Merging of two smaller clans ?

Clan Merge idea strongholds cw

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Dr_Grigz #1 Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 20763 battles

So the idea has come forth, that it would be proffitable for two small clans to join in as one. This was probobally done alredy and probobally failed misserably, but hey lets give it a shot.

So we basically struggle with geting enough people on to do strongholds consistantly. All the members would like to do them but we are always 1 or 2 short. The recruitment is hard and barelly anyone wants to join a clan these days, and if he does he gets showered with invites and you lose that recruit. So if anyone would be interested in such a thing send me a PM or just leave a reply :)

Bogey_079 #2 Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8797 battles

Edited by Yngwie079, 02 June 2015 - 09:37 AM.

touch_of_death #3 Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 58789 battles
  • [WU_PA] WU_PA

you guys can always come back to the wulfen guild bud and if you want re-join fang or merge with any of the clans there.

good luck mate.

RedSox04 #4 Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:43 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32220 battles
How many guys are we talking about? As we are almost taking land every night, soon the problem will arise where we are trying to take land and defending what we hold at the same time so we are trying to build a bigger core for CWs. At the moment SH is on a back burner due to upcoming campaign but will be raised above level IV after it's finished. Maybe have a chat with us!

RedSox04 #5 Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32220 battles

We went a different direction with mergers so what I said above is no longer valid.

I will however suggest Nomadz. They are a great bunch of guys and are looking to accept a smaller clan in a merger. This is their page so take a look if you're still interested.

http://forum.worldof...ruitment-topic/

Outfielder is the guy to speak to!

Orlunu #6 Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:54 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8380 battles
  • [PRAVD] PRAVD

I've been in one clan that did merge into another, and one that nearly did.  In both cases, the problem of which clan loses its identity proved insurmountable.

For the first, the clan that was subsumed got so sick of being subordinated to a new and foreign command &c that they stayed pretty much separate within the clan, and ended up leaving it altogether after the commander tried to forcibly integrate them too many times.  Re-separation was pretty traumatic and nearly killed both clans.  Both ended up with significantly lower numbers and wrecked command and control.

For the second, half the clan wanted to merge into another, half didn't.  Things went too far before everyone was asked and it basically split the smaller clan into pieces.  Only a couple went to the other clan, a few more just left because their favourites had left and found new clans, there was a big fight as fallout that drove a few more out, and the clan nearly died.  The last spat ended and the last member to leave over it left a good six months after the actual event.

Not saying that it can't work, just saying to watch out.  Check that everyone in the smaller clan is perfectly fine with losing that clan identity before you even take the first steps.

I can sympathise with your recruitment problems, since we have had a hard time regrowing back to where we can now consistently do SHs, but I want to warn you that the results if it all goes wrong is that your clan will be kill, so you might as well have broken up and gone your different ways anyway.

RedSox04 #7 Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32220 battles
It depends why the merger is taking place. For example, if the clan is no longer viable or has already broken up and around 40 are left, it makes sense if they all agree to try a merger. If it fails, some will stay, some will return and some move on. But this happens all the time in smaller numbers anyway, the cycle of clan life.

Bogey_079 #8 Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8797 battles

View PostOrlunu, on 01 June 2015 - 10:54 PM, said:

I've been in one clan that did merge into another, and one that nearly did.  In both cases, the problem of which clan loses its identity proved insurmountable.

I think you're right. We would have taken every single member, as our policy is that everyone gets a chance. It's not difficult to see a lot of problems coming out of it though, now that I think about it.

Outfielder #9 Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:44 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24082 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View PostRedSox04, on 01 June 2015 - 09:15 PM, said:

We went a different direction with mergers so what I said above is no longer valid.

I will however suggest Nomadz. They are a great bunch of guys and are looking to accept a smaller clan in a merger. This is their page so take a look if you're still interested.

http://forum.worldof...ruitment-topic/

Outfielder is the guy to speak to!

LOL! Thanks Red! The provision/big bonus is coming your way matey! :teethhappy:

Seriously tho OP, yes, we can have a chat! Will send you a PM as well.

Also tagged with Clan, Merge, idea, strongholds, cw

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users