• Player
  • 48485 battles
  • [WTFX] WTFX
In today's MM anyone would struggle with this tank:confused:

Lycopersicon #42 Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:02 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 10747 battles

Dunno about G1R (there was zero reason for me to play it, so I didn't), but SARL is godawful indeed. The 47-mm gun is pretty good, and absolutely everything else about this tank is utter rubbish. Medium duck with mobility that makes you feel that you are playing a superheavy, except that your armour is paper thin; terrible viewrange, tall tower above its gun (good luck going hull down), and, adding insult to injury, it is probably the ugliest tank in the game.

EDIT: LOL, I just read previous opinions and found that making a crew for CDC by playing SARL is a thing. Stupid thing to do, in retrospect, but yeah, I did it, too. Evidently, we are all masochists.

Edited by Lycopersicon, 24 August 2017 - 03:42 PM.

lkstamenov #43 Posted 27 September 2018 - 11:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 37331 battles
  • [BG-AF] BG-AF

the number 1 rule for this tank - stay hidden in ambush, aim carefully, anticipate enemy locations, use bushes as much as you can

So I use Vehicle paint, Cammo net, binocs and vents for max view range and cammo. First skill is cammo on all then Recon, Awareness,  Snapshot etc 

Surprise the enemy like KV-2 does. This works well. 

Derp is accurate and gold shells got best pen for a derp. The other gun got only 100mm of pen - inadequate

It is also good at spotting cause of its top cupola. There are games this tank cannot do damage but spotting 

All in all it is a tank for a careful gameplay certainly not aggressive

Some people prefer to grind BDR but the BDR got its flaws too

10:52 Added after 2 minutes

View Postcracktrackflak, on 30 August 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

In a bit of role-reversal, I decided to grind the SARL42 and G1R in order to create a decent crew for a CDC (i.e., I didn't want to play the CDC until I had sixth sense).

Now, I don't mind weak tanks, and seem to do quite well in some of them. However, I admit defeat with the SARL42 - this tank is so feeble that it can't even reliably dominate when its top tier and the enemy team is all tomatos and bots. I generally do ok with low penetration guns, but the SARL42's gun seems to struggle to pen anything. Again, I'm a good enough player to frequently carry or be top score from a bottom tier; however when the SARL42 is mid- or bottom tier, its just a complete waste of a game.

Isnt it the other way round - Train your crew in CDC and then play G1. CDC will make credits even in a loss

Edited by lkstamenov, 27 September 2018 - 11:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users