• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

arjun69 #1 Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 104971 battles
  • [ARJ] ARJ

which equipment to use?

i have the 152mm cannon, tried the 90 mm for 20 games and didnt like it.

most of my other scouts i drive asscouts mainly but that would be a waste in the t49 imo.

i have put my 6 skill t40 crew in it so it has bia. together with the installed vents thats 10% plus base skill.

because of the load time of the cannon i installed a rammer and reload time is 18.99 econds.

viewrange on the tanks is 400 m. viewrange skills are availlable in the crew, bia and vents should contribute too. i installed binocs because then i should have a viewrange near 550 m.

just had a 3000 damage/2000 assisted damge battle in it (8/8 hits and tank sniper), wasnt too bad for my skilllevel.

is there something wrong with my reasoning. are egld or stabilizers better options?

if yes whats the ideal setup?

Edited by arjun69, 18 April 2015 - 07:48 PM.

Catastrophe #2 Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:41 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10279 battles

Personally prefer optics over binocs not just in the 49 but lights in general as in higher tiers the latter feels like I am pigeonholing myself to a specific role and those games (and many maps) don't lend themselves well to passive play.. plus if you've put any sort of time into the crew a decent loadout will leave you well above 445, but with the added bonus of being able to be mobile as you are a marked target... you more or less end up lighting stuff up by accident you otherwise would never had detected via binocs while somebody is trying to hunt you down

Vents and vert stab in other slots..   might just be worth tinkering about with different loadouts till you find what you like (something like vert stab, rammer gld) if you want to specifically put the derp to work

Edited by Catastrophe, 21 April 2015 - 09:46 AM.

c0keb0ttle #3 Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18162 battles

I don't use rammer, because DPM is (kinda) unimportant for that tank, at least how I play it. The gun handling is so bad that I run both VS and GLD. Third slot is Vents, again for gun handling.

BiA is a must for crew skills, again to help with the gun. I'd run Cola instead of Fire ext, but I've had some nasty fires in it. :(

I basically run it as a medium/close range support tank, not a scout.

Edited by c0keb0ttle, 22 April 2015 - 11:07 PM.

tnk_x5000 #4 Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31078 battles
I had posted that text in the wrong place...

Reading the Wiki and knowing how the KV-2's howitzer works, I am thinking about using this build:

Enhanced Gun Laying Drive/Vertical Stabilizer, Rammer and Binoculars/Optics;

BiA (after a skill reset), stabilization, camo and view range skills.

The whole line is a line of fighter-scout hybrids and when I play light tanks, I play scout. In all cases, there must be at least one view range buff in the equipment. So, my build has to favor scouting and allow for better gun handling on the howitzer. Me being with a 152mm howitzer, will cause me to try to get a better aim at enemies, so I may not play too actively.

Seeing how I may need to stand still for longer for a better aim, I am thinking about Binoculars for passive scouting, still, do you think this tank would do better as an active scout? As a passive scout, there are places, from where the tank can stay hidden for a good amount of time to spot and aim for a surprise 152mm HE to the face. So, Binoculars versus Optics?

Currently, I have just started raising third skills on my M41 crew - the BiA skill is not yet enabled. I will put the crew on the T49, but they already have all the stabilization, camo and view range skills. Should I reset the skills and add BiA now, put vents on the EGLD's or Rammers's place, or put no skill enhancers just yet? Speaking of which, should I raise the third skills before I get the T49?

EGLD versus Vert. Stab. Which one is better in this case?

arjun69 #5 Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:03 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 104971 battles
  • [ARJ] ARJ

hey tnk

i have now 100 battles with the t49 and still struggle with it, including a horrible wr of 45%.

shooting the 152 while moving is a lottery at best. so the viable thing imo is sniping.

i still try to find the correct positions for this.

i still believe bia combined with vents is good.

additionally i had a couple of 4000 spotted damage games, thatswhy i will keep the binoculars.

camo on t49 is very bad though and reaching spotting positions can be hard.

that means i have 1 slot for equipment left. rammer, egld best options for sniping role imo.

that means that imo stabilisator is the least useful equipment in my case.

Baldrickk #6 Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:01 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postarjun69, on 26 April 2015 - 05:03 AM, said:

hey tnk

i have now 100 battles with the t49 and still struggle with it, including a horrible wr of 45%.

shooting the 152 while moving is a lottery at best. so the viable thing imo is sniping.

i still try to find the correct positions for this.

i still believe bia combined with vents is good.

additionally i had a couple of 4000 spotted damage games, thatswhy i will keep the binoculars.

camo on t49 is very bad though and reaching spotting positions can be hard.

that means i have 1 slot for equipment left. rammer, egld best options for sniping role imo.

that means that imo stabilisator is the least useful equipment in my case.

V-Stab is better than rammer, period.

http://i.imgur.com/LiS2R11.jpg

On mine I take Optics, rammer and V-Stab.

Optics to let me see and scout,

Rammer to be able to throw shells down range as quickly as possible 

Vstab because you can't always afford to be sat still to aim. Sometimes you need yo be shooting on the move or snapshotting.

CrimsonSteel #7 Posted 01 May 2015 - 12:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 33761 battles

After 1000 battles in it im fairly happy with my setup

Commander: BiA, Camo, Sixth Sense, Recon, Situational Awareness

Gunner: BiA, Camo, Snap Shot, Designated Target, Armorer

Driver: BiA, Camo, Preventative Maintenance, Smooth Ride, Off-road Driving

Loader: BiA, Camo, Safe Stowage, Adrenaline Rush, Repairs

Equipment: Improved Ventilation, Coated Optics, Vertical Stabilizer

I could probably use the rammer but i personally like the extra 5% to all skills. and im not in a rush to shoot most of the times.

Camo rating is fine for me, i rarely get spotted unless im ready to shoot or have fired.

And a tip for shooting on the move, move your turret slowly or not at all and you will most likely hit even while going at 70km/h :B or ive gotten my 70% hit ratio from beeing lucky :ohmy:

Or just pretend your a V-1 flying bomb and go point blank for their arse if their alone or distracted:izmena:

Camo rating is fine for me, i rarely get spotted unless im ready to shoot or have fired.

dennez #8 Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:48 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 18734 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
vStab, Rammer and Optics. + Cola is a must to keep your sanity

Hammerzeit #9 Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33333 battles
  • [ATRAP] ATRAP

vstab gld optics 

bia snapshot smoothride 100%camo

coke

& you're g2g

Edited by Hammerzeit, 04 May 2015 - 04:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users