ETA on Multi Core Support.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

XxXSpottedYouXxX #1 Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23672 battles
  • [4077] 4077
Hello world of tanks.

I have an I7 Quad Core.

This core has 4 logical cores i am asking if you are going to introduce multi core support 97% of people now do not use a single based core at least any gamers.

My concern is i spend around 70 quid a month on this game i am worried about this game never supporting cores at least 2 cores mine being 4 i pay a lot of money for this game for now that may change if proper core based shaders are not implemented i am wondering what your plan is to make the game run ultra smooth on I7 Quad core processors ?

My game still jitters freezes FPS lag etc iv turned everything down to medium and still get bad FPS this is on an I7 2630QM + GTX560M.

I understand many threads may of been made but i think this game will last me a life time if they make better support of the features a prime example of golden support would be dawn of war 2 everything needed is in this game and just to note i bought all of them almost 100 pounds worth of purchases because they have superior support.

I am wondering what the world of tanks intends to do to make the game run nice and smooth on bigger machines like mine my pal has an geforce 9600 + intel pentium 4 and his game runs better than mine a prime example of single shaded support terrible if you ask me.

cheers for reading i am greatly concerned.

shnbwmn #2 Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13669 battles
  • [UN1TE] UN1TE
Core i3 here, it's a pity i can't use my rig to the max http://forum.worldof...t/Smile_sad.gif

XxXSpottedYouXxX #3 Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23672 battles
  • [4077] 4077

View Postshnbwmn, on 31 July 2011 - 10:07 PM, said:

Core i3 here, it's a pity i can't use my rig to the max http://forum.worldof...t/Smile_sad.gif

If they brought it in you would have a massive gain me however im still concerned quad cores are today's leaders in the market and this game does not take full advantage of that.

Manhunt 2 that was released on pc has quad core support and that game sucks compared to manhunt 1 but they still added support because people asked for it like im asking for it.

This game is great the problem is how lazy are the people behind it im sure its not up to a lazy dev to give the go ahead but its time this game needs more of it on the bug and FPS side full tech trees are good yeah nice one but the problem still remains your only bringing smaller updates that no one cares for at least myself i would rather see graphical improvements before you bring the better tech trees in.

I should be playing this game at a stable rate but every game i enter i am flooded with 14-24 fps ladies and gentlemen this is on an I7 quad ................and a powerful 3GB GPU.

Can you see my wanting for this ?

Surely people understand how important this is.

Nandee #4 Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:12 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 23786 battles
  • [VIHAR] VIHAR
Interesting, I have no real performance issues on a Phenom II X4 955 wich runs only at 3,2 GHZ... And having a weak AMD Radeon HD5770 with only 1 GB of VRAM
Playing in FullHD sure, I have some things to med, but that's because of the weak VGA... but the game still looks great

Fum #5 Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:41 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 9024 battles
  • [FAIL] FAIL
The game supports 2 cores since a long time ago. Don't know about you, but when I play it both my Core2Duo show that they are 100% used.

Heinola #6 Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13868 battles
  • [SVCW] SVCW
i just tested this dual core support.
And I get only one core 100% used shen playing Wot.
Second core is just at low 10-20% and only peaked at 100% when Tabbing between Windows and WoT.