Ever heard of clan GOP? Tell me your opinion about them.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Frenzier #1 Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 57183 battles
  • [GOP] GOP

Among the portuguese comunity there seems to be a bad vibe about clan GOP http://eu.wargaming.net/clans/500002273/ , if you have been active on CWs and campaings in the last 1.5 years you might have heard about us, altough i dont right now have the GOP tag i am still somewhat a GOP, i would like to know your opinion about us based on the fact its a only portuguese players clan and that it never had that mutch high average wn8, and... what do you think about other portuguese clans?

I apreciate your opinion, specially sincere ones with as little as possible trolling, regardless of being a positive or negative opinion, ty for your time.

This can possibly help dismystify or simply clarify what GOP clan stands for.

Edited by Frenzier, 13 May 2015 - 07:22 PM.

Atrevir #2 Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 18459 battles
  • [PTS-D] PTS-D
Well I thought the idea was pretty cool, a Portugese elite clan and such. Going international kinda ruined their uniqueness if you ask me. Otherwise, never heard bad crapreally

Frenzier #3 Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 57183 battles
  • [GOP] GOP

View PostAtrevir, on 13 May 2015 - 09:02 PM, said:

Well I thought the idea was pretty cool, a Portugese elite clan and such. Going international kinda ruined their uniqueness if you ask me. Otherwise, never heard bad crapreally

The becoming international idea never worked out, its still a portuguese only clan, not as elite as it used to be however.

KorelG #4 Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34767 battles
GOP stands for portuguese community back than I didnt even know  portuguese people exist in wot :P Plus , one of the thoughest  klanu of old mighty green allience :)

Blue_Badger #5 Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:35 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14431 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27
Never heard anything bad about GOP, and I like to listen in on clan drama. I heard they had a dip in player quality but I still rate them as a decent clan. 

Man_in_TD #6 Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19047 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

Fought them in CW a couple of times.

They put up a good fight,now enough tho.

speedphlux #7 Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42577 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR
GOP is one of the strongest clans from single-nationality I've seen in my days in WoT. Always there, always fighting, always well-mannered.

But I guess in terms of getting bad vibes from the Portugese Community, I guess its the same all around the world. Every smaller community, like the Portugese or Bulgarian, is bound to have just one or two (if any at all) capable clans, with the rest filled up with mediocricty at best. Its bound to attract jealousy. Its bound to breed hate. You get accused of "draining the blood" of the smaller clans of those Community by attracting their best players, even thou you make no effort in this, but they seek you out themselves. In those terms, I'd say GOP is the ANGER of Portugese Community or ANGER is the GOP of Bulgarian Community.

Frenzier #8 Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 57183 battles
  • [GOP] GOP

View Postspeedphlux, on 14 May 2015 - 04:08 PM, said:

GOP is one of the strongest clans from single-nationality I've seen in my days in WoT. Always there, always fighting, always well-mannered.

But I guess in terms of getting bad vibes from the Portugese Community, I guess its the same all around the world. Every smaller community, like the Portugese or Bulgarian, is bound to have just one or two (if any at all) capable clans, with the rest filled up with mediocricty at best. Its bound to attract jealousy. Its bound to breed hate. You get accused of "draining the blood" of the smaller clans of those Community by attracting their best players, even thou you make no effort in this, but they seek you out themselves. In those terms, I'd say GOP is the ANGER of Portugese Community or ANGER is the GOP of Bulgarian Community.

Ty, thats pretty mutch the statement i was looking for ;)

NineMonthsAndItsYouSadly #9 Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44947 battles

Block Quote

Always there, always fighting, always well-mannered.

At first I didn't care about GOP at all. They came out of nowhere suddenly in my randoms long time ago. But then I met some douchebag in 3men GOP platoon. Don't remember his name. Whenever I meet any GOP player I expect them to be a douchebag at some point in the game. I know it was just one guy but I have no good experience with GOP so the balance is -1.  One stupid behaviour of one player affects my entire opinion/feeling about GOP. 
Although I'm sure there are good people. It's not like *any given nation* = arseholes. It's not like polish = noob.

Outfielder #10 Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:04 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24088 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

GOP is a good clan. We fought them quite often for a while and it did not end well for us most of the time.

Most of the Nomadz that were in those battles will probably remember GOP because of one guy tho. He was in Nomadz, had a big mouth, got kicked, ended up in GOP and was chirping and needling at us every single time. So yeah, actions of one jackass.....oh well, still a good clan.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users