Red Dwarf

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Kevbar #1 Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18007 battles

Fantastic news

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/filming-to-begin-on-two-new-series-of-red-dwarf--due-to-be-aired-on-dave-from-next-year-10220863.html

The boys from the small rouge one are back. :great:

M1tchy #2 Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:31 AM

Major

• Player
  • 32750 battles
It's a great series, but I can't help thinking it could end up  like Last of The Summer Wine.

TrailApe #3 Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52745 battles

It's a great series, but I can't help thinking it could end up like Last of The Summer Wine.

I hope not.

Taking a step back, LOTSW was aimed at a much different audience and whilst the crew from the Dwarf might be getting close to Compo et als age, I don't see how the story line will end up - lets say - with the Dwarfers trying to get a tin bath from Lower Heckmonwyke to Peniston via the B6354 without Mrs Grimsdale finding out that Bert Entwhistles best racing pigeon has just crapped on a grand line of washing she has just pegged out.

It really does depend on the writing, last series wasn't too bad so lets not cry before we're hit.

Edited by TrailApe, 11 May 2015 - 01:00 PM.

Obsessive_Compulsive #4 Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:09 PM

General

• Player
  • 23893 battles

Old shows that return are never the same. The actors have matured, the writers have changed. The budget is probably 100x what is was in series 1... the overall flavour is very different. If you like me can accept that it will never be the ''old dwarf'' then there is no reason not to really enjoy the new adventures of the boys from the dwarf!

personally I cannot wait!

TrailApe #5 Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52745 battles

If you like me can accept that it will never be the ''old dwarf'' then there is no reason not to really enjoy the new adventures of the boys from the dwarf!

Totally agree.

And of course there’s always the discussion over which series was the ‘best’ - which is the 'real' Red Dwarf.

I’ve watched it from the very start, then got my girlfriend of the time involved (we’ve now been married nearly 23 years), bought the tapes to re-watch them, brought up two boys with Friday night being Red Dwarf Night, then bought the DVD’s and will still watch them, and we all have different ‘best’ series.

I think the only thing we agreed on was that the Christmas Special with Coronation Street was low on Dwarvisms (and that the woman on ‘The End’ – Series 1 - in the Orange Jump Suit that toasts George Macintyre is totally overacting).

Let’s pray for a good script

GrumblingGrenade #6 Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:07 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 5913 battles

View PostSmeeeeg_Heeeeed, on 11 May 2015 - 12:09 PM, said:

Old shows that return are never the same. The actors have matured, the writers have changed. The budget is probably 100x what is was in series 1... the overall flavour is very different. If you like me can accept that it will never be the ''old dwarf'' then there is no reason not to really enjoy the new adventures of the boys from the dwarf!

personally I cannot wait!

The words of a true Dwarfian; here, here, and a +1 from me.

"Sir, you are a SMEE-, a SMEEEG- HEEEED- "

evilchaosmonkey #7 Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:34 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16592 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

The first sign of trouble will be the opening music..

If I don't hear "goldfish shoals nibbling at your toes", then it get's switched off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users