• Please log in to reply
414 replies to this topic

TheDrownedApe #41 Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:48 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 47206 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostEvil_Mungo, on 08 April 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

No, actually it doesn;t count them.  It doesn't even count splash damage shots at all.  Most players of arty do damage with about 50-6-% of their shots if you consider those numbers.

Wow that is pretty accurate then - i take it all back - ARTY = OP..............except in my hands

View PostGloris, on 08 April 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

39,2 & 42,7% hitrate without splashes now is missing 3/4th of your shots people

you heard it here first.

Thanks Gloris - i now feel dirty

T0byJug #42 Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19367 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostEvil_Mungo, on 08 April 2015 - 02:33 PM, said:

Higher skill players tend to think that arty is not working as it should be or should be removed.  Lower skilled players tend to defend it.

Hay mungo just 1 point looking at you most played tanks in each class they are all some of the tanks with the most complaints against them as being OP on this forum for there tier and Class. to be honest I think your comment is a little arrogant!!! 

Yes low(and high) skilled players that are trying to improve there Damage/Kill ratios will use Arti as a game win when you are playing arti more often that not is a game where you survived and took no damage. But playing Arti will not increase you winrate.

As i said i have no problem with arti and I am no where close to being as skilled a player as you!!!! But I only have 3% of my games in arti!

Edited by T0byJug, 08 April 2015 - 02:52 PM.

talkinjibberish #43 Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:53 PM

Major

• Player
  • 20538 battles

View PostT0byJug, on 08 April 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

Hay mungo just 1 point looking at you most played tanks in each class they are all some of the tanks with the most complaints against them as being OP on this forum for there tier and Class. to be honest I think your comment is a little arrogant!!! 

Yes low(and high) skilled players that are trying to improve there Damage/Kill ratios will use Arti as a game win when you are playing arti more often that not is a game where you survived and took no damage. But playing Arti will not increase you winrate.

As i said i have no problem with arti and I am no where close to being as skilled a player as you!!!! But I only have 3% of my games in arti!

[edited]

Edited by Neilloss46, 12 April 2015 - 08:11 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. Neilloss46

danuttah #44 Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 58703 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostEvil_Mungo, on 08 April 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

He is using his tank better than me and deserves to kill me.  He is open to being spotted and countered by me every time he tries to take one of those shots on me.  Every time he firesd he doesn't know if someone is in a position to spot him (like I should be in that scenario).  If I played better I would've been able to outspot him and kill him.  My own lack of skill meant that I didn't deserve to win in that case.

Scouts are very very difficult to play effectively - he deserved to beat me in that scenario as in the above example.  Those players are open to my counter in return if I position myself better.  I have killed enemies that are unspotted AND out of render range when they have been doing so.  They were open to my skill and I outskilled them.  Arty is not, in the vast number of cases, open to being outskilled.

You cannot be effective in a game and arty safe at the same time.  Another reason why it is bad - it rewards camping and punishes active play.

Who is easier to hit - Talkinshite, sitting behind his artysafe  rock in base, not helping his team or Fyreon pushing a flank?

This. End of discussion. There is nothing more to say here. It's a broken game mechanic. Generally, those who disagree with this are the people that don't have to endure being shot at by them game after game after game....

Edited by danuttah, 08 April 2015 - 02:55 PM.

SDGsteve #45 Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23764 battles
  • [-XFS-] -XFS-

Another boring arty topic :arta: :arta: :arta:

RaeudigerRonny #46 Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:56 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26925 battles
  • [ODIN6] ODIN6
I love Arty.

Arty_Loves_You #47 Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:58 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33869 battles

You say arty, then qualify the arty you were talking about.... Please qualify what 'arty' is to you before hand?

No-one cares about low tier battles? Bollox again Mungo. Many many people play low tier battles, for reasons. I play because it's my tier that I can do OK in due to a lack of skill at higher tier. So what's wrong and disparaging about that? 

OMG!!! He doesn't play tier 10!!! He has no skillz.....

Seriously. 

Arty is broken, you say. You then can't argue/convince/counter the argument that to me the Bishop (a tier 5 arty) isn't exactly as arty should be! Yet, the CGC is! I can tell you quite certainly now, before I even get the CGC, I'll ruin more peoples games in the Bishop than the CGC, game by game.

Am I rambling again.....

T0byJug #48 Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19367 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posttalkinjibberish, on 08 April 2015 - 02:53 PM, said:

[edited]

Ok I find Mungo comment a little arrogant!!! I find your comment much worse!! Just because someone has high stats douse not mean they cheat. by any means! in fact if it was possible to quantify who uses such mods i bet the VAST Vast majority will be people with stats like you and I

Arty_Loves_You #49 Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:59 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33869 battles

View PostDomstadtkerl, on 08 April 2015 - 01:56 PM, said:

I love Arty.

And I love you too.....

Evil_Mungo #50 Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:00 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Commander
  • 28225 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostT0byJug, on 08 April 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

What tanks do you consider me to have played that are OP for their class?

My statement was a statement of fact - high skill players tend to want arty fixed or removed while lower skilled player tend to defend it.  There's nothing subjective about it.

Evil_Mungo #51 Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:02 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Commander
  • 28225 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostArty_Loves_You, on 08 April 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

You say arty, then qualify the arty you were talking about.... Please qualify what 'arty' is to you before hand?

No-one cares about low tier battles? Bollox again Mungo. Many many people play low tier battles, for reasons. I play because it's my tier that I can do OK in due to a lack of skill at higher tier. So what's wrong and disparaging about that? 

OMG!!! He doesn't play tier 10!!! He has no skillz.....

Seriously. 

Arty is broken, you say. You then can't argue/convince/counter the argument that to me the Bishop (a tier 5 arty) isn't exactly as arty should be! Yet, the CGC is! I can tell you quite certainly now, before I even get the CGC, I'll ruin more peoples games in the Bishop than the CGC, game by game.

Am I rambling again.....

Yes, you are rambling.  Arty at high tiers is a MAJOR problem while arty at lowtiers is just badly designed.  Whenever I say that arty is a bad mechanic, you can read that to mean high-tier arty.  Lowtier arty is still for bad players but it isn't nearly as effective.

TO_FR #52 Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15301 battles

View PostEvil_Mungo, on 08 April 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

Higher skill players tend to think that arty is not working as it should be or should be removed.  Lower skilled players tend to defend it.

lolz

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

While your statement is true, it is only half the truth which makes it completely wrong.

The lower you go and the more anti-arty warriors you will find too. And the closer you get to the very very worst of what wot has to offer playerwise the more you'll have to agree, but since you can't see that on this particular forum....... go to general chat for a while, you might read some very interesting anti-arty insults and whine and not exactly from good players. For one good player rejecting arty you'll find two rubbish players rejecting arty, if you decide to have a look.

So disliking arty = testament of skill and/or experience ? I don't think so. That's just an easy way to discard arguments :)

Low- or noskill arty haters are legions and they represent most of the anti-arty army.

Edited by TO_FR, 08 April 2015 - 03:08 PM.

danuttah #53 Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 58703 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostTO_FR, on 08 April 2015 - 03:07 PM, said:

lolz

While your statement is true, it is only half the truth which makes it completely wrong.

The lower you go and the more anti-arty warriors you will find too. And the closer you get to the very very worst of what wot has to offer playerwise the more you'll have to agree, but since you can't see that on this particular forum....... go to general chat for a while, you might read some very interesting anti-arty insults and whine and not exactly from good players. For one good player rejecting arty you'll find two rubbish players rejecting arty, if you decide to have a look.

So disliking arty = testament of skill and/or experience ? I don't think so. That's just an easy way to discard arguments :)

Low- or noskill arty haters are legions and they represent most of the anti-arty army.

Isn't this about volumes though? even if 95% of blunicums hate arty, from a volume point of view, that's still going to be a hell of a lot less than 5% of the lower skilled players who hate arty.....

Edited by danuttah, 08 April 2015 - 03:13 PM.

T0byJug #54 Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19367 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostEvil_Mungo, on 08 April 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

What tanks do you consider me to have played that are OP for their class?

My statement was a statement of fact - high skill players tend to want arty fixed or removed while lower skilled player tend to defend it.  There's nothing subjective about it.

Ow Come on Mungo!!!!

Meds

Type 59/Bat 25

Heavy

IS3/KV85

TD's

Hellcat/FV215b (DEATHSTAR)

and there just the obviase ones all in your top 5 most played tanks by class!! these where/Still are some of the most unbalanced tanks in the game!! and caused much bigger issues than Arti Ever has.

TO_FR #55 Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15301 battles

View Postdanuttah, on 08 April 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

Isn't this about volumes though? even if 95% of blunicums hate arty, from a volume point of view, that's still going to be a hell of a lot less than 5% of the lower skilled players who hate arty.....

5%, really ? i think it's more like 2-3%............

ask around to those low skilled players who have an opinion (most surely won't care) and you'll see it's a majority against arty

Edited by TO_FR, 08 April 2015 - 03:16 PM.

Evil_Mungo #56 Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:16 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Commander
  • 28225 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostTO_FR, on 08 April 2015 - 02:07 PM, said:

lolz

While you'll find very very few good player saying that it's good.

My statement stands.

Somnorila #57 Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:16 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 57002 battles

View PostEvil_Mungo, on 08 April 2015 - 02:33 PM, said:

I said this in another thread already but seems i have to do it again. Arty is is a class that enriches the game adding new possibilities regarding strategies for team v team matches i think no one disputes this but because in randoms where is a perfect playground for having fun, harassing, trolling, farm and so on arty can be very annoying specially when you are in the middle of bullying some noob and get rekt. That's why only "rotten apples" from the elite end of the playerbase hates arty and is ranting everywhere that is broken. Deal with it and move on already.

TO_FR #58 Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15301 battles

View PostEvil_Mungo, on 08 April 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

Lower skilled players tend to defend it.

This is the wrong half of your statement

Edited by TO_FR, 08 April 2015 - 03:18 PM.

I_DiD_ #59 Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1462 battles
  • [PGGY] PGGY

Let those vodka belorussians,those people don't know why they are on earth. How should such persone know what is one of the biggest problem in game!

Tell me, how on earth can some1 accros map have 4 direct hits from 5 shells fired? Are you **** kidding me? 

talkinjibberish #60 Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:23 PM

Major

• Player
  • 20538 battles

View PostI_DiD_, on 08 April 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

Let those vodka belorussians,those people don't know why they are on earth. How should such persone know what is one of the biggest problem in game!

Tell me, how on earth can some1 accros map have 4 direct hits from 5 shells fired? Are you **** kidding me? 

awww....did the big bad arty hit you?? how come you where playing against tier 8 arty when you only have 83 games

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users