guest273 WG Replays Such a legendary company War Gaming

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

guest273 #1 Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:07 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35394 battles

Hey everyone!

So I was just looking trough my replay folder. - You know I made one on my desktop for all the nice replays I got. Many of you probably also save their best games.

I realized - some of those are from super old versions that might not work. So I decided to check the replays to find out which ones are working... turns out most of them weren't (some were working). So I had to go trough about 120 WoT replays from which about 10 were working and I had to have my task manager open all the time because the broken replays would refuse to shut off after I had closed the game. 

Stronk programming WG. Veri stronk. If I would go in a random game of tier 5 I could find that 6/30 people have a premium tank in their garage and 4/6 or 5/6 probably bought them for their own money. I know that programming is this nice thing where you always have problems but your game has like 20+ easy nameable bugs everyone has encountered at least once.

Maybe don't design 3 new premium tanks for each update but make a bug fixing update. That'd be great... too bad I live in the world of my own imagination to ask such an act from you...

guest273 #2 Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:33 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35394 battles

LOL :D

I spem gaem end 48% win raty do pluton KV-1 + IS-8 end mi lowe tenk gud. Kto bug? :D

Homer_J #3 Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28291 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postguest273, on 06 April 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

Hey everyone!

So I was just looking trough my replay folder. - You know I made one on my desktop for all the nice replays I got. Many of you probably also save their best games.

I realized - some of those are from super old versions that might not work. So I decided to check the replays to find out which ones are working... turns out most of them weren't (some were working). So I had to go trough about 120 WoT replays from which about 10 were working and I had to have my task manager open all the time because the broken replays would refuse to shut off after I had closed the game.

Replays from old versions rarely work with the current version.

You do know that you can display the created date of a file in Windows?  Then it would have been simple to just delete all the ones from before the last patch.  No reason to try and open each and every one.

Roua28 #4 Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 41849 battles
  • [5FPS] 5FPS

View PostHomer_J, on 06 April 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

Replays from old versions rarely work with the current version.

You do know that you can display the created date of a file in Windows?  Then it would have been simple to just delete all the ones from before the last patch.  No reason to try and open each and every one.

Or even better,  he can use Gappa's website to download the version that he needs for certain replay :  http://wot.djgappa.com/

Forum : http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/130922-older-wot-versions/

M1tchy #5 Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:05 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33055 battles
^^ + ^ that. or get a youtube account and record the replays (speed up or cut the boring bits), then upload them.

Edited by M1tchy, 06 April 2015 - 02:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users