Jump to content


AMX 1357 F ?

AMX 1357 light premium

  • Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

FluffyRedFox #81 Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:00 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 25286 battles
  • 9,135
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012

View PostEokokok, on 17 September 2017 - 12:43 PM, said:

And how does it fare compared to other lights? It just seem that mid tier lights all are overperforming across the board for now.

LTG - Pretty balanced

T71 - Slightly above the reference  line, overperforming.

SPIC - Underperforming.

13 75 - Pretty much slap bang on the reference line.

WZ-131 - Again, on the reference line.

Type 62 - Overperforming almost by the same amount as the 13 57.

 

And here's the mess that is all of them on the same graph

 



Eokokok #82 Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:04 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 18742 battles
  • 6,162
  • Member since:
    04-20-2012

Well, it seems that it will be more due to short sale in the period when the prem LTs were garbage as much as normal ones more then tanks being anything special then.

 

Can't see a reason why anyone would specifically want to buy this one, nothing stands out about it apart from terrible gun.



Zirakss #83 Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:30 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 17165 battles
  • 556
  • [U__G] U__G
  • Member since:
    06-09-2012

View PostEokokok, on 17 September 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

Well, it seems that it will be more due to short sale in the period when the prem LTs were garbage as much as normal ones more then tanks being anything special then.

 

Can't see a reason why anyone would specifically want to buy this one, nothing stands out about it apart from terrible gun.

 

Before the rebalance of the lights and introduction of the new matchmaker this tank wasn't. Now it's terror on tracks.

 

There are two strong points for this vehicle:

  • It can be now top tier. As any light tank now. Before the rework, it could happen too, but that was a game in a hundred or even more. With the new matchmarker it happens regulary.
  • While all other non premium light tanks have gotten a treatment with the nerf-hammer or at least a rebalance, this little monster is unchanged.


FluffyRedFox #84 Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:39 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 25286 battles
  • 9,135
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012

View PostZirakss, on 17 September 2017 - 08:30 PM, said:

 

  • , this little monster is unchanged.

Not even that because they gave it v stab ;v



keyres #85 Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:03 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 35599 battles
  • 1,301
  • [F-T-R] F-T-R
  • Member since:
    12-26-2010

View Postfishbob101, on 17 September 2017 - 01:00 PM, said:

LTG - Pretty balanced

T71 - Slightly above the reference  line, overperforming.

SPIC - Underperforming.

13 75 - Pretty much slap bang on the reference line.

WZ-131 - Again, on the reference line.

Type 62 - Overperforming almost by the same amount as the 13 57.

 

And here's the mess that is all of them on the same graph

 

 

That makes no sense, as in my experience T71 is just muuuch better than type 62 ever could be (even though my type 62 crew is better and I run food with it, it's still plain worse).

commer #86 Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:54 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38280 battles
  • 1,995
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011

View Postkeyres, on 02 October 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

 

That makes no sense, as in my experience T71 is just muuuch better than type 62 ever could be (even though my type 62 crew is better and I run food with it, it's still plain worse).

 

It plays better for you but have in mind type62 isnot penned by he and since it cannot be easaily overmatched it bounces more. You get good 180 alpha, 200 more dpm over t71, Really good gun handling. Plus it's a premium so you can run food and still earn. 

 

 

Still amx 13 57 is much better since it can clip full health scouts, lower tier heavies and meds.



keyres #87 Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:13 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 35599 battles
  • 1,301
  • [F-T-R] F-T-R
  • Member since:
    12-26-2010

View Postcommer, on 11 October 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

 

It plays better for you but have in mind type62 isnot penned by he and since it cannot be easaily overmatched it bounces more. You get good 180 alpha, 200 more dpm over t71, Really good gun handling. Plus it's a premium so you can run food and still earn. 

 

 

Still amx 13 57 is much better since it can clip full health scouts, lower tier heavies and meds.

 

200 dpm less? I thought T71's DPM was lower than that - honestly if that's the price you are paying for that clip it's a no-brainer. I really don't get HE penned that often with my T71 - e.g. type 62's HE is just barely not good enough through the front armour (also bear in mind that type's side armour is actually inferior). All the extra armour type gets will give you a lucky bounce in maybe a 100 games. Meanwhile extra speed and agility of T71 will allow you to get away with stuff that you simply cannot do with type regularly.

 

Gun handling isn't really that much better - though the clip makes a miss with T71 that much more painful. And type gets crap shell speed too (~500 m/s less) which always annoys me.

I honestly can't imagine anyone preferring type 62. None of the slight edges it has come even near to offset T71's advantages.



commer #88 Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:09 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38280 battles
  • 1,995
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011

View Postkeyres, on 12 October 2017 - 08:13 PM, said:

 

200 dpm less? I thought T71's DPM was lower than that - honestly if that's the price you are paying for that clip it's a no-brainer. I really don't get HE penned that often with my T71 - e.g. type 62's HE is just barely not good enough through the front armour (also bear in mind that type's side armour is actually inferior). All the extra armour type gets will give you a lucky bounce in maybe a 100 games. Meanwhile extra speed and agility of T71 will allow you to get away with stuff that you simply cannot do with type regularly.

 

Gun handling isn't really that much better - though the clip makes a miss with T71 that much more painful. And type gets crap shell speed too (~500 m/s less) which always annoys me.

I honestly can't imagine anyone preferring type 62. None of the slight edges it has come even near to offset T71's advantages.

 

I'm not saying type62 will he pen you. I'm saying other tanks will HE pen your t71. Hell I spam HE at t71 in my LTG since the AVG dmg is 300. Type62 rarely gets penned by other tanks shooting you with HE. 

 

Also the bounces on the type62 are more common than once in 100 games. The only thing that annoys me is different crew layout than my type64 so I can't switch crews to get full vr. 


Plus yeah most of the overperforming comes from the fact that it's a prem vehicle. Kind of like Cromwell vs Cromwell B. 



keyres #89 Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:21 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 35599 battles
  • 1,301
  • [F-T-R] F-T-R
  • Member since:
    12-26-2010

View Postcommer, on 31 October 2017 - 12:09 PM, said:

 

I'm not saying type62 will he pen you. I'm saying other tanks will HE pen your t71. Hell I spam HE at t71 in my LTG since the AVG dmg is 300. Type62 rarely gets penned by other tanks shooting you with HE. 

 

Also the bounces on the type62 are more common than once in 100 games. The only thing that annoys me is different crew layout than my type64 so I can't switch crews to get full vr. 


Plus yeah most of the overperforming comes from the fact that it's a prem vehicle. Kind of like Cromwell vs Cromwell B. 

 

And LTG's HE is still not quite enough to pen T71's front (~30% chance on UFP). I honestly don't get HE spammed in T71 that much.

And well, the type's armour effectiveness is something I doubt you'll sway me on - if anything, the only reason type 62 would get less HE fired at it would be because people don't realise just how thin the armour is (side pens with HE are really easy - it's actually 2 mm of armour less than T71 you insist gets rekt by HE).



commer #90 Posted 05 November 2017 - 10:15 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38280 battles
  • 1,995
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011

View Postkeyres, on 03 November 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

 

And LTG's HE is still not quite enough to pen T71's front (~30% chance on UFP). I honestly don't get HE spammed in T71 that much.

And well, the type's armour effectiveness is something I doubt you'll sway me on - if anything, the only reason type 62 would get less HE fired at it would be because people don't realise just how thin the armour is (side pens with HE are really easy - it's actually 2 mm of armour less than T71 you insist gets rekt by HE).

 

You don't spam it at the angled UFP FFS. I'm not retarded. 

 

Also no one shoots HE at sides since you risk hitting the tracks. 



keyres #91 Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:14 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 35599 battles
  • 1,301
  • [F-T-R] F-T-R
  • Member since:
    12-26-2010

View Postcommer, on 05 November 2017 - 10:15 PM, said:

You don't spam it at the angled UFP FFS. I'm not retarded. 

 

Also no one shoots HE at sides since you risk hitting the tracks. 

 

Okay, if you shoot neither the sides nor the UFP with HE, then where do "spam" your HE at? LFP? Turret?

You see, that is really likely to fail if the enemy light decides to, you know, use its mobility.

 

You claim to wreck T71s with HE, and from drivers perspective - it's not a tenth of an issue you make it out to be.



commer #92 Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:24 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38280 battles
  • 1,995
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011

View Postkeyres, on 12 November 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

 

Okay, if you shoot neither the sides nor the UFP with HE, then where do "spam" your HE at? LFP? Turret?

You see, that is really likely to fail if the enemy light decides to, you know, use its mobility.

 

You claim to wreck T71s with HE, and from drivers perspective - it's not a tenth of an issue you make it out to be.

 

 

Turret and sides above tracks. Yeah if the enemy light uses its mobility I use normal rounds but when I'm sneaking up I reload HE for 300 dmg. I might have overexagerated how easy it is to do but still being prone to HE is a factor. Recently I was unlucky in one day m4 and m4e2 derps penned my 13 57 4 times in one day. You think ooh 4 times is not much but taking 50% of your hp from a lower tier tank and wrecking modules is a problem. Well that and I get triggered by being penned by HE.



commer #93 Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:24 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38280 battles
  • 1,995
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011
Finally 3 marks. Jesus 2580 combined for December and I barely made it. 

123random #94 Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:38 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16019 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    09-29-2015
I was really looking forward to buying this tank this year, but it hasn't been available throughout the whole of 2017. Do you think it will return to the shop one time in 2018 or will WG release a new french tier 8 light anyways?

forrest_dumb #95 Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:07 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 21996 battles
  • 2,458
  • [DEPAC] DEPAC
  • Member since:
    02-21-2015

View PostZirakss, on 17 September 2017 - 08:30 PM, said:

this little monster is unchanged.

 

Thats not true.

The 1357 got a vertical stabilizer in 9.18. :trollface:

 


 

@topic:

1357 and Type 62 are really powerful since 9.18.

 

But they are not that common, because they where somewhat bad before and only sold in small numbers.

Now this two underdogs raised to the top and all tankcollectors, which bought them before, where rewarded with two really powerful tanks.

 

1357 is placed 36th and Type 62 is placed 43rd in the "Frequency of Occurence Ranking" for Tier 7 Vehicles.

 

So they are not that big of a problem for the game, as long as they will never be on sale again.



Darth_Yoda #96 Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:09 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 311 battles
  • 312
  • Member since:
    02-04-2012
1260 base exp, only 2nd class. :ohmy:

NoobySkooby #97 Posted 01 April 2018 - 11:11 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 16219 battles
  • 4,465
  • [S052] S052
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011
Just got mine today and i found I could put a vertical stabiliser on it. The tank is fun but i admit i am abysmal in light tanks, still onwards and upwards.

_Potato_from_Poland #98 Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:13 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 30844 battles
  • 66
  • [FIPZD] FIPZD
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011
1412 base XP, 1class




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users