Clan life

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Wombles #1 Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14015 battles

Hi everyone not sure this is right place to post this but, I was wondering about clan life what it entails and such, I know that every clan will have different expectations and such. And I will start with why I'm asking the questions.

First of I'm 44 and very good sense of humour (maybe to much) would be considered very loyal to my commitments been playing for a while (2011) and I would be and am a team player hard to do in random's :( and would be at the front, but then when my team starts asking for help at the other side of the map I would try to get to them, and needless to say it's hurting my stats, with my stats dwindling I fell away from World of Tanks and only played now and then. And every time I play random's it sort of disheartens me the amount of people that aren't team player's in a team orientated game (maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy :) ).

So why am I writing this well I had the honour of being invited into the british expeditionary force clan the other day and before I would commit to a clan I would like to here from other clan member's what clan life is like and is it worth the commitment hope this makes sense, but I would not like to mess people about so your comments will be appreciated.

Thanks for reading

Wombles :)

bigsexy3 #2 Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9482 battles
  • [-BIG-] -BIG-

Well Wombles,

In randoms u just can't commit being a teamplayer, that's because everyone in randoms plays for him self or for his platoon.

In a clan when playin ClanWars and StrongHold battles u really can commit (actually u must) being a teamplayer. That's what being in a clan is all about, not even counting in all the fun u have with ur clan mates.

Clan life is good when u are good for the clan. There always will be some drama here and there, but that shouldn't be a big issue considering joining a clan.

Hope u find a clan well suited for urself.

Good luck on the battlefield!

Greetz, Big

Edited by bigsexy3, 28 May 2015 - 01:28 PM.

Blue_Badger #3 Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:31 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14413 battles

All clans will offer different things. What you need to do is think about what you want from a clan and then find one that offers those things.

A piece of advice someone gave me was "find a clan commander who thinks like you". I followed that and I'm happy.

Good luck :).

RaeudigerRonny #4 Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:38 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26100 battles

A clan is not some sort of religious cult. Just join one and see if you like it. If you dont like it, just leave them.

Oh yeah and the first part of what Badger said. Think about what you want from a clan and then see who offers such stuff. WoT has Thousands of clans. Im sure there is the right clan for everybody.

Eight_Ball #5 Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:56 PM

Captain

• Clan Commander
  • 36758 battles
  • [AVOS] AVOS

Hello,

First I played the same way: Solo - But with the same problems.

I would not join a clan, as this were with all kind of external demands like TS and homepages + dedicated gamer time. I do not like to game a fixed number of hours every day, and neither did I have the urge to participate in CW and other stuff. TS were not possible, and I just wanted to shoot tanks.

But along the way I joined a few clans, and found out, that this was exactly as expected: A lot of demands and rules, that I did not need.... Then what?

I started my own clan, with the most important rule: You need to enjoy yourself, and if you participate in team battles, you need to use TS - only other criteria were 18+, as I did not want this to anything else than a free space for adult gamers. This is what our clan is today: We are not the most competitive clan, but neither the most passive clan out there.

This also means, that the guys who join, they often learn a lot - they have fun - they participate in the clan life. The good players of ours, are also helping others out. We do not care about WN8 or other meassurements, unless we need to perform in certain tasks - but then the effort is in the individual battle. We still have time and fun, when derping around in random battles, as well as going down in low tiers, just for fun and crew training. Driving the tanks you like - experiencing the maps, and also tanks you are no good at is bad for stats... but fun. We are 99 members now, and most of them has been her for quite some time - sitting in the evenings having enjoyable fun and communications with each other. We even have been on "Clan excursions" to see armored warfare museums, arranged by the members. This is actually pretty cool.

then there is everything else out there: From very tight communities, where people almost live together, playing WoT on a very professional level, to very inactive clan, where your only benefit from a clan logo.

The only way to find out, is to join a clan, and see if the clan fits you, and not just if you fit the clan.

Wombles #6 Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14015 battles

@ Domstadtkerl I'm a bit disappointed to hear clans arn't religious cult I was looking forward to playing in some cool religious robes. :(

Eightball you seemed be have been in the boat I'm in and you have my respect for starting a clan can't be easy and won't be something I will be trying :O, but what's that about the dedicated game timer ?

and I only play for fun that's what gaming is for. :)

Eight_Ball #7 Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:26 PM

Captain

• Clan Commander
  • 36758 battles
  • [AVOS] AVOS

Dedicated time: Some clans demands you to be available at certain hours, certain days every week - others demands a specific amount of hours spent on the clan every day or week.

But that is ofc just out of the wishes for the clan to be very competitive, which is their decision - And respect for that.

And starting a clan is not that easy, but as soon as you have people onboard, who share your views, it becomes much easier. The hard part is, that communications needs to be in place, and everything needs to be maintained - But that allows for the members to participate in team battles at almost all levels, and having fun with it - Heck! We even managed to get 12 VK7201's to the clan, in that CW event - so even with low ambition levels, goals can be achieved.

Azusa_right_in_the_pusah #8 Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23616 battles

View PostDomstadtkerl, on 28 May 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

A clan is not some sort of religious cult. Just join one and see if you like it. If you dont like it, just leave them.

Oh yeah and the first part of what Badger said. Think about what you want from a clan and then see who offers such stuff. WoT has Thousands of clans. Im sure there is the right clan for everybody.

i consider HAMI a religious cult .. like for real 

Wombles #9 Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14015 battles

Thanks for all the info it is very much appreciated.

DammaRamma #10 Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:44 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24949 battles

View PostWombles, on 28 May 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Hi everyone not sure this is right place to post this but, I was wondering about clan life what it entails and such, I know that every clan will have different expectations and such. And I will start with why I'm asking the questions.

First of I'm 44 and very good sense of humour (maybe to much) would be considered very loyal to my commitments been playing for a while (2011) and I would be and am a team player hard to do in random's :( and would be at the front, but then when my team starts asking for help at the other side of the map I would try to get to them, and needless to say it's hurting my stats, with my stats dwindling I fell away from World of Tanks and only played now and then. And every time I play random's it sort of disheartens me the amount of people that aren't team player's in a team orientated game (maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy :) ).

So why am I writing this well I had the honour of being invited into the british expeditionary force clan the other day and before I would commit to a clan I would like to here from other clan member's what clan life is like and is it worth the commitment hope this makes sense, but I would not like to mess people about so your comments will be appreciated.

Thanks for reading

Wombles :)

Wow m8.....44 years old.....that's way to old to be in a clan or even play online games.....I wouldn't recommend it....they are call you oldtimer, grumpy and crap like that....

Just imaging listen to all that b.s. from players witch could be your son....don't do it....think about your bloodpressure...your family....wife perhaps.

just kidding mate....just join and if you don't like it.....leave ;-)

pssssstt......43 (on paper) here

:harp:

Edited by DammaRamma, 29 May 2015 - 12:51 PM.

bigsexy3 #11 Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9482 battles
  • [-BIG-] -BIG-

Call u oldtimer? Wouldn't ever do that :trollface:. But u really have to watch out for ur bloodpressure, it's bad for ur body mate.

Especially when u Laugh Out Loud :teethhappy: by all the stupid moves the youngsters make ;).

Just like Damma says, join a clan and find out for urself if u like it or not

Wombles #12 Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:13 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14015 battles

What 44 is not old it's only half way to 88 :D but thanks for boosting my confidence Dramma and Bigsexy. :hiding:

Your clan has some very good player's in it good luck and thank you for the advice.

Eight_Ball #13 Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:55 AM

Captain

• Clan Commander
  • 36758 battles
  • [AVOS] AVOS
44 is a pure kid ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users