Jump to content


M5 Stuart- is THIS a joke or just a WG's troll work of art?


  • Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Sowa_95 #41 Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:12 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 25427 battles
  • 76
  • [1PAPD] 1PAPD
  • Member since:
    12-13-2016

View PostWindSplitter1, on 17 June 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

 

See, I was referring to American Light Tanks... :facepalm:

 

There is nothing to refer to. You should compare the tanks by tier. For sure, american lights are one of the best, I played all of them up to tier 8. Damn, I even 3 marked the Chaffee before 9.18 (RIP my favourite tank). But you have to realize, that In each tier there is a good and competitive tank, apart from tier IV. It can work as a pure scout, of course, but on those lower tiers scouting is not as relevant as the gun, which is garbage.

 

You can like the M5, maybe you're doing good in it, but stats speak for itself. This is the worst choice you can take at tier IV light tanks. I honestly don't know how can you highlight/award this tank ahead of others.



WindSplitter1 #42 Posted 17 June 2017 - 05:14 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 16236 battles
  • 2,564
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostSowa_95, on 17 June 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

 

There is nothing to refer to. You should compare the tanks by tier. For sure, american lights are one of the best, I played all of them up to tier 8. Damn, I even 3 marked the Chaffee before 9.18 (RIP my favourite tank). But you have to realize, that In each tier there is a good and competitive tank, apart from tier IV. It can work as a pure scout, of course, but on those lower tiers scouting is not as relevant as the gun, which is garbage.

 

You can like the M5, maybe you're doing good in it, but stats speak for itself. This is the worst choice you can take at tier IV light tanks. I honestly don't know how can you highlight/award this tank ahead of others.

I hear on on the Chaffee. It was my favourite two and 3 marked it as well...

 

Concerning the M5, it's just playstyle preference.



We_elected_Trump #43 Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:41 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 2859 battles
  • 69
  • Member since:
    07-03-2017

Advice how to play this tank?

 

It can't pen anything and even if it does the damage is nothing.

It can't see anything as view range is appalling.

It can't hide because it's to big.

 

What the **** can you do in it?



Sowa_95 #44 Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:04 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 25427 battles
  • 76
  • [1PAPD] 1PAPD
  • Member since:
    12-13-2016

View Postdumb_muricans, on 11 July 2017 - 09:41 AM, said:

Advice how to play this tank?

 

It can't pen anything and even if it does the damage is nothing.

It can't see anything as view range is appalling.

It can't hide because it's to big.

 

What the **** can you do in it?

 

In terms of the gun, forget about it. There is nothing you can do, so don't even bother to improve anything in gun handling/reload.

 

You need to play it as a pure scout, and this tank has all the tools when compared to other tanks in this tier. But I recommend skipping M5 ASAP.

Basically you need camo+view range. But dont go with camo net, since if you choose a bush, you should spot the tanks before they spot you. If you want to be more active, camo net is useless as well.

 

As a scout, you will need crew camo, sixth sense, painting and coated optics. I also run binocs in lower tiers, since the VR is not so great. Vents are nice as well, it's cheap and improves all crew members.

Those details applies to all light tanks in all tiers. You can't be a good scout without good crew and suitable equipment.

 

Generally as a newbie, you shouldn't play scout tanks. Some say it's one of the most difficult task on the battlefield.


Edited by Sowa_95, 11 July 2017 - 05:10 PM.


We_elected_Trump #45 Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:50 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 2859 battles
  • 69
  • Member since:
    07-03-2017

My crew is so unskilled my view range is only 306! And I haven't got the credits to buy all that stuff.

 

So avoid this until I have enough credits to get all the extras, and skill a crew on another tank? That's a weird game progression :amazed: WOT have made this so hard to play with just the basic tank and unskilled crew it is useless.

 

I can see your point, though. I am trying to play all 4 lines at the same time, simply because I get bored just grinding one type of tank.


Edited by dumb_muricans, 11 July 2017 - 08:51 PM.


Sowa_95 #46 Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:27 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 25427 battles
  • 76
  • [1PAPD] 1PAPD
  • Member since:
    12-13-2016

View Postdumb_muricans, on 11 July 2017 - 08:50 PM, said:

My crew is so unskilled my view range is only 306! And I haven't got the credits to buy all that stuff.

 

So avoid this until I have enough credits to get all the extras, and skill a crew on another tank? That's a weird game progression :amazed: WOT have made this so hard to play with just the basic tank and unskilled crew it is useless.

 

I can see your point, though. I am trying to play all 4 lines at the same time, simply because I get bored just grinding one type of tank.

 

It sounds weird, but that's how it works. If you know the basics and have some experience you should skip through those lower tiers ASAP. At least to tier VI. I'm talking about all lines.

In lower tiers you do not need crew skills and equipment, since most of the players don't have them either. But still, you may find yourself unable to carry or impact the game rather often. Luckily, there is not much grinding at the begining. Battle experience stacks really fast up to tier VI.

 

In terms of the crew, train new one always for the credits. If you research new tank, transfer them and retrain for the creds. If the class of those two vehicles is the same, 100% crew will be retrained to 90%. Crew skils of course doesn't disappear. Retraining on lower tiers will not bring much advntage, since you probably won't train them to 100% before you research another vehicle. The cost for retraining and recruiting is the same, so it's still worthwile to get those few % extra. To go from 75% to 100% of primary skill you need approx 70k XP. For the first skill on a light tank, IMO, you should always go with camo.

 

So that's how you go in this game. You will need many battles and/or personal reserves to develop nice crew. Maybe find yourself a tank you're feeling good in it, not a light tank specifically, and train a crew for a future scout. But you have to remember that you can't change crew nationality, so play it wise :D



We_elected_Trump #47 Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:46 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 2859 battles
  • 69
  • Member since:
    07-03-2017

Omg I just realised you have to grind this awful tank TWICE! :facepalm:

 

I unlocked the Chafee and then saw I have to grind it again to get the M7! :(

 

Thanks WOT for making us grind such an awful tank twice :amazed:


Edited by dumb_muricans, 15 July 2017 - 12:47 AM.


Sowa_95 #48 Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:39 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 25427 battles
  • 76
  • [1PAPD] 1PAPD
  • Member since:
    12-13-2016

View Postdumb_muricans, on 15 July 2017 - 12:46 AM, said:

Omg I just realised you have to grind this awful tank TWICE! :facepalm:

 

I unlocked the Chafee and then saw I have to grind it again to get the M7! :(

 

Thanks WOT for making us grind such an awful tank twice :amazed:

 

You really dont have to grind m7 if you dont want to. All the good tanks are lined up after the chaffee.

dimcho_84 #49 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:14 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 37571 battles
  • 19
  • Member since:
    04-28-2014
in its current state M5 Stuart is really bad joke. To remain historically accurate and a bit more playable, its MM should be limited to tier 5 maximum and never see tier 6 tanks. Its top gun is annoying . M5 also could be removed and usa tech tree will remain without tier 4 light, which is not a precedent (chinese tech tree has no tier 5 light , formerly ussr also didnt had one) (edit: britush also didnt have either)

Edited by dimcho_84, 13 April 2018 - 06:05 PM.


Tom_Deekanarry #50 Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:12 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7030 battles
  • 325
  • Member since:
    06-28-2012
Ok it's crap, but what a great tank to have fun with, fit the 5 shot comedy gun and your more dangerous to people round you than the enemy, but damn I love the M5

Negativvv #51 Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:09 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9284 battles
  • 1,110
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

Horrible little tank but it can still get some results...

 



dimcho_84 #52 Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:41 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 37571 battles
  • 19
  • Member since:
    04-28-2014
May be i am not the only player, feeling disappointed that WG introduce new premium tank every two weeks, but give no attention to the good old regular low-tiers like M5, desperately needing change. At least move it to tier 3, or give it limited MM, like on french B1.

Edited by dimcho_84, 11 October 2018 - 08:41 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users