AMX CDC appreciation topic

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: AMX CDC (165 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

What equipment do you use? (3 max)

1. Vertical Stabilizer Mk. 1 (136 votes [27.98%])

Percentage of vote: 27.98%

2. Toolbox (3 votes [0.62%])

Percentage of vote: 0.62%

3. CO2 Filled Tanks (3 votes [0.62%])

4. GLD (22 votes [4.53%])

Percentage of vote: 4.53%

5. Optics (83 votes [17.08%])

Percentage of vote: 17.08%

6. Binocs (13 votes [2.67%])

Percentage of vote: 2.67%

7. Rammer (138 votes [28.40%])

Percentage of vote: 28.40%

8. Spall Liner (2 votes [0.41%])

Percentage of vote: 0.41%

9. Enh. Torsion Bars (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

10. WAR (6 votes [1.23%])

Percentage of vote: 1.23%

11. Vents (77 votes [15.84%])

Percentage of vote: 15.84%

12. Camo Net (3 votes [0.62%])

What consumables do you use? (3 max)

1. Addictive Brown Stuff (19 votes [3.93%])

Percentage of vote: 3.93%

2. Prem Repair Kit (31 votes [6.40%])

Percentage of vote: 6.40%

3. Prem Aid Kit (21 votes [4.34%])

Percentage of vote: 4.34%

4. Auto-extinguisher (66 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

5. 105-octane Fuel (3 votes [0.62%])

6. 100-octane Fuel (3 votes [0.62%])

7. Small Repair Kit (146 votes [30.17%])

Percentage of vote: 30.17%

8. Small Aid Kit (133 votes [27.48%])

Percentage of vote: 27.48%

9. Manual-extinguisher (62 votes [12.81%])

Percentage of vote: 12.81%

How much gold ammo do you use (on average) each game? (1 max)

1. 1-2 (85 votes [51.52%])

Percentage of vote: 51.52%

2. 1-4 (26 votes [15.76%])

Percentage of vote: 15.76%

3. 2-5 (31 votes [18.79%])

Percentage of vote: 18.79%

4. More than 5 (23 votes [13.94%])

Percentage of vote: 13.94%

Vote Hide poll

MuggenZifter #41 Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6538 battles
The CDC is an awesome tank but the topspeed is to low

MickShagger #42 Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18522 battles
Is this tank like a Tier 8 Cromwell?

Edited by Bramhetkanon, 28 June 2016 - 01:18 PM.

The_Georgian_One #43 Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39709 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN

View PostBramhetkanon, on 28 June 2016 - 01:04 PM, said:

Far from it. It's bigger, worse cammo and you can't circle other tanks because it turns like a pregnant whale. Also tier for tier Cromwell has better armor (though both have bad armor).

Noo_Noo #44 Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:41 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22437 battles

View PostMuggenZifter, on 18 May 2016 - 06:38 PM, said:

The CDC is an awesome tank but the topspeed is to low

57kph is too slow??

Turning speed and turning circle is shocking I agree but top speed is fine. I'd like it more if it reversed a bit quicker though. 

Noo_Noo #45 Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:52 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22437 battles

View PostBramhetkanon, on 28 June 2016 - 01:04 PM, said:

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 29 June 2016 - 03:17 PM, said:

Far from it. It's bigger, worse cammo and you can't circle other tanks because it turns like a pregnant whale. Also tier for tier Cromwell has better armor (though both have bad armor).

I think its more like a post camo nerfed Hellcat. No armour, poor reverse, turning  not so good but a very useful gun. 

I have a real mixed bag of results with this tank. I'm a pretty mediocre player but every now and then I get a really decent game in it Otherwise I do ok and then there's the obvious disaster games. 

Not sure if others have games like this but sometimes I cant miss a slice of bacon side on at 600m while on other occasions I couldn't hit an elephant if it were sat on the barrel. I don't last long in these games.

The other thing is the fragility of the modules, particularly the ammo rack. That is really frustrating as you simply cant go into a situation where you're happy to trade a bit of HP to get a kill. Get hit and there's a good chance your ammo rack is damaged and then you're toast. 

So I try hard to play as a support tank with some distance. It's not easy as sometimes you simply cant get into a good firing position without getting nailed yourself. 

That said I enjoy playing the tank but it is not forgiving but its also obvious that there's a good few people out there who've had really good and consistent results with it. I don't have any marks of excellence and only managed 2nd class even after games of over 3.5k damage. 

Edited by Noo_Noo, 08 July 2016 - 08:56 PM.

Kurghan #46 Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:28 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 36719 battles

tumppi776 #47 Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:12 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 45486 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD

Yup appreciated:

http://wotreplays.com/site/2882780#mountain_pass-tumppi776-amx_chasseur_de_chars

Ionise #48 Posted 09 October 2016 - 09:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5470 battles

I read around for the best credit maker that was fairly cheap and offers a nice challenge, so I eventually ended up with a CDC in my garage. I'm not that much of an experienced/good player so I just want some second opinions:

• It feels like a fire magnet - as soon as I'm spotted I'm getting shot at by multiple people. The fact that every hitting round penetrates doesn't help. I get that the terrible armour and large profile makes it a nice big paper target to shoot at, but it's like people specifically love watching CDCs die.
  • I'm trying to play so cautiously on account of the above that I don't end up doing much damage.
  • The accuracy is 'good' in the sense of dispersion, but RNG seems to be dicking me around. The shot never seems to go right down the centre, and is often as far away from it as possible.

Does any of that sound familiar to anyone? I acknowledged that this tank is for "capable" players before I bought it so I might just have some learning to do

Edited by Ionise, 09 October 2016 - 09:42 PM.

Noo_Noo #49 Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:37 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22437 battles

View PostIonise, on 09 October 2016 - 09:30 PM, said:

I read around for the best credit maker that was fairly cheap and offers a nice challenge, so I eventually ended up with a CDC in my garage. I'm not that much of an experienced/good player so I just want some second opinions:

• It feels like a fire magnet - as soon as I'm spotted I'm getting shot at by multiple people. The fact that every hitting round penetrates doesn't help. I get that the terrible armour and large profile makes it a nice big paper target to shoot at, but it's like people specifically love watching CDCs die.
  • I'm trying to play so cautiously on account of the above that I don't end up doing much damage.
  • The accuracy is 'good' in the sense of dispersion, but RNG seems to be dicking me around. The shot never seems to go right down the centre, and is often as far away from it as possible.

Does any of that sound familiar to anyone? I acknowledged that this tank is for "capable" players before I bought it so I might just have some learning to do

yep

You forgot getting ammo racked every minute. 

I'm getting better with it but there are still games that you just get spotted no matter how far back you are. It's almost as if there's some hidden spotting or camo stats that crop up in certain games. As if something decides you are going to be spotted constantly no matter what you do. 

But there are people having very good games in it and consistently too so it must be me. I've had the odd really good game but doing this consistently is tough (for me)

Cobra6 #50 Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:56 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16458 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

It is a really nice tank but there are two issues with it that really need addressing by now.

1) The ground resistance values need to be fixed, this tank is pretty much a light tank with more HP so it needs to turn like a light tank not only accelerate as one. Currently it turns like the Titanic sitting on gravel.

2) With the above in mind, it needs light tank aimtime/gunhandling, it takes far too long to aim now and without armour and being a huge target that is not really right.

Cobra 6

Noo_Noo #51 Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:51 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22437 battles

View PostCobra6, on 22 October 2016 - 09:56 AM, said:

It is a really nice tank but there are two issues with it that really need addressing by now.

1) The ground resistance values need to be fixed, this tank is pretty much a light tank with more HP so it needs to turn like a light tank not only accelerate as one. Currently it turns like the Titanic sitting on gravel.

2) With the above in mind, it needs light tank aimtime/gunhandling, it takes far too long to aim now and without armour and being a huge target that is not really right.

Cobra 6

Agreed. As it stands I find it almost works best as a hybrid TD. A little bit back, near cover and sniping or ducking up and down a ridge line, again at distance. That way I can get round the slow aim time. It does flank quite well later in the game too. 

The acceleration from a standing start sucks and it turns like the titanic. 

That said I'm far from a good player in this thing. Some people are obviously getting far better results in it than I am. 

__Santana__ #52 Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:56 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 41739 battles
  • [SI-S] SI-S

View PostNoo_Noo, on 25 October 2016 - 08:51 AM, said:

Agreed. As it stands I find it almost works best as a hybrid TD. A little bit back, near cover and sniping or ducking up and down a ridge line, again at distance. That way I can get round the slow aim time. It does flank quite well later in the game too. 
The acceleration from a standing start sucks and it turns like the titanic. 

That said I'm far from a good player in this thing. Some people are obviously getting far better results in it than I am.

Thing is it doesn't perform well as a td with that gun. When I bought it, it was one of my favorites, but now I rarely play it. Panzer 58 mutz is a lot better, awesome camo, gun and some armor, that can save you in some situations.

Noo_Noo #53 Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:43 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22437 battles

View PostT29Swift, on 03 December 2016 - 11:56 AM, said:

Thing is it doesn't perform well as a td with that gun. When I bought it, it was one of my favorites, but now I rarely play it. Panzer 58 mutz is a lot better, awesome camo, gun and some armor, that can save you in some situations.

Its the only way I can stay half healthy so that I can survive deep into the game and really use the speed when the game is open. I wouldn't advise going gun ho in it early game. I love shooting CDC's and I bet most others do too. losing HP and modules early in the game is just not a good idea. 

i'm certainly open to ideas on how to play it better

Edited by Noo_Noo, 09 December 2016 - 10:47 PM.

tumppi776 #54 Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:23 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 45486 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD

View PostCobra6, on 22 October 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

Cobra 6

Theres skill and equipment to mitigate those issues. Well the turning doesnt get That much better - but I have no problems with the gun - as I have everything 'cept food to boost accuracy and bloom stats.

1.84s aimtime and 0.31 accuracy. if you cant make a gun work with those stats....

Edited by tumppi776, 12 December 2016 - 10:24 AM.

SonyAD #55 Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 48438 battles

View PostHaikonnen, on 14 September 2015 - 11:06 AM, said:

I don't like it. But it's not of the tank itself, it's because of the ridiculous map design. Everytime I see all these wannabe experts saying "it's you not the tank, just learn flanking manevures....." I keep asking myself on exactly what percentage of the maps that WG puts out can you actually make a "flanking" maneuver. Maybe like 10 % ?? I don't know and it's not important becase it's not the point of my post. The point of my post is that because of the poor map design, tanks like CDC are absolutely useless, on most maps, the choices you have are like 3 or 4 corridors to go through, rest of the map is just inaccesible garbage. Try to fight in these conditions with a tank like CDC - impossible. You're just dead within seconds. That's why I consider buying this tank one of the worst mistakes I made when playing WOT.

This^.

Map design is why this game turned to crapand is crap. There are tanks in this game that have nothing, nothing but their concealment and spotting range advantage to be able to snipe. No armor to speak of. Such tanks should not be forced to play corridors at 200 meters or less because of absolutely abysmal map design of this abysmal game.

You get a light tank or a tank destroyer or a medium tank which, for all intents and purposes, is a light tank - such as the CDC, then you should *not* get city maps. And the open maps should be far bigger and far flatter.

Not small and full of contrived magical cliffs with steep slopes leading up to the edge of the cliff so as to make it impossible to hull down behind them except in something with 12 degrees of depression or more. You know, just to force you to brawl in a corridor with a light tank or some craplike that.

This is the main reason why this game is simply a money grabbing turd. Unfortunately' it's addictive and when you've already invested countless hours in it it's hard to drop it and actually find something worthwhile to do with your time. Even while I know what a turd this game is, I still find myself pouring money in it for no good reason at all. Such as on this turd of a tank right here.

Same thing when I'm forced to play corridors at 200 meters or less on city maps in my Waffenträger auf Pz. IV whose crew I have trained concealment to 100% and unlocked BIA and on which I have Binos, coated optics and camouflage net as well camouflage paint applied.

This is why this game is crap.

Maps are crapsmall and crapdesigned (arbitrary, contrived, restrictive) and there is no balance. Tanks with no armour whose owners invest heavily in camouflage and spotting ability with get shafted because spotting range is capped and so is view range and they get lots of small and/or city maps and even open maps are crapbecause they are purposefully designed for you to not be able to reliably engage at long ranges, where you have spotting and concealment advantage.

There is no clear advantage towards maximising some aspects of a tank so some classes of tanks in the game are just crap. If you get a heavily armored tank your mobility and aim time and accuracy and load time and concealment will just be crapand you'll be massacred by artillery and gold spamming or APCR as standard mediums.

If you get a TD with no armor or a light tank and maximize concealment and spotting ability (cause you can't expect people to actually spot for you in pubs if you've a TD) then you get shafted by the crapmap design and crapsmall maps, with lots of small but tall hills and sweeping, crooked or short streets so you can't really snipe out of spotting range, forcing you to fight in corridors or squares at insta-permaspot ranges with tanks and TDs that have no armor at all and are heavily reliant on concealment.

Not to mention the whole idea of a spotting system in the first place being broken A. F., with magically disappearing or magically invisible tanks at ranges you would spot them with the naked eye at, let alone with the aid of optics and *after* they fired.

Oh, and too bad you have an accurate gun with a good aim time. The completely arbitrary and contrived dispersion model will [edited]up your shot anyway.

Cause Wargaming doesn't believe in normal distribution of shell trajectory. They believe in lalaland contrived, purely arbitrary, purely [edited]physics model of shell dispersion that has [edited]all to do with reality and is just yet another crap means of achieving the crap balance this crap game has.

Edited by SonyAD, 10 January 2017 - 02:07 PM.

ThePegasus1979 #56 Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22919 battles

CDC still is a go-to tanks, even months after absence it is always a pleasure to play it :)

Ace, High Caliber, 2 kills, 3.8k dmg, 4 spots, 900 assist

http://wotreplays.com/site/3249878

_Bolt #57 Posted 27 January 2017 - 04:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 64478 battles
In tier X is a piece of junk.

catalinike #58 Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:34 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 38581 battles
  • [CTRL-] CTRL-
it needs a buff at the aimtime....cuz mutz...panther ....and other premium tanks ....not including the OP ones ...like patriot...liberte...etc.....with this pice of crap ...AMX CDC they shoot you twice and you still aim for the first second shot....cuz the frist one you've just mised

Edited by catalinike, 08 March 2017 - 09:35 AM.

Guard7309 #59 Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9673 battles
i got this tank recently, its the worst tank i've been in, it has no gun handling, therefore, i miss every shot... its unplayable

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users