Public Test of Update 9.8

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

Mighty_Wombat #41 Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26826 battles
that feeling when u think WG can't be more pathetic    :child:   For everything else there is Master Card/Visa     :teethhappy:

kenddis #42 Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9289 battles
[edited]

Edited by Neilloss46, 10 May 2015 - 10:29 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent. Neilloss46

battlecry123 #43 Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9953 battles
will 9.8 bring in the new physics for the tanks?

amashi #44 Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10053 battles

"Type 59 will never be sold"

lol just wait... incoming soon...

WG is turning ON it's P2W Mode. 

DD_Zooly #45 Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 11842 battles

The HD Cromwell is quite nice, not sure what else was fixed/changed (other than getting some free tanks to try out the new mode which don't interest me in the slightest).

Oh yeah, the personal missions have changed but a bit of clarity in regard to the changed ones being made blank which (hopefully) might mean they need to be redone?

Edited by DD_Zooly, 09 May 2015 - 11:06 PM.

Object9O5 #46 Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 812 battles

Camo is broken, Leopard 1 is spotted from 400m by E-100. 

Full camo crew, BIA etc.

ajgoodman84 #47 Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:38 AM

Private

• Player
  • 26838 battles
  • [SKIL5] SKIL5

will this update bring any improvement to WoT physics engine ?? 

haha_ufail #48 Posted 10 May 2015 - 03:40 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23150 battles
  • [CHLHW] CHLHW

wheres domination i cant find it at all on the test server

Experthost #49 Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:28 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 63229 battles
  • [RO-XP] RO-XP

View PostShade1982, on 09 May 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

Nobody I know still experiences the lags the game used to have for months, except for the occasional lag which is usually traced back to that persons local network, not WoT.

Well, dropping fps from 40-45 to 5 fps in several battles during one day play how should be called ? Lag spikes from ~40ms to 130ms for short periods but quite often whitin same batlle should be normal in your oppinion ? Disappearing shell while shooting from <200m, 3 times in a row (e100 against is4, Sand River). The shell died without hitting the target even if I've aimed a bit higher every time. Obviously it cames with "e100 noob, wtf?!" comments :) Now, if isn't WG's programming fault, who's then ? In prev version (9.6) never had such issues, same game settings (as low as possible) nothing extra added but hell yeah, a lot of issues. While playing on NA server (east, avg 143ms lag) it happened just once to have a 2s freeze but never that fps drop in 600 battles. So, where is the problem ?

Edited by Experthost, 10 May 2015 - 07:29 AM.

Deimnos #50 Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:52 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 37882 battles
  • [RO-MW] RO-MW
I know this is the devs job and everything, buuut, it seems to be a little early for a new patch, and one ready for testing at that. Guys, take your time, make sure all the stuff you want to put in works and that you implement in correctly

Homer_J #51 Posted 10 May 2015 - 08:07 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29664 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAN225, on 09 May 2015 - 10:54 AM, said:

Yea I guess so.

But I kinda hoped that for once WG will publish all the info and I won't have to relay on 3rd party sites for it.

I guess WG will publish it when it is finalised.  Test server is subject to change.

piet11111 #52 Posted 10 May 2015 - 08:24 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15726 battles
  • [L10NS] L10NS

View PostDeimnos, on 10 May 2015 - 07:52 AM, said:

I know this is the devs job and everything, buuut, it seems to be a little early for a new patch, and one ready for testing at that. Guys, take your time, make sure all the stuff you want to put in works and that you implement in correctly

Like i said on page 2 because of the wargaming league 9.7 was massively delayed on EU server while work on 9.8 continued they are not rushing any more then usual.

I am very happy with the new missions for instance the TD platoon mission for T-55A i stilll have to do currently requires my platoon to do at least 50% total damage done to enemy team but on the test server its only 30%.

Also looking forward to the Mäuschen but its not in the test yet.

HBox #53 Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:16 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 53011 battles
  • [ORLY] ORLY

plz slow down with the updates 

The_Revd_Arthur_Belling #54 Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:22 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17223 battles
  • [SILLY] SILLY

View PostThunderboltZ, on 09 May 2015 - 10:08 AM, said:

Yet still whining on the forums about the game that by your logic should have been dead half year ago :facepalm:

If you hate wot so much, why not just leave and do something useful other than whining on the forums since half a year how wot and WG in general sucks and everything fails? Give me one good reason why :sceptic:

Indeed; he comes on general chat nearly every day to tell us the game is dying fast and that 

a) everything is broken

b) nothing is fixed

c) everyone in the entire world now plays WartHunder or some other such game

I'll give him this - he's very consistent.

SharpEyez #55 Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:05 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12355 battles

Hello fellas, 

Where can I find the full patch notes, to see what has been changed and whats not.

Instead of just the main changed...

Any help is appreciated!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit:

Never mind found it myself: http://forum.worldof...st-patch-notes/

Maybe for the next time post a link in this threat too the patch notes dev team?

(mark the 3 seconds between posting this and editing this post that I have found it lol)

Edited by SharpEyez, 10 May 2015 - 11:08 AM.

VTanKe #56 Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:37 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 29689 battles

Block Quote

Removed the Komarin map from the Random Battle mode.
Deleted resources of the Northwest map from the game client.

All, boikott WG!
All, uninstall WOT!

bibikola #57 Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 43620 battles
  • [MGNA] MGNA
i really like the updates but prefer having issues solve. .. i had about 40ms ping time during games before and now its 80 - 120 ms lag and i still have the same sky broadband... also world like to have all info about the test patch. I guess bigworld engine really needs to be re-evaluated as my "modern machine" with win 10, amd  r9 gpu with directx12 hardwwre and wddm 2.0 is rather pointless in world of tanks if bigworld still needs dirextx9 gpu but the irony, i guess they want us to have hd4890 running windows xp with single core cpu clockd at 7Ghz... please please please how about spend the time for the small updates on getting bigworld engine more friendly with modern systems. No point having  hd models if my fps is still not efficient... and how about trying to make the scoring systems more reflective our our contribution to battles, like those lone rangers holding a flank when whole team goes to one direction... and they should ban all players always spamming to join clans

Edited by bibikola, 10 May 2015 - 12:34 PM.

jet_stern #58 Posted 10 May 2015 - 01:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25071 battles
:amazed:Anyone knows when the fallout mod is gona be playble.In my country(romania) is almost 16:00 and i cant play domination or fallout using the special vehicles (This event is currently unavailable. Follow the latest news on the game portal. )Anyone can tell me when fallout is gona come out and when i can play again domination.

suncani #59 Posted 10 May 2015 - 03:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31980 battles
  • [DIE4M] DIE4M
WHERE IS IN GAME FLAG OF MONTENEGRO???????????

Charger76 #60 Posted 10 May 2015 - 04:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 29848 battles
  • [PTS] PTS

I have spent a good deal of money on this game over the past year and make no apologies for doing so, despite appalling customer "care" and the fact that the EU clients are kept in the dark constantly - take a look at the May Calendar for proof, admins have still not even bothered to update that & its now 10th of May - it is fundamentally a very good game and one I am willing to pay for to enjoy.

There are many frustrations within the game, probably the worst for me is that the game has quite a heavy pay to win slant - gold ammo or Skill Replacement Ammo obviates the need for a tank to use its strenths against other's weaknesses. For example, your T-54 should not be shooting E100's head on, they should be flanking them & shooting them in the sides & back. Using gold ammo allows the T54 to pen the E100 just about anywhere negating all of the E100's advantages whilst at the same time negating any of the T-54's weaknesses.

The recent accuracy nerf has had two miserable effects upon the game:

1. Even more people carry high gold ammo payloads to guarantee pens given that aiming is unrelaibale.

2. Made artillery an entirely skill free type - fully aimed, well timed shots mean nothing, the round will land wherever the RNG lottery decides. That actually increases the annoyance with Arty because if you are hit by one it is almost entirely because RNG is giving you a poke in the eye. I say this as someone who hated arty but having played them for clan war garage development I can say what I say on this with a fair view from both sides.

The fact is that where once only the most egregious stat padders used all gold ammo loadouts, now even bad players are spamming it.

Now I see this:

http://ritastatusrep...-supertest.html

In short, Wargaming very much likes that WoT is a pay to win game and no doubt noticed that their income went up after the accuracy nerf as more people began to buy Fort Knox bundles to afford thier gold ammo load outs. So now they have decided to nerf standard ammo to the point that you can only penetrate a heavy tank with a medium from the back or sides unless you get close enough to luck out on a weak spot (accuracy nerf sees to it that luck not skill decides).

That would be great if gold ammo did not immediately remove that need and nerfing that from 360 to 330 for example is irrelevant, it is still overpowered anmd if standard ammo is now much more likely to bounce and just as unlikely to not go where aimed I guarantee you the game will become completely pay to win.

At which point I will stop spending money on premium account, premium tanks for crew training & silver making etc. etc. I will instead spend my money on a competing product that I hope understands that a business must make money best it can but there comes a point where your drive to make even more profit harms the product you are selling.

Wargaming may be happy enough that there are plenty of stat padders out there that will keep them in milk & honey to boost their stats, but here is the thing: if the numbers of people who prefer to use skill rather than cash to win drop off then only the worst of the stat padders will be left at high tiers & then they will stop playing because games where everyone uses gold ammo only the very best will thrive meaning that many stat padders will all of a sudden have not so good stats. Then they too will stop playing.

So here is my message to Wargaming: by all means make as much as you can from this game: increase the benefit from premium accounts, add some more interesting premium tanks - every line should have a T8 premium to crew train - add maps that vary the play, keep improving the game. But stop messing with the game to drive up the pay to win skill replacement ammo sales. That is breaking an otherwise very good product.

Edited by Charger76, 10 May 2015 - 04:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users