football match would be Acrington Stanley vs England team.. or would a more entertaining match be England vs Germany.. I know what I would rather spend my money on watching.

Diversity. A abttle in WoT is 6-7min long on average, 15 max. You can even play 100+ battles in a single day if you want to.

Football teams play 2 matches agaisnt the same team in a season and that's all.

Here we have 10-20-50k battles(some people even more). I don't know about you, but my opinion is that watching nothing but the exact same teams playing against each other every day would became boring really fast.

Making it as random as possible and only balancing tanks and not players adds a lot to replayability. This is why we are still here after thousands of battles.

You lost a battle? Well, crap happens, get over it. Man up, press the battle button again and see what happens next.

It's a game. Why would you be upset/mad/angry or just sad if your team sucks and you lose a game? I bet you don't throw a party every time you win.

I think the biggest problem is how we(players) think. We tend to think that winning is normal and losing a game is a terrible thing.

What you need to understad is that it is a team-based multiplayer game. You can not win every game and quite frankly - you are not supposed to.

Insert_Insult #16 Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6385 battles
  • [-TWP] -TWP

I fully understand what you say, just playing devils advocate,

but, "What you need to understad is that it is a team-based multiplayer game. You can not win every game and quite frankly - you are not supposed to." frankly the highlighted bit did make me smile, "team" implies everyone working together for the same goal, don't know about you but I cant say many games I have been in were "team" games.

tietetank #17 Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 48683 battles

Thats just it i dont mind to lose 

i like the challenge of a game 

thats go back to super mario getting the next level 

But im getting sick off the unfair matchmaking 

Yesterday i played in a platoon with two fairly good players wr 76.6 % over abouth 30 battles 

There is no challenge either 

Next thing i allready sayed and talked others abouth it they noticed 2 

The only thing i posted a thread on this forum is the matchmaking 

and getting 2  good platoons vs 2 platoons of scrubs 

Why is it not more even Why cant it be that they are divided 

Thats more fair to my opinion

1ncompetenc3 #18 Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36867 battles
Why can't you stay away from the water regardless of how stupid your team is? You don't exactly strike me as a master tactician yourself.

John_Preston #19 Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:34 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17436 battles

View PostDelta21A, on 06 April 2015 - 04:51 PM, said:

but, "What you need to understad is that it is a team-based multiplayer game. You can not win every game and quite frankly - you are not supposed to." frankly the highlighted bit did make me smile, "team" implies everyone working together for the same goal, don't know about you but I cant say many games I have been in were "team" games.

Then you are probably playing a different game. In the game that i play my team's goal is to win the game, regardless how good or bad they are. People like to win. Winning is good.

If a bunch of 6 year old kids play football, that's still football. However they are not going to win against a professional football team of course.

View Posttietetank, on 06 April 2015 - 05:18 PM, said:

Thats just it i dont mind to lose 

i like the challenge of a game 

thats go back to super mario getting the next level 

But im getting sick off the unfair matchmaking 

Yesterday i played in a platoon with two fairly good players wr 76.6 % over abouth 30 battles 

There is no challenge either 

Next thing i allready sayed and talked others abouth it they noticed 2 

The only thing i posted a thread on this forum is the matchmaking 

and getting 2  good platoons vs 2 platoons of scrubs 

Why is it not more even Why cant it be that they are divided 

Thats more fair to my opinion

wat

Edited by John_Preston, 07 April 2015 - 02:34 AM.

Hezrim #20 Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2020 battles

watch out you want BALANCE and FAIR PLAY in the game the devs might send the KGB after you.

this point has bin discussed before and its at this point we can all agree the devs wont get competent till they are no longer employed MM is shitty this is the calling card of WOTs and it shall remain so until the devs decide to do their jobs right.

the people who are fighting making MM fair are mainly the people who WOTs have employed to out yell anyone trying to have it changed and or are the people who use the system to stat pad themselves with 60+ win8s so they look like they are actually good when all they are doing is driving bs russian tanks how can you tell? everyone wins when you make both teams have a equal chance to win everyone except  the stat padders and the skilless Russian drivers those people lose cuz they don't get to get easy wins using no skill and these are solid irrefutable FACTS that these idiots will deny until they are forced irl to admit at gunpoint and i would stake my life on that.

Edited by Hezrim, 07 April 2015 - 10:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users