Advice for new player looking for active clan to learn from

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

EnviableTag #1 Posted 03 May 2015 - 12:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 775 battles

Hi everyone,

I am a 38 year old ex console (Competitive COD) player who has found WoT and PC gaming, and i love it :)

I am looking for some advice on the following;

What tanks should i be aiming for in other words the tier levels or specific nation or types that most active clans expect from their members?

What is deemed an acceptable W/L ratio or stat level to be expected from a player wanting to join a clan?

How much experience should I gain on my own before applying for clans, or what should i be trying to learn/master before applying?

Please find my service record link below, I appreciate my stats are very bad and i am happy to share them in the hope someone could help me improve my game. i have found since i purchased a premium heavy tank the 'Churchill' my games are now improving....

http://www.wotstats....eu/enviabletag/

Thanks for your replies in advance :)

LtTuvok #2 Posted 03 May 2015 - 12:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 33151 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

Wrong part of the forum, but feel free to PM me in game (LtTuvok), and I'll do my best to answer any questions you have.

_Akoo_ #3 Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19845 battles

View PostEnviableTag, on 03 May 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

1. What tanks should i be aiming for in other words the tier levels or specific nation or types that most active clans expect from their members?

2.What is deemed an acceptable W/L ratio or stat level to be expected from a player wanting to join a clan?

3. How much experience should I gain on my own before applying for clans, or what should i be trying to learn/master before applying?

I took the liberty of numbering your questions so you would know what I am answering.

1. Depends on your play style, personally I think the "easiest" to use are the Russian Heavy tanks, at tier 6 and 8 for strongholds you have the KV-85 and IS3 which are both brilliant, and at tier 10 you have the IS-7 which a lot of clans use.

2. If you want to join a top clan, your stats need to be good, however given the context it seems you want to join a clan to learn, there are plenty of good training clans out there (SGTA springs to mind), that will let a lot of newer players in.

3. Learning the basics is always a good start, spotting mechanics (good luck with that one), how to angle armour, that sort of thing. Once you have them you wont piss off most people.

EnviableTag #4 Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 775 battles
Apologies for posting in the wrong forum, admin please move to correct location. Thanks for the posts so far.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users